It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Karma? Why things are the way they are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some time’s people are at a loss to understand why things are not working out the way they had planned and they get frustrated with the way the world is unfolding around them.

What they don’t realize is that KARMA is in play. Karma is a physical, verbal or mental action performed with intention. Karma can best be explained as any moral or immoral determination, or all intentional actions, responses, or results.

To put it simply, if your actions and deeds are good, you have wholesome karma; unwholesome karma can be any action or deed that harms others.

If you have had too may deeds previously that are considered unwholesome karma, you may end up with a rebirth in the three lower realms. If you, however, have done great deed and actions previously (in this life or your previous lives) you can see benefits manifest themselves.

You may have asked yourself “how come I am doing good deeds, yet bad things keep happening to me?” Karma can ripen in this life (the fruit of the action in this life ripens in this life); karma can ripen in the next life, and it can even ripen in future lives—past the next life. This means that weather past, present or future, the effect of any action will not be lost. As you had always hoped, good begets good and bad begets bad. No on is exempt from the law of cause and effect. So, the sense of unfairness or inequality you see presently is a small snap shot in a long period of time.

As an analogy, you can plant a peach seed and a melon seed at the same time, but the melon seed will grow and produce fruit in the same year, however, it will take several years for the peach tree to grow and produce peaches. Karma is the same way…you may not see good or bad things happen due to actions immediately, but eventually things balance out. The strength of the condition can be strong or week and the law of cause and effect comes into play.

At the end of you life, weather or not you are reborn as a human is certainly determined by your own karma. And, what is happening to you now (good or bad) has been determined to a degree by karmic actions you have done now or previously.

Three things to remember:

a) Karma is self-created: It is not created by divine power (you and you alone have the power to make things better).
b) Karma Means Equal Opportunity: There is no favouritism
c) Karma gives us hope and a bright future (Venture out with Loving Kindness in your interactions and you will see benefits one way or another)
d) Karma Means that Good begets good and bad begets bad

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the well written perception on the Traditional Eastern Karma Concept.

Some things to keep in mind are...

The Belief in Karma comes with traditional eastern cultural philosophies, example: Being born in lower realms or animal kingdom for "bad karma". So we have to remove the Cultural Perceptions from the Mechanical System that is Karma in order to get a clearer perception of what it is.

Did I say a Mechanical System? Yep.. I did. And there is good reason to say it that way. Karma is not a system of Judgement.. only "good and bad".. it is only a natural cause and effect system in play where my Thoughts, Words and Actions create a flow-on that will reach a very natural conclusion. I am able to perceive this without having to revert to out-dated concepts of Value-Based Judgements of good or bad... because it is only we Humans who Believe it is "good or bad only".

Karma is something we Souls understand very well before we enter this limited perceptional reality called Life in the World as a Human Being. At soul levels of Awareness we KNOW that Duality does not exist of itself, we know too then that it is only one of the Concepts being worked on in this Limited Physical Reality where we will create Beliefs about it that are far from the reality.. as is normal for all things we humans do/think/Believe.

As souls we are fully aware of the Agreements we make with other souls to co-create Experiences in this physical "reality".. which is what Karma is trying to elude to when you perceive Karma clearly. As souls then we do not say something is good or evil as based on limited human perceptions, instead we see it as the Balancing of our Souls Agreements in the bigger picture.

There is no "higher-being or group of beings" that forces Karma upon You. In fact it is You the Soul that does all the Choosing, it is you who decided what lives you have next and what agreements you will need in order to Experience that life more fully.

Once in the flesh as a human we forget all that we knew in order to more effectively Experience what Here has to offer us, and Awakening is about Remembering what You are.. which requires us getting out of our Comfort Zones, out of our Cultural Indoctrinations in order to Dump ALL Beliefs so that we are free of their Limitations upon what we can Experience of the bigger picture reality. For surely, bigger picture reality does not conform to what we humans in our Limited Awareness Levels think it Should be or Believe it is.

end old guys ranty thing

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thanks for you comments and additions to this thread. Here is some additional information that may be of interest:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think Karma is the only thing that really makes sense and explains why some people have such horrible lives while others seem to sail through life practically unscathed by comparison. I don't think negative things happen to punish us but more to teach us what we need to learn to rise above. However, if we learn the lesson or not, well that's another thing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good stuff...

Heres my thread on Karma

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
I think Karma is the only thing that really makes sense and explains why some people have such horrible lives while others seem to sail through life practically unscathed by comparison. I don't think negative things happen to punish us but more to teach us what we need to learn to rise above. However, if we learn the lesson or not, well that's another thing.

i would disagree

there's plenty of people who have cancer or disease, who live in poverty, children that are born deformed, that ARE good people.

if you say they deserve it, than you are an a$$. there's no easy way of saying it.

edit:

also
there's plenty of people, including myself, that have done bad and gotten away with it. what exactly gives the punishment to those that do bad?

edit on 8-5-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

another edit:

how can you know what happens to you when you die?

how do you know reincarnation is real?

if there were less people before, do new souls get created?

so many holes, or im so ignorant
edit on 8-5-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Actually i hate to say they deserve it either but its very possible unfortunatly... Take a look...

Pistis Sophia

A "man who curses" is given a body that will be continually "troubled in heart". A "man who slanders" receives a body that will be "oppressed". A thief receives a "lame, crooked and blind body". A "proud" and "scornful" man receives "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." Thus earth, as well as hell, becomes the place of punishment.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Theres lots of evidence for reincarnation... And theres not a thing on earth or in "heaven" that is new.

You're only considering the life on this planet. Which ends up going off topic...but IF theres life on this planet, there is also life on other planets as well.

You're not ignorant my friend, you just haven't found your answers yet...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by vjr1113

Theres lots of evidence for reincarnation... And theres not a thing on earth or in "heaven" that is new.

You're only considering the life on this planet. Which ends up going off topic...but IF theres life on this planet, there is also life on other planets as well.

You're not ignorant my friend, you just haven't found your answers yet...

If you study all the major religions, it becomes apparent that most religions want you to believe in someone, and put your faith in someone else. They come up with a bunch of rules and regulations, and then put someone in charge that tell you what is right and wrong (and you have seen the results of that).

Buddhism does not do that. Even if you are an atheist, it is a good moral compass and a good road map of right and wrong. You will not be asked to believe blindly in anyone or anything, but rather, to seek your truth through yourself.

Buddhism is a lot older than Christianity and Judaism. It taps into your inner soul and reaches for the truth.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

I would agree with that... though im not a buddist either...

Religion has some good aspects. It really depends on the person.

I'll have none of any of it personally, but to each his own.

top topics

join