It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little experiment, DEAR to joine ??? ( LIFECHANGEING )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
uh derrukado.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That was a "feel good" expression of understanding that there really is no loss after all, even though it would be sweet if it were so easy to gain such insights as we face the mortal part of ourselves. I did enjoy the video as I do enjoy the innocence of it all; s&f, thank you!

In all the years that I have lived, I have lived beyond the years of those who died before me; friends who were initially older than me who passed and then finding myself becoming older than that age when they left this world. It is a very hard thing to face wondering what they would be like as a much older version of themselves, and if they would be surprised that I am now so "old". Eventually I feel that I will out-live them all, everyone that becomes my friend; right now there are only so few of them left.

Here is something that I found to be true about death. Of the friends that I adored and loved, who have passed-on, I find that their energies and their spirits seem to reside in others that I meet later on in life. Often I find myself befriending someone who has the same qualities and nuances, and I recognize my lost ones through them.

This brings me a sense that I will never be alone and that I will always be surrounded by those that love me even if I find myself truly alone. I guess that is why I spend so much of my life alone and by myself, because really they are all with me, within me, and through others around me. To me , living is such a comfortable thing, comforting and comfortable, that being alone is like being surrounded by everything I love; even if I lose them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It was a very nice clip. Heartwarming indeed. I don't think it seems realistic to some, than again, "real" is just a perspective. I wouldn't say life changing, but I did smile a whole lot. For that, I thank you.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sorry, I think the poor acting and how "removed" the people were did it in for me, nothing special to me atleast.

Kind of read like a lifetime movie.

I will say one of these kinds of things has changed my life andthat is this one.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." Author Unknown

edit on 7-5-2011 by pop_science because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

That was a really good one too. It's sad how we search externally for internal happiness.. I think I'm going to remember the story for another time.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This video serves to remind me of how my parents crushed the innocence out of me at a very young age. Rediscovering imagination, even at 18 is not necessarily an easy task. The content of the video itself was weak at best. It held a few very important ideals, but failed to communicate them in a very meaningful way imho. Cheesy pseudo heartwarming videos like these kill my empathetic side and I feel no emotional response or attachment.

Hopefully this helps your experiment

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkestHour

Indeed and not only our external happiness but our own happiness in general sometimes it is the only thing we see and care for and have a blind eye towards what others are actually feeling, living, and suffering.

If everyone could learn to make others happy instead of themselves in the end we'd all be happy?
If that makes any sense?
I know it's completely unrealistic and utopian like, but I can dream haha.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
poor acting and script. not life changing at all. kind of a waste of time if you ask me.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

sorry op but pop science post/story did it more for me.
such a heart warming story an shows that the blind man knew what to say to make the other man's day/hour.
lovely and a keeper to be told another time.
thank you

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hi all

I see that some of you apologize for being unable to watch the video for various reasons .... There is no reason to apologize to me, you have given your contribution to the experiment, so why apologize?
You do not even know what the point of this experiment is so .... Why assume that an apology is necessary?

Again I want to thank everyone who has participated so far and hope more people will see it in the days to come .. And when the time comes, I will share the "result"of the experiment, the more that participate, the more clearly the "result" will be ...

Love and light
Sat Nam

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hello again ..

I forgot to say ... to those who find it difficult to read what I wrote because of the many typos, I am fully aware that it can be annoying to read what I write, precisely because of this, but I try as best I can.
I see that there were many errors in my post yesterday, I have dyslexia, and when I'm tired and weary, it's even harder to find my spelling errors, no matter how many times I read what I wrote. And I started this thread at 2 am ..

If anything is unclear or there is something I have written that you do not understand, just ask and I'll explain better

Thank you all

Love and light
Sat Nam

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yeah but death is real. And you have to accept that. Imagining things to get away from reality is a bad thing to do, in IMO. Yeah, but recalling memories is not bad. That way that person lives on within you. I am young and have never experienced death of anyone close(nor I want to), so I am just sharing my thought, not experience. And my thoughts can change after experience. I think people who have experienced it will be able to offer a better insight.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fact remains that you just lost your love one and you aint gonna see or talk to her again in this lifetime.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I suppose you have to believe that people go to heaven for this to change your life. But even for those that don't believe that, the concept for how we can remember people is still nice. It reminded me a little bit of "Finding Neverland" If you never watched the movie, even though its been out for several years now, this is from the end of it. (Just in case you plan on watching it and you hadn't I don't want to ruin it for you)

edit on 8-5-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So, what happened of the experiment? No replies?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Where did the OP go? And what happened of the experiment?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join