It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow 85 pages and mostly just bickering, this thread could be condensed down to 1 page of relevant information.....

anyways....

Twitter timestamps posts on their end, I have no clue if they take the time zone from you or their server as i don't use it. The fact remains there is no way to forge timestamps on tweets, and you can not go back and edit tweets, you must retweet them.

That being said, twitter can and has been hacked, several times, allowing for tweets to be sent from hacked accounts and such. so don't think it's some big secure service, it's not, and doesn't need to be as they aren't offering any real service for a fee.

the OP obviously tweeted this on the 28th and I really can't see any reason to keep THAT debate going, it's over, the tweet is legit.

What remains to be seen is the actual Fox ticker. This is the only thing that will prove it to some of these people. you'd think that with 85 pages, and this many people looking, we'd have found it by now.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it should be noted that there are services like this one:

tweetlater
(mods if this link is a no no just remove the link and leave the service name please, it's relevant.)

This service allows you to essentially postdate tweets. You write your tweets for the next month today, and it tweets them when you want, and timestamps them. Obviously without a time machine, this isn't going to help you backdate a tweet.

Can we put the "is this valid" debate to rest and just get on with SHARING this information. The official story has changed so much that, much like 911, if we fail to document it ALL now, it will be scrubbed and only the latest iteration of the story will be available for mass consumption.

They said it was DNA. We said DNA takes days. They said it was facial recognition software. We said you shot him in the effing FACE. They said it was DNA again, but special magic super fast DNA that doesn't even need a DNA analysis lab. This tweet says they waited a week for DNA results.

So which was it?
==
@OP

thank you for sharing this information, bare with us and don't feed all of the trolls

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Can we put the "is this valid" debate to rest and just get on with SHARING this information. The official story has changed so much that, much like 911, if we fail to document it ALL now, it will be scrubbed and only the latest iteration of the story will be available for mass consumption.

They said it was DNA. We said DNA takes days. They said it was facial recognition software. We said you shot him in the effing FACE. They said it was DNA again, but special magic super fast DNA that doesn't even need a DNA analysis lab. This tweet says they waited a week for DNA results.

As per this thread, sharing what information exactly? That there's an uncorroborated tweet out there?

The OS has changed?

Please show me a list sourced to the OS and spokespeople. And on this list, please show me where it has "changed" as opposed to any of the following happening.

1. New information became available.
2. Corrections and/or clarifications to media and peoples' misinterpretations were issued.

The fact that there is rumor, conjecture, and speculation out there does not mean the OS has changed.

The fact that you see an article dated after the OA that says he "died last week" neither means that he did nor exposes a hole in the OS until you can prove 1.) who said it first and 2.) that it was not corrected by the OS.

Let's not look dense and be running around like loons making sweeping generalizations without a firm grasp on this and a firm way to defend these statements.

And again, as per this thread? Not confirmed that this ticker crawl ran and so not corroborated.

And off topic, but DNA does not "take days." And what tweet said they waited a week? Geez.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984
Anyway, this thread appears to be dead, at least as far as confirming the ticker account. I think it would be better to direct our energy toward figuring out why multiple, unrelated news agencies reported Osama was killed a week before it was announced, and by a drone strike, not a covert Navy Seal op. And then, why they quickly changed their story when the President "corrected" all the "false" information (which was subsequently tweaked to death).

Yes, Indeed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Fury1984
Anyway, this thread appears to be dead, at least as far as confirming the ticker account. I think it would be better to direct our energy toward figuring out why multiple, unrelated news agencies reported Osama was killed a week before it was announced, and by a drone strike, not a covert Navy Seal op. And then, why they quickly changed their story when the President "corrected" all the "false" information (which was subsequently tweaked to death).

Yes, Indeed.

I think it couldn't hurt to do this as well. Very good Idea Fury. I can try to organize a bit of the info I have gotten, however I'm refusing to give up on the original matter at hand. However silly that may be I leave it up to everyone else to personally decide. I got the time and patience, so off I go

Trowa

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Several News Articles, Tweets and Posts

that mention Osma Bin Laden Died Earlier

Well I've just gone back and collected some of the things I've posted in this thread from the start, up until now.

I guess if everyone does the same, and all the contributions can then be put into one, long, organised post.... we can see all the pieces of the puzzle together instead of having to go over 86 pages, back and forth trying to find stuff.

Anyway, the ball is rolling... lets see what happens.

An excerpt of Obama's announcement that Osama Bin Laden had been killed That Day

Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

The full transcript of Obama's speech, found below the video

tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Another mention of Bin Laden being killed by a missile strike a week before.

www.conservativesforamerica.com...

A nice summary of events and a pretty spot on opinion from a poster on another website

www.politicalforum.com...

Another mention of him being killed a week prior to the ""Official date"

www.google.com...

And another

www.daybreakingnews.com...

Another in the NY post

www.nypost.com...

Excerpt from above article

Obama said bin Laden was killed in a firefight at the compound last week, with DNA tests conducted to confirm his identity.

Official Fox Tweet about him dying a week earlier

CLICK HERE

This has many Tweeter posts from official news agencies and some mention that he was killed a week prior and his body was held until a DNA test was completed.

tweetbe.at...

edit on 11/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Its sad to see that real news never gets out into the public domain. Porbably primarily due to the fact the goivernment controls most media however I found one report saying Iran has stated Osama died earlier

rt.com...

Iranian Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi claims that Osama Bin Laden died from an illness before the US raid on his compound in Abbottabad. Iran has documents to prove it, he said.
"We have credible information that Bin Laden died some time ago of a disease," Moslehi said on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, as quoted by ISNA news agency.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I see you're still mixing things up lucidity! Why dont you go and do some of your own research if you need all that info to be convinced? No one is here to fullfill your needs.

If you cannot see that this story is full of holes then really you need to take off the blinkers.

Far too much conlicting information, and the former assassinated prime minister of pakistan said he was dead 4 years ago. Geez dude, can you not smell the fish?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW IS THIS THREAD GOING OFF TOPIC!!!!!

A woman said she and her grandma saw a ticker crawl on FNC April 27 in the evening and tweeted it the next day.
I don't care what TIME the timestamp said... We should ONLY care that it said the date of April 28... 3 days prior to the U.S. government saying Navy SEALS killed OBL.

The questions are:

1. Did the FNC ticker EVER say OBL was killed the evening of April 27th.

2. Did Meg tweet this when she said on April 28th and nothing funny went on with the timestamp.

And that's it pure and simple....
edit on 11-5-2011 by kennvideo because: spelling

edit on 11-5-2011 by kennvideo because: spelling

edit on 11-5-2011 by kennvideo because: .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well here is my 2 cents worth- RT reporting on May 2, that Osama had been killed a week earlier.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mommabean70

This was mentioned many time already... I was one that mentioned it...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is a story about this topic here:

______beforeitsnews/story/624/650/Osamas_Death_Tweeted_4_Days_Before_the_Official_Announcement.html

There appears to be a conspiracy brewing regarding the exact time of Osama's death. Someone recalled seeing a News ticker on a Foxnews program running on the evening of May 27. This could have been chalked up to confusion or a faulty memory except for the fact that they posted a comment about on twitter. Their comment was posted on the morning of May 28.

The date of the Twitter comment has been confirmed and is still able to be viewed. Did Foxnews have prior information about the hit on Osama? Did they jump the gun and let the news slip ahead of time? Was Obama lying about the true date of Osama's death?

The investigation continues to find a video of the actual ticker than ran on Foxnews May 27 between 6:30 PM & 8:00 PM PST.

The Mystery deepens. Can we trust anything from the Obama administration?

______beforeitsnews/story/624/650/O samas_Death_Tweeted_4_Days_Before_the_Official_Announcement.html

It links to page 1 of this thread. I feel sorry for the person who tries to start there!

edit on 5/11/2011 by Sparky63 because: fixed the date & time

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There can be no doubt about it. Rightly or wrongly, both Fox and RT had wind of something at the very least. They both had scrolling banners on May1/2 saying that he was killed "a week ago" Fox also had the same banner previous to May. The big eyeopener is that Fox still ran with their "week ago" story again and 'prematurely' before any presidential timeline was mentioned. We have to bear in mind also that his 'death' was known even before the presidential speech, although some channels carried it at first as if speculating.
edit on 11-5-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah, you seem to be the only person left who is seriously arguing that the story hasn't changed. How come even the mainstream media knows that and you don't? Even some of what Obama said in his speech turned out not to be true!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I for one will believe that OBL was killed in the early morning of May 2 in his hideout as our government claims until a REPUTABLE source reports differently AND does it with incontrovertible proof.
Too many people must keep their mouths shut.
Again, the only way to keep a secret between three people is to kill two of them.
I also believe Meg and grandma saw SOMETHING,what that something is I don't know, on FNC's ticker and Meg tweeted it sometime on April 28th until I see for myself the tick of the news item or Meg admits she did not see it or tweet it on that date.

For the record I do not believe Oswald acted alone and I don't believe 911 was an inside job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, to support the two operations to into concept - how do you leave behind only part of a helicopter?

Does't anyone in Pakistan know how much they could get selling the material for a stealth helicopter?

Interesting, that no one seems interested in buying and it didn't disappear into the black market in a matter of hours.

Almost like some other governments know that that helicopter isn't what it is claimed to be.
edit on 2011/5/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Yeah, you seem to be the only person left who is seriously arguing that the story hasn't changed. How come even the mainstream media knows that and you don't? Even some of what Obama said in his speech turned out not to be true!

Where am I arguing that the story hasn't "changed?" What do you define as "changed?" From what moment are you counting these "changes?"

When they clarify a statement, that's a change.

When they correct an earlier statement that they or someone else made, that's a change.

When new information becomes available that's a change, particularly if speculation or conjecture was made in the media. Or if "official sources who would not go on record" even got something wrong.

Yes there are conflicting reports. An a billion snapshots in time of what the official story was that were never updated too. Some people in this world are still running around saying he used a woman as a shield. Where'd that story originally come from? Was that the OS

But the dust hasn't settled enough and I personally have not had the time yet to track back what was officially said, when and how, and what has been truly contradictory.

If you have such a list, please share and illuminate.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Awesome point!!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo
WOW IS THIS THREAD GOING OFF TOPIC!!!!!

No joke. And the ones going off topic have the freaking gall to get annoyed at those trying to stay on. Nice.

I asked and even offered about 1000 pages ago if there was a separate topic or someone wanted to make on to discuss the possible date discrepancies in the OS. hell I even offered to but people preferred to hijack this one instead. Oh well.

edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Though I've only been here less than a week, I have trust in the Moderators.

And YOU Luc bring up great points as well....
edit on 11-5-2011 by kennvideo because: typo

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join