It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi USA gets Totally Ignored!!! Why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaintdead
Because the media doesn't want the people panicking.

If I told you I was going to come to your house tomorrow at 1pm and shoot you, would you panic?

Should you panic?

Or should you ignore it and keep the door unlocked anyway because nothing bad can ever happen to you?

I would assume the best course of action would be:
1) Acknowledge the threat.
2) Take corrective actions to protect yourself (Call the Police, Lock Doors, Arm Yourself, etc).

This works the same way with something like a nuclear pollution event next door.
Ignoring it will only lead to a very bad situation.
Acknowledging it and taking corrective precautions is clearly the only viable option.

When I say "Panic" I do not mean be an idiot about it. I mean to panic in a survival-mode approach. Think level headed and look for ways to alleviate the source of your panic/fear.

Panic and Fear are built in Survival Mechanisms that developed in humans for many reasons in order to keep us alive and aid us in avoiding untimely deaths.

Ignoring our in built survival mechanism will lead to our demise, clearly.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In answer to the question in the thread title, I'm guessing lobbyists for the nuclear industry have something to do with it.

Are we the public in an adversarial relationship with corporate America? They pretend to be nice to us, but are they really just after . . . something? Sometimes I just give my head a shake and take a long lonely walk.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
ANY Nuclear accident/event should be made public as soon as it happens as a matter of course. It should be internatioanl law, if it isn't already.
I don't live in the USA and probably won't be affected by this but just that this kind of thing happens p's me off!

I am posting a reply to this thread to hopefully bump it back to the first page again.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
ANY Nuclear accident/event should be made public as soon as it happens as a matter of course. It should be internatioanl law, if it isn't already.
I don't live in the USA and probably won't be affected by this but just that this kind of thing happens p's me off!

I am posting a reply to this thread to hopefully bump it back to the first page again.

You may not live anywhere near the affected areas, and most of us probably don't.

But fact of the matter is that this is all our planet. Our ONLY Planet!!

We all have the right to protect our sanctuary from harm. We have the right to stand up and demand the right things be done, and demand those doing the wrong things be held accountable.

No matter who you are or where you live on Earth. It's our home and we are all human.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Last Thursday released a large amount of radioactive tritium directly into the Mississippi River

and now .. the mississipi is flooding surounding area

cant get much worse then that .. Radiation in the flooding waters
edit on 5/9/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
would switching to natural gas instead of nuclear be a viable and cleaner source of energy, i know its a finite source of energy but combine it with solar energy and u have a pretty potent energy producing plant that doesnt have the risk of nuclear disaster..

the world is gone to # and i think the world itself need to revolt against everything that shouldnt be not little countries like egypt but the world in whole. who can stop every single person?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by zaintdead
Because the media doesn't want the people panicking.

If I told you I was going to come to your house tomorrow at 1pm and shoot you, would you panic?

Should you panic?

Or should you ignore it and keep the door unlocked anyway because nothing bad can ever happen to you?

I would assume the best course of action would be:
1) Acknowledge the threat.
2) Take corrective actions to protect yourself (Call the Police, Lock Doors, Arm Yourself, etc).

This works the same way with something like a nuclear pollution event next door.
Ignoring it will only lead to a very bad situation.
Acknowledging it and taking corrective precautions is clearly the only viable option.

When I say "Panic" I do not mean be an idiot about it. I mean to panic in a survival-mode approach. Think level headed and look for ways to alleviate the source of your panic/fear.

Panic and Fear are built in Survival Mechanisms that developed in humans for many reasons in order to keep us alive and aid us in avoiding untimely deaths.

Ignoring our in built survival mechanism will lead to our demise, clearly.

i would actually sit in my house and wait for u with a gun of my own, ready to defend myself and my family and would shoot u if u came anywhere close to my property. with a recorded msg of u telling me what ur plans are too of course

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They are not afraid you will panic, they are afraid you will wise up and take action. Humanity needs to learn this lesson really quick before the machinery in these plants gets too old to maintain safely. These plants need to be shut down, and no new ones ever to be built again, there are other forms of energy out there that don't cause this kind of destruction. This is worse than any greenhouse gas, in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hi all... I live in Mississippi and this is the first I have heard of the accident. I've skimmed the local news and cannot find anything. I'll continue digging to see what I can come up with.

**I am a long time lurker of ATS. This is my first post, so be nice, please.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow, I would have never known about this had I not stumbled upon this thread. It's a shame when we can't even hear about what's happening in our own backyard, instead we're force fed a mixture of faux news and all this unimportant trash on T.V to keep us blind. I wonder if they'll report this accident on the News, even if it's after it's been dealt with.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I agree! It is up to us, no matter where we live, whether nuclear power is being generated in our backyards or not, to stand up and collectively, as inhabitants of the planet, OUR HOME, say NO, NO MORE!

ps.I did F&S the original post! Hehe!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Looks like a trucks tires exploded or something....not a nuclear accident that affected the public.

Awesome use of creating fear

You guys seriously fell for this one

www.chicagotribune.com...

and

www.nrc.gov...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

And this thread should be ended for being a complete lie

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi:

WJTV Story

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Submitted to drudgereport. Hopefully it will be picked up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by THEDUDE86

And this thread should be ended for being a complete lie

What???

I have provided multiple sources including the US NRC.

Your links are to a tire exploding on a truck in Iowa.

You need to learn how to read honestly. You are the 2nd person who failed to even do basic research. Grats.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Muzz, what this member is suggesting that the blown tires in Iowa are linked to the release in Mississippi.

It's all connected dude.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth
Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi:

WJTV Story

Thank you for the link to that report.

I have not seen it yet, and it has a video made on May 3rd.

Thank you very much. Very nice addition.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability
Submitted to drudgereport. Hopefully it will be picked up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thank you I appreciate your efforts.

Hopefully they will pick up the story too.

We have tons of good sources now as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep my eye on Drudge.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Muzz, what this member is suggesting that the blown tires in Iowa are linked to the release in Mississippi.

It's all connected dude.

Doh, I should have known!

If only those tires hadn't have blown out, the Mississippi River wouldn't be in such bad shape.

Who is behind this Goodyear or Michelin?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join