It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agel gels, a useful thing to have on you when SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
www.agel.com...

this morning, i went to this walk thing we have in my town, and I noticed that there was this women giving away samples of this agel gel stuff. I saw the ones they had, like energy, vitamins, antioxidants and some others, and i thought that these would be a useful thing to add to ones survival pack, in order to keep healthy. I'm not sure if they would have an expiration date or not, but they are small are are supposed to work.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Its poison, go organic.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
no no no

the way mother nature intended is "get it from the tree - share or make jam to avoid waste"

consumer trap (just look the packaging of this thing), ugly

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

kool beans!!

free samples!!!

looking for info.....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
no no no

the way mother nature intended is "get it from the tree - share or make jam to avoid waste"

consumer trap (just look the packaging of this thing), ugly

apart from the marketing, any other ideas.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

yeah : get seeds, plant trees, you'll get your juice & your fibers for ever

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
well, It is Halal/Kosher..
that's always a good thing! lol

i have seen this stuff (or stuff like it) before, but never tried it.
Interesting though... as long as it's not filled with chemicals and poison.

Worth looking into..

But Im guessing it would probably be rather expensive to stock up on it for survival...

hmm...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
well, It is Halal/Kosher..
that's always a good thing! lol

i have seen this stuff (or stuff like it) before, but never tried it.
Interesting though... as long as it's not filled with chemicals and poison.

Worth looking into..

But Im guessing it would probably be rather expensive to stock up on it for survival...

hmm...

i will try to look more into it, this may become part of my pack though, but maybe mine would be different from others, because my pack consists of different information gathering tools, and several notebooks as well as food weapons, other supplies, and diapers.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
that would be pretty upscale survival, which is not what you think of when you think of merely surviving.

I do want to know what it tastes like though... and what's in it. I like noni juice for example, but would never pay for it. that # is outrageous. I hope to have trees one day.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
better to spend your money on a Field Guide/Handbook
on Native Edible Plants.

People can sometimes be walking past and through a banquet

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
better to spend your money on a Field Guide/Handbook
on Native Edible Plants.

People can sometimes be walking past and through a banquet

i have several books already on plants for eating, as well as medicine, i also have books and various other things set up for making the medicine at my "lab".

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
LOL. Of course these gels are a wonderful addition to a survival pack. Especially for a day trip, hike, or bug out bag. They are small, nutritionally balanced, and they could really help you out of a jam.

People often confuse "surviving" with "survival." They are two different things in my opinion. While things are good, I am all for organic, and natural, and non-GMO for my diet, and my "survival" planning, but if I am ever caught just "surviving" then all of that is out the window quick! I'm pretty sure any of us would choose one of these gel packs over some rotten fish out of a dumpster wouldn't we? If we are just trying to survive, we are not being picky, we are looking for calories and nutrients. It doesn't do you any good to have seeds, if you don't have a month or two of other supplies while they grow?! They are great for rebuilding a civilization, but they are useless on day 7 of just surviving in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

As a matter of fact, they are useless on day 4 ...... of a 1 day hike. You get lost in the woods, there is no SHTF, just a simple flood, or fire, or land slide and it cuts you off from your planned hike. Now, you are forced to survive a few extra days, and trek 8 times as far as you had planned, in unfamiliar territory. You don't have a full library of books that you planned to have. All you have is a daypack, a couple of little field guides, basic knife and water bottle. Right about now, a handful of gel packs could really, really be a lifesaver!

I once caught a friend of mine putting "lite" foods in his emergency hoard? "Lite?" Lite? Really? He felt pretty stupid when I pointed out that he wouldn't be trying to stay skinny in a survival situation! Every calorie is highly valuable! In a survival situation you want all those fats, and oils, and sugars, and the things we get too much of in our modern western world. Those things are critical and vital in a survival situation! They aren't evil, we just get way too many of them in our fast, processed food lifestyle, but in a survival situation there is no such thing as "too much" of anything!

I wonder how many grub worms it takes to equal a 1 ounce gel pack that probably sells for $1?

If you prefer eating dozens of grub worms and creepy crawlies, then don't pack any gel packs, but I will always have at least 8 or 10 in my bag, and then I will still eat the grubs and save the gels, just in case a 1 day hike turns into a 4 day hike, which turns into a 1 month survival situation!

In my opinion, during the good times, we should be utilizing technology and extra cash to take advantage of things like these gel packs. When SHTF for a day, a week, a month, or a lifetime, things like gel packs will buy us time to adapt to a new world. They can provide a little boost while we get familiar with the severity of the new situation. They can provide enough energy to make those hard adaptations those first days or weeks.

Seeds, and field guides, and planted trees, and geographical knowledge, and a little experience and practice living in the field for a day, a night, a weekend, or an extended trip.....all of those things are vital, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the easy solutions available. Anyone that hikes out into the woods for an afternoon backpack trip, and doesn't take a handful of gel packs is really missing an important survival supply.

Also, gels are fun to make at home. For those that really hate corporations, gel packs are easy and fun to make on your own.

Homemade remedies

Very basic home gel

A little higher tech review and recipes

Another recipe that illustrates why a combination of sugars is important.
edit on 8-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
LOL. Of course these gels are a wonderful addition to a survival pack. Especially for a day trip, hike, or bug out bag. They are small, nutritionally balanced, and they could really help you out of a jam.

People often confuse "surviving" with "survival." They are two different things in my opinion. While things are good, I am all for organic, and natural, and non-GMO for my diet, and my "survival" planning, but if I am ever caught just "surviving" then all of that is out the window quick! I'm pretty sure any of us would choose one of these gel packs over some rotten fish out of a dumpster wouldn't we? If we are just trying to survive, we are not being picky, we are looking for calories and nutrients. It doesn't do you any good to have seeds, if you don't have a month or two of other supplies while they grow?! They are great for rebuilding a civilization, but they are useless on day 7 of just surviving in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

As a matter of fact, they are useless on day 4 ...... of a 1 day hike. You get lost in the woods, there is no SHTF, just a simple flood, or fire, or land slide and it cuts you off from your planned hike. Now, you are forced to survive a few extra days, and trek 8 times as far as you had planned, in unfamiliar territory. You don't have a full library of books that you planned to have. All you have is a daypack, a couple of little field guides, basic knife and water bottle. Right about now, a handful of gel packs could really, really be a lifesaver!

I once caught a friend of mine putting "lite" foods in his emergency hoard? "Lite?" Lite? Really? He felt pretty stupid when I pointed out that he wouldn't be trying to stay skinny in a survival situation! Every calorie is highly valuable! In a survival situation you want all those fats, and oils, and sugars, and the things we get too much of in our modern western world. Those things are critical and vital in a survival situation! They aren't evil, we just get way too many of them in our fast, processed food lifestyle, but in a survival situation there is no such thing as "too much" of anything!

I wonder how many grub worms it takes to equal a 1 ounce gel pack that probably sells for $1?

If you prefer eating dozens of grub worms and creepy crawlies, then don't pack any gel packs, but I will always have at least 8 or 10 in my bag, and then I will still eat the grubs and save the gels, just in case a 1 day hike turns into a 4 day hike, which turns into a 1 month survival situation!

In my opinion, during the good times, we should be utilizing technology and extra cash to take advantage of things like these gel packs. When SHTF for a day, a week, a month, or a lifetime, things like gel packs will buy us time to adapt to a new world. They can provide a little boost while we get familiar with the severity of the new situation. They can provide enough energy to make those hard adaptations those first days or weeks.

Seeds, and field guides, and planted trees, and geographical knowledge, and a little experience and practice living in the field for a day, a night, a weekend, or an extended trip.....all of those things are vital, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the easy solutions available. Anyone that hikes out into the woods for an afternoon backpack trip, and doesn't take a handful of gel packs is really missing an important survival supply.

Also, gels are fun to make at home. For those that really hate corporations, gel packs are easy and fun to make on your own.

Homemade remedies

Very basic home gel

A little higher tech review and recipes

Another recipe that illustrates why a combination of sugars is important.
edit on 8-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

interesting information, and sites. This may make it easier for people who want to say it would be hard to acuire the gels.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If your smart enough to hunt and gather in a suitable area when the shtf you will not need pills. But....too many of us live in urban or semi urban areas that will not support such activities naturally, so supplemental food and vitamins will come in handy. Just know....the majority of artificial vitamins are not absorbed by your body. Only a few percent is. It needs to be mixed with certain "triggers" to get the body to "see" and absorb them. Those triggers are there in our natural diet, but when mixing a bad diet and trying to suplimement it with pills your ignorantly fooling yourself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join