It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Sell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is not a comspiracy subject. If anyone thinks that looks dont make a difference I beg to differ. I just caught the 6 o'clock CBS Philadelphia News and man did they pick the right weather girl(Maria LaRosa). I have never watched the weather with such a keen interest before. I learned a great deal on weather patterns and the fact that it is still going to be muggy outside. When someone is attracted to someone they fall for the looks before the personality. This is to deny the claims that personality had anything to do with being attracted to a person, that is just BS. When was the last time you looked at someone and thought, "Oh i like his/her personality." That comes later.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Gotcha!

Of course looks sell, that's why they use looks to suck ya in and it worked. Oh, and it IS a conspiracy.

Now that you know the truth though you may be able to put up a better defense next time someone plays this trick on you.

I really doubt anyone will dispute you on this

P.S. It really does sound like it had an educational benefit though so don't feel so bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I dont know hehe, I will definetly be watching the 6o clock weekend news more often, hehe.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In a society where people get their teeth bleeched, their boobs and penis' augmented, liposuction, hair plugs and grafts, face, eye and tummy lifts, nose jobs and stomach stapling, safe to say we are in a conspiracy with ourselves.

Look at any "health" bar, there's usually more chemicals in that stuff than a cookie.

We are programmed to be obsessed with beauty, though I don't actually think that's it.

We pride ourselves on being a health concious society but what we really are is a society obsessed with looking good not feeling good, thin does not equal healthy.

Atkins of course has its merits but people use it as an excuse to eat loads of bacon. There is no way in hell a half pound of bacon is better for you than a bowl of cereal.

We are a sick society, a damaged culture, but it should pass eventually we'll balance out. At the very least the two million atkins heart attacks that are bound to happen will thin the herd.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Atkins of course has its merits but people use it as an excuse to eat loads of bacon. There is no way in hell a half pound of bacon is better for you than a bowl of cereal.

We are a sick society, a damaged culture, but it should pass eventually we'll balance out. At the very least the two million atkins heart attacks that are bound to happen will thin the herd.

Spiderj

I agree with that completely. Eating a lot of fatty meats rather than eating things like whole grain robs your body of a lot of key nutrients. People spend too much time looking for an easy way to look good, even at the price of sacrificing their health. I gotta tell you, a little exercise and a proper diet will do wonders for damn neared everyone in the country.

On the topic of the post--Looks DO sell. Do you ever see an unattractive spokeperson selling softdrinks, cars, income tax returns, contraceptives, or dietary aids?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
looks makes a difference with everything because image is very important in this society-jobs, school, and meeting people.

when people say "they dont care what other people think" they are being extremely ignorant or lying. Because all of our actions is based on what other people would think.

To think of it, i do a lot of stupid s*&T to keep my image clean.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by 1halucinogen1]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1halucinogen1
looks makes a difference with everything because image is very important in this society-jobs, school, and meeting people.

when people say "they dont care what other people think" they are being extremely ignorant or lying. Because all of our actions is based on what other people would think.

To think of it, i do a lot of stupid s*&T to keep my image clean.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by 1halucinogen1]

Absolutely, when a person gives that "I dont care line" you know they are not honest. I doubt anyone goes to a bar and starts off with the personality crap. Would you be more nice to an attractive individual or lets say less than average? Of course you would be more nice to the latter. It affects our decision and opinions.

top topics

join