It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just accept it, we're due for disclosure

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

We're not alone and the governments aren't going to (don't have the power to.) be able to manage keeping things quiet for much longer.

Common assumption is that they've been keeping it a secret since at least 1942 or 1947, so what's changed?

For disclosure to happen, there would have to be some kind of triggering event. Currently, assuming we accept the idea the US and/or other governments are fully aware of ET's existence and have been keeping it quiet, then this also assumes ET is likewise keeping his mouth shut, and that this arrangement is somehow mutually beneficial.

So, it would have to benefit one party more to disclose, in order for it to happen. So, what's the catalyst that would tip the scales? It hasn't happened in over half a century. Why should it now?

Personally, I think we'll only see disclosure when the aliens want it, and on their timeframe.

40 year old adult with a graduate degree.

Funny, later this year, that's exactly what I'll be (when I turn 40), and already have the degree. (MBA)
edit on 12-5-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Once again, I was drunk when making the thread, so this was just me being overly hopeful. Someone pointed out that I was being attention seeking too, and to be honest, I probably was. That's drunk people for you though. Am hoping to cut that right out soon by dumping this account (had actually dumped it before something made me post earlier on.) and using my real name as username.

Anyway, although I might have been an attention seeking drunk at the time, there's usually an element of me still there with alcohol, so I'd say these are the things that have changed if something is going to happen :

The internet. The governments can't keep information controlled anywhere near as much any more. They can plant the seed of doubt and try to discredit leaks, but that's about it. It's also way easier for whistleblowers to leak information out to huge amounts of people via the net.

Us. We've changed, we're processing information at a ridiculous rate compared to any other time in our history, more technologically advanced, more prepared for the reality of Alien life via the general amount of Alien related stuff we've seen in fiction, possible scenarios via fields of Science, Astronomy, Astrobiology, Paranormal, etc.

Them. I think Aliens might look at us around now and think we're about ready. It's getting to the point now where hiding their existence will be increasingly hard to do, and also that seeing as we've changed so much, (and some will say have been prepared.) it might be about time. I mean, if 2011 isn't anywhere near the right time, when is? And will we even be here much longer as the world is becoming an increasingly unstable and more populated place with big environmental problems like we're facing now? They might even need to disclose just to save us, which is another angle.

Personally, have had a lot of doubts after making this thread. I'm no longer sure if I even believe in them, nor care about them that much after thinking of what they've watched us go through over the last couple of thousand years. I find it really hard to accept that they've watched us go through all the crap we have done without helping more. All I can think is that our whole history is a learning process that species like ourselves have to go through, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. Especially when thinking about the Dark Ages, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, World Wars, etc. I think it's an overly ridiculous way for species to have to learn what not to do, and is a broken way of teaching beings if true that has to be changed in the future.

On the other hand, we don't have the level of awareness or understanding that they do, so maybe that's why we don't get it.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Cool to know you have a degree too, nice one.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Hiya Hito, don't worry about drunken posting or a thread you regret. This is ATS where people forget what thread was posted 20 minutes ago and repost them. A night on the ale or a guy/gal posting the same debunked BS for years? At least you were coherent!!

A tuned in night on the Internets will be forgotten within a day.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'd have liked this thread a lot better if the OP didn't have such a condescending, preachy manner to her (I mean, his) sermon. It was a long read with not much to say, except a bit of soap-box oratory (and, in an admittedly drunken state no less). We can all gather around the bar in the pub with her (I mean him) someday and sing his tune together when "it" finally happens, so she (he) can tell us she (he) "told us so".

Oh well. Thanks for expressing your beliefs and not-so-subtle instructions for humankind, I guess.

BTW - HOW do you know the Aliens are benign, and, "...just like us..."? Just curious...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
I'd have liked this thread a lot better if the OP didn't have such a condescending, preachy manner to her (I mean, his) sermon. It was a long read with not much to say, except a bit of soap-box oratory (and, in an admittedly drunken state no less). We can all gather around the bar in the pub with her (I mean him) someday and sing his tune together when "it" finally happens, so she (he) can tell us she (he) "told us so".

Oh well. Thanks for expressing your beliefs and not-so-subtle instructions for humankind, I guess.

BTW - HOW do you know the Aliens are benign, and, "...just like us..."? Just curious...

Eh? You know I was drunk, but still take the rest of the post seriously? The whole thing is out because I was drunk. I don't know anything at all, that's the only thing I'm certain of.

And thanks Kandinsky, sounds better when put like that!

I should've just made the new account anyway, (that's getting done now over the next few days.) I think someone checked my profile when I posted again, saw this thread, then bumped it. I asked for it to be locked and/or deleted, but the ATS staff decided against it as far as I know, which is a bit strange because all it's causing is confusion.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Agreed,
All life deserves respect, even those foreign to us.
If aliens wanted to do us harm they would have done so a long time ago.
We are a weak race and we think ourselves tall with our foolishness.
We have made several milestones, but we aren't all knowing about anything.

Truthfully, we shouldn't fear what we don't know or understand, even our ancestors were more curious about the sky than we are today.

Most of our religions are based off stories of close encounters, so why is anyone freaking out to begin with?
I mean sure, I'm gonna go crazy when I see an alien in my house from no where. I might even soil my pants and pass out from media produced fear.
But that doesn't mean I was hurt or even threatened by any of them, and hell, you know how people say the spider is more afraid of you than you are of it?
Well, who the hell knows if the alien is appalled by the way we look and act.
We are both in the same shoes, just counterparts of a giant universe.

I hope we are lucky enough to be taught by them about our universe and how it works.
Physics is something EVERYONE should love.
Without it, we'd be nothing, but now I'm just rambling and I'm tired as hell...

Just remember, If they wanted to kill us or exterminate us, they'd have done so before hand.
But they haven't. so respect them and treat them like a honorable guest and make them feel welcomed!

-Nils

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There you go to those that rightly gave me stick, made another account with my real name and pic. Hitoshura is dead, long live Hitoshura, etc. Feels boring and strange but had to be done, should hopefully put and end to drunken threads that make no sense to me the next day.

If more people did this there'd probably be a whole lot less crap posted around here!
edit on 13-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The situation is that the US has been in contact with and working with these aliens for decades and it is a prime directive for the health and safety of the entire universe that races of people are not exposed to technology and information that they are not ready for.

So the moral of the story is that they are NOT ALLOWED to tell us, the US government included because they are working with them. We have to work it out for ourselves and that is happening right now anyway.. It sounds corny but we have to believe.. the truth is already out there. Disclosure starts with you and me.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Eh? You know I was drunk, but still take the rest of the post seriously? The whole thing is out because I was drunk. I don't know anything at all, that's the only thing I'm certain of.

Some of the best songs and entertainment in the world were done by people who were most decidedly high when they came up with it....

You're not the only one who expresses feelings disclosure is coming. But, logically, if we are to assume there is such a coverup, we also have to assume that there would have to be a triggering event for disclosure to happen...something that changes the status quo. It won't just happen because we want to know.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Gazrok because: of damned subject verb agreement

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join