It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just accept it, we're due for disclosure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Who cares about disclosure... The extraterrestrials just need to come down and laser "them" up, i would be happy.
edit on 9-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: humor

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mushrooms
ok, believing that alien life exists is rational, considering the size of the universe, but believing that their visiting earth? and that the government in hiding them from us? come on... ;p

We'll just have to wait and see. Like I said, I'm not one of these prediction people, (as in saying dates.) nor am I one of the know it all people, I just have something inside me telling me they're here. It could be delusion, feelings that are wrong, wrong beliefs, wrong thoughts, etc, but there's no way I can prove anything so I can't really do anything about it. I just have to hope my intuition is actually working with this one.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What disclosure are you talking about? It has already been disclosed thousand times in the past by the credible people. It is just that the GOV doesn't want to openly admit it (alien visitation etc etc) to the people.

Do you see the difference in the wordings?

The fact that the GOV hasn't admit it openly doesn't mean that it has not already been disclosed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There are many reasons disclosure will never likely happen by the military industrial complex.

If ET tech is used in our most sensitive projects it will put us at a major disadvantage if revealed to our potentional enemies and rivals.

I feel the presidency has always been interested in disclosure but somehow the Military Industrial Complex stops any such ideations in it's tracks due to the high sensitivity to black programs.

Most of the other countries in the world simply don't have the data to be able to prove visitation.

we are at a catch-22 here.

ET litterally has to land in time square for disclosure to happen, even then it will be discredited as a hoax by TPTB.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The government has to disclose for it to be accepted by the general population. Otherwise people just keep laughing about it and not taking it seriously at all. As for the military industrial complex, they might be king of this world, but when you go beyond it, if there's several species around who want us to move on from what to them must be like watching the stone age, they're obviously not going to be for much longer. Doesn't mean they'll be obsolete, they'll just work in a different way.

And if the military industrial complex don't like the idea of that, I can't understand why. They'll have far more interesting stuff to work on if the existence of Aliens is disclosed. Maybe they can work on all types of ships related to the space program instead of bombing the crap out of their own planet and its people.

It's kind of like the 2nd phase of the dark ages. Religion did it to us first and held us back for a long time, now we have governments and the military doing the same thing. It has to pass eventually.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

ok, believing that alien life exists is rational, considering the size of the universe, but believing that their visiting earth? and that the government in hiding them from us? come on... ;p

We'll just have to wait and see. Like I said, I'm not one of these prediction people, (as in saying dates.) nor am I one of the know it all people, I just have something inside me telling me they're here. It could be delusion, feelings that are wrong, wrong beliefs, wrong thoughts, etc, but there's no way I can prove anything so I can't really do anything about it. I just have to hope my intuition is actually working with this one.

Well I can see what your saying, I wish aliens were visiting us too, I mean it would make life a lot more interesting ;p

But you need evidence first. Don't you see that by making claims, basically on faith alone, that you discredit yourself and basically the whole ufo community? ;p

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Well...the OBL distraction is proving to be *anything but* a distraction for Obama..so i guess they might as well try the ET disclosure thing, that might work.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

But you need evidence first. Don't you see that by making claims, basically on faith alone, that you discredit yourself and basically the whole ufo community? ;p

I'm just one person that made a couple of threads, if that's discrediting the whole UFO community then things are far worse with the community than me posting on here! I touched on this before, that some people might not need to seek physical evidence that can be good enough for people looking at things scientifically if they want to get closer to the truth. You can use your intuition. I've spend a decent amount of time researching methods and history of magic, the occult, meditation, etc for around a decade or more, so I just don't see things in the same way as some others do. Not to say my take is better, am not trying to be arrogant, it's just different than a lot of others.

But yeah, my mistake was making this thread really, next time I've had a few drinks I'll just leave it. I get now that people either want physical evidence or it means that the person trying to give their view is seen as a nut, eager believer, etc. Apologies to anyone that I wound up during the course of both of the threads I made. Next time I've drank a bit and feel like making a thread I'll make sure to remember this and the other one I made...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

I'm just one person that made a couple of threads, if that's discrediting the whole UFO community then things are far worse with the community than me posting on here!

I know your just one person, but it's not just you, everyday on here there's loads of threads making ridiculous claims with no evidence at all. Don't you think that after people have read these same threads over and over again that it starts to discredit the community? You yourself said that people keep laughing about it, but is it any surprise? ;p

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
2 words:

Planetary Alignment

It seems that every decade or so, humanity is warned by gloom-and-doom soothsayers that a planetary alignment will take place in the near future and cause havoc on the Earth. Of course, it is not astronomers that give these warnings, but instead, zealots (astrologers and psychics) who have very limited knowledge of the night sky or the solar system in general. Indeed, John Gribbin in the late 1970's wrote a book entitled The Jupiter Effect which predicted the end of the world would occur in 1983 due a once in a millennium planetary alignment. Of course, the world obviously did not end in 1983!

www.etsu.edu...

I just took a snippet of this information, it'd be a good idea to read through all of the information...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I know your just one person, but it's not just you, everyday on here there's loads of threads making ridiculous claims with no evidence at all. Don't you think that after people have read these same threads over and over again that it starts to discredit the community? You yourself said that people keep laughing about it, but is it any surprise? ;p

Agreed, but at least I wasn't making either of these threads when sober! Then we'd maybe have a real problem with me being around here, but I don't do this stuff when straight-headed, and will be making sure not to do it again hopefully. If I get in and am drunk in the future there'll be no thread making from me all being well.

This whole field just drives me mad sometimes. It's not just us that can't work it out, there's governments and militaries being a big bunch of douchebags that we have to deal with too, and sometimes it just gets my back up.

But yeah, I get what you mean and can accept where you're coming from.

Anyway, time to get a crate of cans in and think of my next thread.....
(yes, joking.)

Honestly : if a mod wants to take this thread and the 'we are not alone' thread I made around the same time, trash them both out of this forum, and roll back any stars and flags from both of them, no problems with me at all.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Oh please.. if that were the case then this entire section of the forums would not exist now would it.... because as far as I know there is no actual proof.

People wasting their time having meaningless arguments spamming useless garbage all over the place is what ruins the system of forum, regardless of where they are located.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Anyway, this account might be being dumped over the next couple of months. I'm trying to be a paranormal researcher in part and don't need to hide behind a username and be anonymous. Will probably have a pic of myself in my avatar and my real name as my username, that should make me think twice about making silly threads.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Originally posted by stargazer88
not to sound like a jack hole but i think we got bigger problems than disclosure at this point!

Not true!!!

Th single most important thing for Earth right now is disclosure. The real problem is all you you fail to see what is right infront of you. What you fail to see is that you must compel your governments to disclose, once you do that all of the non-interferrence crap goes away, Then maybe, you can begin to live as you were intended.

The single most important thing ? , what above the fact that governments around the world are corrupt liars in the pockets of big business , leading their respective counties into false wars to line the pockets of their masters .

And what if they gave you disclosure , how many threads would there be claiming dis-info , claiming its a pretext for a false flag invasion in preparation NWO takeover .

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Your post doesn't really contribute to anything... Thanks for telling me the same thing I've been reading from every other disclosure thread on here. Disclosure is coming, the end is coming, the in-laws are coming. Oh god.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdMind

Your post doesn't really contribute to anything... Thanks for telling me the same thing I've been reading from every other disclosure thread on here. Disclosure is coming, the end is coming, the in-laws are coming. Oh god.

I'm sure you'll be ok. Be strong, you'll surely survive the horrible stress this whole ordeal must have caused you.

Try reading this before breaking out into tears, it's only a few posts back : www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that doesn't work you can always try visiting the doctor or a therapist.

Get well soon.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

I've been following the UFO story since I was a child......and I'm now 36. Every since I can remember people have said 'Disclosure is coming soon' or words to that effect.......well I'll just say I'm not going to hold my breath.

People have been saying this since the early 50s, its a very human way to reconfirm belief. Communists use to say the world revolution was coming, it never did, fascist said in the 1930s that the entire world was turning to their philsophy, victory was soon to come, it didn't, the Christians are awaiting JC, he hasn't come for 80+ generations, the Muslims await the Mahdi, the Shia are looking for the 12th Iman, etc, etc, belief in disclosure or victory is strongest when tangible evidence is weakest and doubts abound.
edit on 9/5/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Very well put, friend!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I guess I should have read a few more pages, I skimmed through. Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound dickish I'm just over-tired. :s

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdMind

I guess I should have read a few more pages, I skimmed through. Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound dickish I'm just over-tired. :s

Ah ok, no probs, sorry for being sarcastic then! (my hours are the wrong way around, I'm getting tired too.)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I wish I could "just accept it." I was a much happier, fulfilled, content soul when I believed more than I do now. But that was many years ago, and I have grown a strong skeptical side since then. Common sense, contrary to popular belief, is not common at all I have found. It seems to differ greatly from person to person.

My own "common sense," for instance, suggests to me that while visitation and disclosure are possible - and nothing... NOTHING... would give me greater joy and fulfillment than for that to be what lies in our not too distant future - they are far from certain, proven, or inevitable.

For every piece of evidence presented, there is equal reason (for me at least) to have skepticism or doubt. For every reason presented as justification to believe, there is a detracting set of reasons to remain skeptical (open-minded, yes, but ultimately, skeptical.)

If one to five years from now we are living in an age where we can say with assurance that Earth has been visited and the governments of the world have revealed (willingly or not) what they know about such visitation, I will be the first to applaud and celebrate. I long for such a reality more than anything, and - trust me - as much as anyone else. But I, sadly, won't be surprised if nothing happens at all.
(Though, as always, I will be disappointed.)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join