It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I think that was in reference to the "Obama Bin Laden Dead" headline on a local Fox affiliate.

Source

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I personally find the attacks against the OP to be sickening. It destroyed this otherwise interesting thread. It could very well be that Osama's death was actually earlier, and some of the News Stations had it 'ready to go.' This ticker just slipped by for a moment and the other people who saw it probably thought it was a mistake as they didn't see it anywhere else.

It is possible that the OP made a simple mistake as well.

Its just sad how this all went.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Even if this does end up being nothing more than really cool, bizarre coincidence, at least I learned some cool things about requesting media onfo from Media matters, and some specifics into the mechanisms behind twitter, background searches, etc.

All in all, I'd give this thread 3 thumbs up, even if it turns out to be al loos ends.

And I mean, you gotta admit, it's a pretty fascinating mistake/coincidence (if that's what it is).

Meg should try and publicize her tweet to a local affiliate station. Just the fact that her apparent mistake turned out to be prescient is pretty interesting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by AdAstra

For rumors -some of them apparently reported at the time- see here (with additional links inside).

I think that the last post on the thread, by Who.Is.Zdenek is spot on.

Right. Why, then, is the OP's claim so difficult to believe?
I really don't understand it. There WERE rumors, and some of them clearly were reported in late April.
I can certainly understand the embarrassing implications of this for politicians, but I don't see why are some people here harping on the OP as is if her claim were so incredible?
Clearly other people saw either the same ticker or perhaps some other report.
Rumors WERE flying around, and Fox is quick to report rumors. What's so incredible?

edit on 10-5-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is interesting, and adds more back up to the OP.

Michelle Malkin : Reports on Fox News - bin Laden

News breaking all over the place tonight that Osama bin Laden was killed and that his body is in US possession.

Latest reports via Fox News live right now are that he was killed over a week ago by a US missile. There are conflicting reports on whether he was killed in Afghanistan (CBS) or Pakistan (CNN). CNN reporting that it was a “CIA asset” (read: human ground operation?) that killed bin Laden. [11:24pm Eastern update - Pakistani government tells Fox News that bin Laden was killed in Pakistan...TODAY michellemalkin.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73df077a8c02.jpg[/atsimg]

This news site below, shows a report from Michelle Malkin before she lined out the last week by missile part.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46f6a7b515f3.jpg[/atsimg]

www.americanfamilyvalues.org... s-obama-announces/

Then, going on a search from there, I find an original quote from another news source

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone. The official said it happened last week. areyouliberal.com...

They reference the AP - Associated Press

Another news site caught the Fox News and Michelle Malkin

Michelle Malkin -

News breaking all over the place tonight that Osama bin Laden was killed and that his body is in US possession.

Latest reports via Fox News live right now are that he was killed over a week ago by a US missile.

President Obama to speak any minute. Stand by.

God bless our military.

Fox News -

Usama bin Laden is dead, multiple sources confirm to Fox News.

President Obama is expected to deliver a statement from the White House Sunday night to discuss the major development.

Sources said bin Laden was killed by a U.S. bomb a week ago. The U.S. had been waiting for the results of a DNA test to confirm his identity.

The announcement comes nearly a decade after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks which started a tireless hunt for the terrorist mastermind and Al Qaeda leader. www.barking-moonbat.com...

edit on 10-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Boo boo. Please don't add this to my post count

edit on 5/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

One of the best things about ATS is that sometimes the road doesn't take you where you expect it too. There's nothing like the challenge of a good mystery.

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Exactly and agreed.

reply to post by AdAstra

Do you happen to know offhand which ones were clearly reported in late April, where, and by whom? I'm attempting to keep a list, which is getting pretty lengthy.. Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

Chica, those are the kinds of "ins" I meant. The ins I meant were in reference to the post. If you get my drift.

I'm all over the place because nothing's really been proven, eh? Other that the tweet exists.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANDOOGLE

Just a bit off-topic and self-promoting. I see you're new and you're doing this in multiple popular threads. Would this be considered flagrant violation of T&C?

Anyway, this thread appears to be dead, at least as far as confirming the ticker account. I think it would be better to direct our energy toward figuring out why multiple, unrelated news agencies reported Osama was killed a week before it was announced, and by a drone strike, not a covert Navy Seal op. And then, why they quickly changed their story when the President "corrected" all the "false" information (which was subsequently tweaked to death).

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Don't bother - all that (Michelle Malkin, etc.) was included in the link I posted earlier, but very few people seem to read through the threads, they only want to express their opinion. Facts are of lesser interest.
Then again you may have better luck.

[
Do you happen to know offhand which ones were clearly reported in late April, where, and by whom? I'm attempting to keep a list, which is getting pretty lengthy.. Thanks.

Sorry, no, I don't. I only remember the one who also said s/he saw a Fox News report or ticker. (See my previous post.)
But I think there are other specific mentions on that forum that I posted earlier (and on websites to which further links point). Apparently people saw such reports.

(I haven't read all the posts on that forum, because I am not really into the story itself, I am more puzzled by the animosity that the OP has attracted, as if it were an incredible claim.)

edit on 10-5-2011 by AdAstra because: Edited for clarity

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by megneverlands

I,went to your tweets,i asked to be added,they aren't showing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Clayton Morris Tweet

Mike Tobin Twitter

Interesting that Mike Tobin's twitter page is just showing blank for me. But Clayton Morris definitely tweeted about it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANDOOGLE
www.youtube.com...

COMET HIT SUN!!!

Well thats no good.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i've had a casual interest in this thread,though haven't looked through all the posts,for one i couldn't give a monkeys ass when Asama was killed,my personal belief was he died years ago..the important thing is that this man is no longer with us,did he lend a hand in 911 ? i don't know,but i'm sure he helped out in the killings of innocents and bombings around the world..the hatred for his fellow man was there to be seen,so the worlds a better place with out him
edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I´ve slowly read through the some 40 first pages of this thread. It´s evolving too fast for m e to catch up but judging from the latest post it seems like it got pretty derailed as usual.

To the OP, the initial news reports i read said that Osama Bin Laden had indeed been killed a week ago. Now here´s and interesting bit, it also stated that the US government had to go official because "noise" was starting to show up on tweeter, making it hard to keep things under wraps. Might explain the, to my understanding, odd timing for the press conferrence. I don´t remember reading anything about waiting for DNA. I do not remember which news outlet i read it in other than that it was at least two separate and they were both norwegian. I have done quick searches trying to find the webarticles but have not found the specific pieces.

Regarding the FOX ticker, IMHO it´s probably legit. I´m curious about the source. My guess is that it´s the same source beeing the base for the articles i read.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hello Meg - I do hope you check in today,

I would like to emphasize the importance of your checking your phone records. I thought everybody had caller ID these days but if the grandmother's call was to a phone that doesn't you can still access the records from the phone company. I don't want to say "you owe us that much at least" so I won't actually say it but I might be thinking it.

You mentioned being at your mother's house, did she or anyone else in either household also see the ticker? And no one can remember what program they were watching at the time?

Is there any chance we could get an independent first-hand statement summarizing this experience from your grandmother and other witnesses point of view? I wouldn't expect them to register with ATS to post necessarily, but perhaps they could write it down or at least go over it with you in chronological fashion and then you could relay the info to us in their own words.

ALSO: FOR THE RECORD: I found someone who had recorded the wedding on Fox on the 29th and they reviewed the several hours of video looking for something on the ticker from that broadcast (as another member had suggested) and they didn't see anything relevant.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Can someone who remembers or still have access please check the time stamps (yes, time stamps again...go ahead and groan) of the tweets surrounding the one in question? I'm sure someone might already have posted about this but can't find it in the thread. How close were they to the subject tweet?

Also, apologies, but with so many of the immediately surrounding tweets referring to the royal wedding, I mistakenly assumed that it might be logical that someone was watching the coverage. I guess this assumption fell apart when the date changed to April 27.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
The Osama tweet, with the timestamps of the three surrounding tweets.

have been reading this entire thread for days now, with much interest. So many good researchers here doing a fantastic job to get the the bottom of this.

This post from hotbakedtater (thanks) seems to show the tweets in sequence....all the time frames look genuine.....all in the PM, none mention the AM, where I think the issue is getting confused.
The tweet in question is the 1.43PM 28th April one, which is indeed out of kilter with when Meg says she tweeted this (somewhere between 9-11pm on 28th April) I can't explain it, I am just certain that Twitter was not hacked, as there is no real motive for doing this. Maybe there is a simple explanation, I do not fully understand if time zones come into play, etc, but that is a 9 hour discrepancy, although quite plausible that timezones settings are responsible.

What is interesting is that she did tweet at 10.45pm on the 28th April, about American Idol (was that on that night at that time?)

All that's now left is to confirm if there is a vid of the actual ticker that exists. It won't be easy to find, if it is ever found, due to it being a minute time frame.

Fair dues to all out there trying to locate it!
I will continue to follow this and hold out hope that it is found.
Did Fox show this on the ticker?
edit on 11-5-2011 by celticniall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join