It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Seismic Zone FEMA Exercise for May 2011 -- Reason for the Osama Drama?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There is no hidden agenda here friends. In our defense, please? FEMA/Department of Homeland Security Citizen Volunteers

Maybe this will give you a better idea of the things we do, Ive done this year, and am scheduled to do. We do deserve some credit and could use more volunteers as well. Don’t judge by what you THINK you know about FEMA and us responders. Thanks

2010-2011

Michigan Mayors Conference –Emergency Medical/Ambassadors
Auto Theft Prevention- Vin # Window Etching Program –Traffic and Medical
City Festival-Transportation and Medical for Seniors and Guests- Transport and Medical Emergencies
Animal Disaster Training

American Medical Association
Advanced Disaster Life Support Training

Santa Claus at the Firehouse (for Kids)-Medical Support and Hospitality

"Burn the Quran" event with Pastor Jones-Crowd, Traffic and Medical Support

2011 Memorial Day Parade Ambassadors and Medical Emergency Support
2011 Vietnam Veterans Moving Wall Display-Medical Emergency Support

So why would some of you be so down on us the FEMA/DHS Emergency Response Team members? I don’t think you have a CLUE to what we do, know and how we would respond in Emergencies. We train for EVERYTHING! HAZMAT, Bio-Terrorism..and yeah…earthquakes etc too. No conspiracies…just TRAINING…and RESPONSE.

Thanks for listening. So, what have YOU trained for today?

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I would just like to see this on the news and made more public than what it is. Right now you have to LOOK for the information that will save your life in such an event. If FEMA is trying to save everyone and its a NATIONAL LEVEL excercise HOW COME everyone IN THE ENTIRE NATION DONT KNOW? how come only the government really knows about it and the worker class....ummmm how many people knew about this I sure as hell didn't?

Everything is covering some fake death of OBL when there is real issues at hand!!!!!!

This post wasnt meant for paranoia or to scare anyone. Im just doing something FEMA should be doing, the gov should be doing.....im trying to inform people because it is somethintg EVERYONE NEEDS to know. It is a NATIONAL thing after all.

United As One
Together we shall stand Forever
edit on 8-5-2011 by Razz123 because: forgot a word

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
"There is no hidden agenda here friends. In our defense, please? FEMA/Department of Homeland Security Citizen Volunteers"

How can you say that based only on what You have participated in?
That is a dangerous blanket statement to sleep under.
ps...The dog Does working for the man

"So why would some of you be so down on us the FEMA/DHS Emergency Response Team members? I don’t think you have a CLUE to what we do, know and how we would respond in Emergencies. We train for EVERYTHING! HAZMAT, Bio-Terrorism..and yeah…earthquakes etc too. No conspiracies…just TRAINING…and RESPONSE. "

Oh come now.....you low level 'responders' are kept in the dark as much as the rest of us.
Its like the people who join the Freemasons....too hang out with their buddy's....not a clue in the world what Really goes on Waaaay up top.

"Thanks for listening. So, what have YOU trained for today?"

This morning, I trained on mitigating HEAT damage, after a night of consuming hot n spicy burritos.

edit on 8-5-2011 by 1000TonBlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That movie is a good watch

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123
I would just like to see this on the news and made more public than what it is. Right now you have to LOOK for the information that will save your life in such an event. If FEMA is trying to save everyone and its a NATIONAL LEVEL excercise HOW COME everyone IN THE ENTIRE NATION DONT KNOW? how come only the government really knows about it and the worker class....ummmm how many people knew about this I sure as hell didn't?

Everything is covering some fake death of OBL when there is real issues at hand!!!!!!

This post wasnt meant for paranoia or to scare anyone. Im just doing something FEMA should be doing, the gov should be doing.....im trying to inform people because it is somethintg EVERYONE NEEDS to know. It is a NATIONAL thing after all.

United As One
Together we shall stand Forever
edit on 8-5-2011 by Razz123 because: forgot a word

If you go to DHS.gov, you can find all the information you might need about being prepared. It seems that when the government tries to prepare for every and all disasters, folks get a little paranoid thinking FEMA is getting ready to round everyone up into a camp.

BTW, these exercises would make for a very boring news story. A lot of times, it's just a bunch of folks sitting in a room wearing different vests and talking about the logistical needs of responders. At least, that's always been my view on it. There are other exercises in which they have college kids volunteer to be victims, allowing the responders to work on their triage skills. Again, these events aren't really that exciting nor are they advertised.

Honestly, DHS doesn't get a memo from HAARP stating, "You need to prepare for a (insert event here) in (insert area here) on (insert date here)" Mostly they look at the history of an area or potential problems and plan exercises accordingly. New Madrid Fault? Probably hold an earthquake drill since the potential is there and more people are now living there since the last earthquake.

Everyone should be prepared for emergencies and DHS.gov is available to help in your planning process.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

There is a hazard scale based on the probability of the event happening and the suggested property loss of the disaster. Mitigation plays somewhat of a factor too, but it is mostly about money. Memphis alone was projected to have an estimated 50 billion dollar price tag if a 7.7 earthquake hit the New Madrid Fault. The amount of people living in the area does not really make a difference on the exercise event. Its all about money.

I helped submit hazards for the NLE 2011 and I have witnessed first hand the process of picking the location for the training exercises.

I am a planner and I work in Emergency Management (not operations) for the Government, not saying where though....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Last time I checked. Which was Friday at work. There will be over 100,000 private citizens and businesses participating in the exercise in my state alone.....

Most of them will not be doing the drill for 24/7 like I will have to, but they will be participating for 1 or 2 days during normal operating hours.

I am sick of people on here making things up. just ask me considering I have been planning this event for my region for a good 6 months.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I actually got news last week that the President Obama will be part of the exercise for 1 day

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by AuranVector

I certainly did not know that. How disturbing. I assure you though, I am a faithful, spiritual and God loving person who tries to walk in the light always. God Bless!

PS Since Im locked into my ATS ID forever...perhaps I can prefix it or suffix it somehow! To make things even worse....my real name also means Morning Star..another name for Lucifer...Holy Blessed Lord! Even though Im a guy...maybe I could just change my name to Margaret!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: cause I can

The names Margaret and Morning Star rang a bell in my head.

Where had I heard that before? I had to google it.

"Majorie Morningstar" was a 1958 movie staring Gene Kelly & Natalie Wood.

It's funny how the subconscious works. I'm pretty sure I've never seen the movie. But I heard the title somewhere.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Last time I checked. Which was Friday at work. There will be over 100,000 private citizens and businesses participating in the exercise in my state alone.....

Most of them will not be doing the drill for 24/7 like I will have to, but they will be participating for 1 or 2 days during normal operating hours.

I am sick of people on here making things up. just ask me considering I have been planning this event for my region for a good 6 months.

I'm glad people are actually thinking ahead, planning and practicing for possible disasters. I don't think most Americans are suspicious of most of the individual people working within FEMA.

This is about distrust of the leaders and the "men behind the curtain" -- the real power players who pull the strings.

It's not all made-up. Sometimes people add 2 + 2 together and come up with 5. Not all conspiracy theories are bogus.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by Sek82

I actually got news last week that the President Obama will be part of the exercise for 1 day

Well, if evildoers are planning something nefarious during this event, we can be pretty sure it's not going to happen on Day 1.

I don't think TPTB would waste that card at this time.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123

No, clearly you are trolling for attention. You are taking a well-known, very non-secret, benign training exercise and trying to make it out to be some sort of super-secret, nefarious plot.

It's okay, it's a common occurrence on ATS. Every time FEMA does one of their normal, regularly scheduled exercises to ensure the agency is ready for ACTUAL disaster, some n00b comes along and interprets it in the same fashion you have.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks for letting me explain. Yes we have many certified training experiences ie: Fire suppression, Haz Mat, CPR, AED, Life Support, Disaster Response, Bio-terrorism preparations and response, etc, etc etc.

and yes, we do get a zillion updated food supplies every so often...because they have EXPIRED. And not because we know somethings up.

We trained as well 6 months ago for Amtrak Train disasters. And now they its been mentioned the Osama had plans for train derailments...do you think we KNEW something back when we trained? Of course we didnt.

And so it continues. Different scenarios, different training, different community responses.

PS I did respond to a house propane explosion and stood in my tennis shoes directling traffic in sub-zero winter weather for 3 hours. Why? Because it was needed at the time for Police and Fire Fighter access to the scene. FEMA trains us, Homeland Security does as well...and many others. Someone has to do these things...or all is lost, you know?

Thanks again for listening.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thanks for explaining what the FEMA workers & volunteers actually do. I admire the selfless contributions of rescue & disaster response workers. A Godsend to those in trouble.

I (thank God & knock on wood) have never had to deal with a major disaster first-hand.

But considering the power that certain government agencies have in time of crisis, I also understand the fear that that power might be abused by our leaders.

We need to stay vigilant.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just adding another good link about disaster on May 11th on ATS now....

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=701138

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I do want everyone to understand us workers are far different from the "suits" who make all the decisions in D.C. Have they got agendas? Probably. Do they know stuff us responders dont know about going on? No doubt. But we...the responders...train for any and everything for whenever and however we're needed.

For sure TPTB have run FEMA down and mis-managed things...but its us in the end who respond...for you and everyone else.

We understand that in a real emergency of catastrophic events? My family knows...there is a real good chance that I may never see them again...because I'll be out in the field. Responding. Its what we do...for you....

Peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by katndew
Just adding another good link about disaster on May 11th on ATS now....

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=701138

It's interesting that there are so many earthquake predictions for May 2011 coming from different sources.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

It amazes me how many earthquake predictions there are on this board at any one time that never seem to materialize! Search Earthquake Prediction and see how many pages come up. Truly, since this website first came in to being, many earthquakes have been predicted by many different sources.

It seems that each day we are in danger of becoming extinct due to HAARP, NIBIRU, massive catastrophic earthquakes, aliens, reptilians, illuminati, TPTB, and/or FEMA. Strange we are still alive and not living in camps or being eaten by reptilians.

Just because it's posted on a website, doesn't mean it will happen. It only means there are many who wish it to happen. One day an earthquake will strike the west coast or the New Madrid Fault or even somewhere else there's a fault and I'm sure someone, somewhere will have finally gotten it right. It's just a matter of time that one prediction on one day will come true and won't they be surprised!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I do want everyone to understand us workers are far different from the "suits" who make all the decisions in D.C. Have they got agendas? Probably. Do they know stuff us responders dont know about going on? No doubt. But we...the responders...train for any and everything for whenever and however we're needed.

For sure TPTB have run FEMA down and mis-managed things...but its us in the end who respond...for you and everyone else.

We understand that in a real emergency of catastrophic events? My family knows...there is a real good chance that I may never see them again...because I'll be out in the field. Responding. Its what we do...for you....

Peace

As a side-note, isn't it an interesting product of very targeted public relations that has made people distrustful of government entities like FEMA? The corporate interests in America just LOVE to mismanage and under-fund government entities that are meant to help people, especially anything resembling the 'common good'. The fact that people can think a FEMA exercise, undergone by regular citizens like themselves (only, you know, active and productive) is some sort of evil entity.

It's a testament to how successful their disinfo campaign is. We criticize schools because they mismanage and under fund them. We criticize the police because they turn them into storm troopers. We criticize FEMA because they intentionally fumbled the ball on Katrina. And so we think FEMA are coming to get us when really it exists to help us.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We do understand the bad rap...and it is deserved for sure for TPTB for failing in Katrina. But, its us the responders that want to do this, and train, and certify and practice scenarios. And its because even in these disasters and possibly injuries to ourselves...we want to do this. We feel the need to represent, help, assure, and direct those others in times of need.

Let me add something here about death itself. I am certified to declare you expired by tagging you. We have 4 kinds of determination. Yellow, Red, Green and Black. One for "walking wounded", another for "immediate attention", another for those who can wait, and finally the last we call "expectant" meaning you may be alive right now, but we dont expect you to survive...so we move on.

So here at ATS we dont discuss as much as Ive explained here, but its something someone has to do so the other agencies of medical, police and fire can do their thing. Given this, we feel bad to get crap from folks who just dont understand the scope of what we do.

Still...we get it that they may feel the way they do. Its just that a lot of that flack is undeserving....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: change

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join