It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Reasons Why Barack Obama Wouldn't Vote For Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is a good artical. I know i say that alot but this one is really interesting and i havn't read anything quite like it yet. I found it sad and funny at the same time. Sad because most people have not been watching close enough and funny because its true. It talks about 7 big things Obama has done since becoming president that he slamed Bush for doing while running.

Deficit: Obama has promised to cut the deficit in HALF by the end of his first term. Um, I don’t want to point out the obvious, but he has tripled it. He has also ran up more debt than all the previous Presidents before him…combined!

It would be expected that ignorant Democrats (and those in media who compromise) would continue to say that the Obama that we all seen campaign in ’08, is the Obama that resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. For the vast majority of Democrats and Progressives, however, the shroud has been lifted and they are seeing they need someone else to advance their ideals. It is one thing to see it, it is another to do something about it.
Here is a link Enjoy.
joshtolley.wordpress.com...
edit on 7-5-2011 by badgerman24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Even the dems here can't deny that he has turned on almost every big platform he ran on.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
Even the dems here can't deny that he has turned on almost every big platform he ran on.

Really? Such as?

secondline

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

badgerman, are you in any way connected to the blogspot account you are directing us toward? Just curious, the writing is entertaining!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
he has done a better job than mccain would have ever done

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

No i am not. I just find the site interesting. I don't like the MSM so i look for independent news sites and writers. Why do you ask?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Read the artical. LOL Why would you make a comment like that if you did read it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ufolove16

I disagree. But thats what makes us the nation we are. People can like or dislike there leaders.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufolove16
he has done a better job than mccain would have ever done

That doesn't justify anything.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ufolove16

And how would you know that? The only thing for sure is that Obama has done a BAD job.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Deficit: Obama has promised to cut the deficit in HALF by the end of his first term. Um, I don’t want to point out the obvious, but he has tripled it. He has also ran up more debt than all the previous Presidents before him…combined!

This is just plain not true.

The deficit has increased, but it has hardly tripled. The deficit in 2009 under bush was $12.86 trillion. The deficit in 2010 under Obama was $14.078 trillion.

I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the most regularly repeated lie I see on these forums. Obviously, the claim that Obama would cut the deficit in half was a pipe dream. He still has a year and a half to do it, but it's realistically not going to happen.

EDIT: Bush still ran up considerably more debt than Obama has. Clinton had a $128 billion surplus and Bush ran it into a $12 trillion deficit. Granted, that was over 8 years so Obama has time to catch up, but the blog you sourced is rife with inaccuracies.

edit on 8-5-2011 by drwizardphd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

The amount we add every year has tripled. Maybe not total yet but soon.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The amount we add every year has tripled. Maybe not total yet but soon.

No, it hasn't.

2008 (Bush) - 9.98 trillion
2009 (Bush) - 12.86 trillion
2010 (Obama) - 14.07 trillion

Just do the math. Bush added more debt between 2008 and 2009 than Obama added between 2009 and 2010.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It is not mis information. If we keep on the path we are on our debt will go WELL past what bush did. We have now added another war obamacare will add to much to truely know at this point. Plus whatever stupid wastes of money he will come up with yet this year.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ok lets look at some of Obama's promises and how well he did.

“No family making less than $250,000 will see any form of tax increase.” (multiple times on the campaign trail)

Failed Broken multiple times, including the raised taxes on tobacco, a new tax on indoor tanning salons, but most prominently on February 11, 2010: “President Barack Obama said he is ‘agnostic’ about raising taxes on households making less than $250,000 as part of a broad effort to rein in the budget deficit.”

Obama declared that a recess appointment is “damaged goods” and has “less credibility” than a normal appointment.

Failed Made several while congress was out of town go figure.

“We need tougher border security, and a renewed focus on busting up gangs and traffickers crossing our border. . . . That begins at home, with comprehensive immigration reform. That means securing our border and passing tough employer enforcement laws.” Then-candidate Obama, discussing the need for border security,

Failed Obama halted new work on a “virtual fence” on the U.S.-Mexican border and in fact took money away from the project.

Executive order stating, “The detention facilities at Guantánamo for individuals covered by this order shall be closed as soon as practicable, and no later than one year from the date of this order.”

Failed Obviously still there

“We will launch a sweeping effort to root out waste, inefficiency, and unnecessary spending in our government, and every American will be able to see how and where we spend taxpayer dollars by going to a new website called recovery.gov.”

Failed The websites a joke has no search function and gives you no detail check it out.

“I want to go line by line through every item in the Federal budget and eliminate programs that don’t work, and make sure that those that do work work better and cheaper.”

Failed Obviously spending went up and fraud and waste is business as usual

“We can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member of Congress’s seniority, rather than the merit of the project.”

Failed Earmarks in every bill he signed

“Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

Failed Yep still waiting on this one hes even more secretive then Bush was.

“Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe the United States has to be frank with the Chinese about such failings and will press them to respect human rights.”

Failed in fact just stood there without saying a word as Tibet was crushed.

“Lobbyists won’t work in my White House!“

Failed Hired a defense contractor as deputy secretary gotta keep those arms sales going huh.

"Unemployment will not go above 8.5%"

Failed

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.
It is always preferable to have the informed consent of Congress prior to any military action."

Failed

At this point i realized i could be at this all day but i think you get the point by know dont you?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The Debt increased $4.9 trillion during President Bush's two terms.Obama $4.0 trillion in 2 years and this doesn't count the hidden costs in the healthcare plan yet. I hated Bush he all ways struck me as narrow minded to say the least but at this point i think id take him back because i dont think were going to make it through 4 years of Obama.Its a shame really he could have been the best president if he kept promises he made. And constantly not change his mind on everything i dont think Obama is a bad guy i think he was just not ready for the job.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Obama has done a backwards job if you ask me...I've come to realize that he'll say one thing...and I could probably expect the opposite and be right most of the time...he is definitely one of the most 2 faced presidents we've had for a while...can't trust a single thing to come from his mouth anymore because he'll simply turn around on what he's said if he gets pressured in any way to do so...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

The Debt increased $4.9 trillion during President Bush's two terms.Obama $4.0 trillion in 2 years and this doesn't count the hidden costs in the healthcare plan yet.

I don't know why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. It's very basic math...

Bush went from a $128 billion surplus to a $12.86 trillion deficit.

He increased the national debt by more than $12 trillion dollars during his two terms in office. I have no idea where you're getting the $4.9 number, but it's incorrect.

Obama increased the national debt from $12.86 trillion to $14.07 trillion as of the latest fiscal year. That is an increase of $1.21 trillion. I'm not sure where you're getting the $4.0 trillion number, but again you're incorrect.

I don't really know how to explain this any better, so I'll be curt: You can't simply make up facts and figures to support your argument. It shows either ignorance or dishonesty. Whether you support Obama or Bush or not doesn't really matter. You can't just lie to make your point.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Read the artical. LOL Why would you make a comment like that if you did read it?

Oh, I read the article. I asked because I always find it entertaining to see what people define as 'major platforms' ad what sort of semantic tricks the will play to try and find flaws in them.

I'm not a big fan of several aspects of Obama's Administration, but what some of you partisan manufacture with sleight of hand to criticize him is laughable.

Not that I expect anything less from rabid partisans.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by dragonridr

Bush went from a $128 billion surplus to a $12.86 trillion deficit.

He increased the national debt by more than $12 trillion dollars during his two terms in office. I have no idea where you're getting the $4.9 number, but it's incorrect.

Hate to say this, but you're wrong, bud. Our country has never had a surplus, we've had debt all along because of wars. Implying that we went from a surplus to $12trillion deficit in 8 years is just plain false.

Check out the U.S. Treasury Direct

Debt as of 9/30/2000: 5,674,178,209,886.86
Debt as of 9/30/2008: 10,024,724,896,912.49
Difference: 4,350,546,687,025.63 ($4.3 trillion)

Debt as of today: 14,361,472,254,654.00 (and climbing - U.S. Debt Clock)
Difference: 4,336,747,357,741.51 ($4.3 trillion)

In 8 years under Bush our debt increased the same amount as President Obama's current length in office. This is all current debt, not for-casted including total cost of government programs (eg: Social Security, Medicare).
edit on 5/8/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join