It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member with a mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hey all. I've been reading these forums for a very, very long time and finally decided to join. Partially because I came across a mystery that seems great for ATS. I obviously cant post it outside the new members forum, if someone else wants to, feel free. The mystery in question is about a person who was in a professors office with what some people think might be an attepmt to set up serveillance. He ran away but left behind some very mysterious items in a backpack. Here is the link. Go get em boys.

www.hawaii.edu...

ilind.net...[/url]

By the way, I found this on another website that post recent news. From what I've seen on here I dont think I can name it but if I can they have some ideas that would be worthy of looking at.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Zadiel74 because: Additional info

edit on 7-5-2011 by Zadiel74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Zadiel74 because: Added link

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
well without closely examining everything i dont think anyone could tell for sure. but i think he MAY have been making a bomb with those two containers that have stuff in them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
doesn't look like a regular thieves pack

do you know what the sprays are

and with the bags he might of planned to leave some tools in a certain spot possibly toilet or something to get later

that electronic device seems kinda strange and i cant tell what the white things are in those plastic cases

looks like it was part one of some plan

weird not the usual m.o.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here is what someone said they believe to be in the pic.

1.Metal Hacksaw handle and various blades.
2.Paint can opener, also works as small pry tool.
3.Can of air cleaner missing nozzle. May have been used to blow air or cool if used upside-down.
4.Pick of some sort, probably sharp due to tape over ends. Possible a diddle-stick or spudger.
5.Basic slip-joint pliars.
6.Compound or double-fulcrum cutters, for cutting thick or hard objects. Basically small bolt-cutters. Picture quality is poor, this may be a crimper, however it looks like it has cutting blades and not a die.
7.Fire extinguisher with platic bottle attached to the bottom. This may be so that the device can be adjusted in height to be able to effectively wedge between two objects of unknown spacing creating a physically-activated booby-trap or distraction.
8.Seems to be black plastic bags wrapped up with tape, or possibly a black plastic drop-cloth to help contain a mess.
9.Long-shank straight-slot screwdriver. Useful for turning screws as well as prying and poking.
10.Crescent-brand slip-joint (or "Water Pump") pliers wrapped in electrical tape. Also, roll of black electrical tape.
11.Stanly brand 6-in-1 screwdriver.
12.Bag containing: Basic right-handed scissors, generic 11-in-1 screwdriver (possibly containing hollow torx [star point] security bits), various precision or jeweler's screwdrivers.
13.Looks like a Radio Shack brand motion detector receiver paired with #15 below.
14.Latex finger protectors, possibly to prevent fingerprints without requiring full gloves.
15.Wire-mold brand surface-mount electrical box containing various electronic components. Most likely contains motion detection components and is probably the guts from a Radio Shack wireless motion detector transmitter paired with #13 above which would be the receiver.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
wow motion detecter thats what i thought

hmm strange

what was the office it was found in and what was the guys area of expertise that it was found in

we need to find the connecting factor

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zadiel74

Welcome Zadiel!

It is a good mystery. A poster above me mentioned on checking whose office and such...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Besides the professors name is Leandro Romero and he is a lecturer in the Geography Department I cant find much info about him. Some other comments from other sources say that he has written about water, climate, and indigenous peoples and think it may have to do with climate change but that might be a stretch.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Zadiel74 because: content

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Toads

new topics

top topics

join