It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about weird events with a cell phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Tonight me and my mom were watching TV when she got a call from a friend. She did not want to answer it so she didn't. He friend left her a voice message and that was it. She does not have web or texting on her phone either. Then about 5 minutes later while watching TV we heard this strange music, a female singing an odd tune like you would expect from some creepy horror film. My mom reached for her phone and seen that no one was calling and there was nothing on the screen other than the normal backdrop. The song then ended.

This would not be a problem at all had her cell phone have singing ringtones on it. All her ringtones are the typical beeping ones and other such music that does not have actual vocals. There are no ringtones or saved recordings which have this song.

Add to that fact earlier she called her father and he said that it is not unusual for him to see her number appear as Private or Unknown but today it appeared as Area Code 561 and the letters SEC on it. He did not answer the call but heard my mom's voice when she was leaving him a message on his home phone so he answered it then. There was a little bit of noise too when he answered.

A little while ago my sister called her phone and she told me that my sister left a voice message but all that she heard when playing the message was the my sister's voice mail service, "Hey you reached blah blah blah".

The other day she said that while she was at work her phone dialed 911 and it was locked, telling her that to end the call she would have to unlock it. She did not know how to as she never locked it before and never set it to lock. So her coworker quick took the battery out and told her to wait a few minutes before putting it back in.

After that event she called our cellular service provider and they ran a test saying that there were no other numbers or problems interfering with the phone that they could see.

So my question for my fellow ATS members, what could be the problem with her phone? I have suspicions that it could be a wiretap maybe? Or something just seriously wrong with the phone?

Please help.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Phones can dial 911 while locked, its a feature built in t help when people panick in an emergency and to make it faster to dial. I highly doubt its a wire tap, phones have all kindsa problems and this just seems like its dialling whilst in the pocket

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This happened to me sort of; before my phone died. I think it means her phone is malfunctioning. I took it to best buy and their geek squad looked it over. They said nothing was wrong with it. Before this happened I got a strange spam text message. It could be she somehow downloaded a virus onto her cell phone.
My phone started talking to me which was some sort of voice activated system. It would dial people randomly and people would call me. I would call them back and they said they did not call. I got rid of the phone because it would suddenly turn on for no reason. My mom even said she recieved a message from me randomly talking to a friend. I was talking on my home phone and my cell phone was on a table nearby. I would be far away from my cell phone and it would do this to. If it is not an expensive I would get rid of and get a new one. When I called the manufacter because it was under warrenty. They said because it was probably a virus they could not replace it.
I just bought a cheap phone now that is a non-smart phone.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As for the lock when she called 911, i've had that happen too. It's so emergency services can track the call in case of an emergency they may need help locating. As for the voice singing, I'd say either check the ringtones for messages or it's haunted.

new topics

top topics

join