It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If I were you, the second time period I'd look at, after checking what Meg remembers, is what the tweet timestamp says. Those are the two most likely times. If it's not there, THEN start broadening the search. Even to the 27th, apparently, if you must.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984
reply to post by Aeons

Surely two hours of Fox News Channel can't be worth too much. Maybe we can get some people to chip in some $.

Well, we definitely know it will cost more than two hours of CNN or MSNBC....

Find out if they LAYER the news ticker.. if they do, the ticker won't be there. It will just be the show with NOTHING on the bottom.
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: more info

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

That's an interesting theory, although if you really think its a 'joke' and a 'hoax', why do you keep returning to the thread. I'm interested in the useful information being presented by those ding actual research, not just spouting poo-poo theories and calling it fact. Bye!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Even with the confusion about what airs where at what time, which I believe you cleared up, that would be a solid plan. If you need help, like Fury said, I have an extra $10 and a little vision left.

ETA: If it's not there, can you get a refund?

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

ETAA: Can someone please repost the hours you all decided on and the shows on at that time in that time zone. (was it Hannity and Sustern?) so I can search for/review more online in the morning?

[Not holding my breath at this point. I'm 99.999% sure it's not out there.)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

Originally posted by Fury1984
reply to post by Aeons

Surely two hours of Fox News Channel can't be worth too much. Maybe we can get some people to chip in some $.

Well, we definitely know it will cost more than two hours of CNN or MSNBC....

Find out if they LAYER the news ticker.. if they do, the ticker won't be there. It will just be the show with NOTHING on the bottom.
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: more info

They seemed pretty clear. Maybe I'll start with a half hour segment.

I'm hoping that TrowaBarton gets a response from MoxNews. I suspect his is the most likely to have that ticker, since he seems to be getting his feed the same way the rest of us peons are.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wish I was able to help with checking the footage... I hate sitting around feeling helpless. And I've only been sitting here now for about 10 minutes.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

That's fine. I'm willing to be wrong when looking into something. I'm willing to look into something that looks credible but turns out not to be.

If *YOU* are too afraid of being wrong that you aren't willing to question what you are told in case people might not think you to be perfect for a moment.....well then I suggest that protecting your fragile ego be your first priority in life.

Me, I'm made of sturdier stuff.

Yea Yea Yea, that’s real beautiful and such, but the fact is, I can name 5.3 million commercials and over 40 billion reports saying the same thing in the last 10 years, I mean, what’s so fantastic about it if it was reported, and the op did say it?

Ok, it happened, so what’s the big deal, loll, you all are acting as if that’s the first time it’s ever happened in the last 10 years....gosh!

But I have been going to sensitive mortal classes in which I have to start acting like a mortal… so here it goes.

YEA!
WOW!

The op said it.

it’s true.

I saw it .

I think the op is god or something.

And it’s truly amazing that fox REPORTED IT AND no OTHER NEWS STATION REPORTED IT.

OMG!

FOX SAID IT,.

OMG LOOK AT THE DATE AND TIME.

IT CAN’T BE HACKED

THE OP SAID IT SO IT HAS TO BE BELIEVABLE.

Gosh! I just can’t get the hang of lying or agreeing with the majority to get popularity on this site and a few stars. I guess trying to be mortal is different then lying or trying to fool your self.

I think ill just keep real.

She’s lying…period!
My last reply to this hoax thread.

By the way,how many tv commerciels and programs could you count within a month on osama bin laden before april 28,how many utube videos can you find saying osama is dead or has been killed.JESUS CHRIST !
edit on 9-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

That's an interesting theory, although if you really think its a 'joke' and a 'hoax', why do you keep returning to the thread. I'm interested in the useful information being presented by those ding actual research, not just spouting poo-poo theories and calling it fact. Bye!

TextI'm interested in the useful information being presented by those ding actual research

You really and honestly think that a conversation that was tweeted in a jokingly way deserves the 'Dream Team' to figure it out...REALLY!

I tell you what i believe what you believe,your the winner,have a good night.

'Research' MY GOD !
edit on 9-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Hoping I hear back from him. If I do not then tomorrow I will try to contact him further. If not please let me know o the prices they quote you. I have a bit of cash and spending it on helping to figure this out would be money well spent imo

Thank you

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: to add/remove content

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A few things that are suspicious yet no one seems to address it.

1) How can a person sign up with ATS as a NEW member then be able to start a thread like this with out having completed their, (according to the tos), 20 post minimum before starting a thread? All of the OPosters post have been in this thread and this thread only all on the same day she opened an ATS account.

2) The title of this thread is "Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!, " which in fact is not true because there is NO Fox News video, screen shot or any type of verification from Fox or any of their archived information online that supports this thread title claim, so either the words [HOAX] needs to be added around it or the title changed to "New member tweets to accuse Fox news of their ticker claiming OBL death early"

Here is a scenario discussed among my friends online and off, not factual but curious and makes us think:

The OPoster says she is a journalist, ok, maybe she got a tip about the White House announcing the death so she talks to her friends at ATS and they decide .... hmmm .... the Birth Certificate threads are getting lame so how about you tweet about seeing his death announced on a TV news ticker, (even though you have no proof of seeing the ticker you can at least "claim you did" and can derail the needed proof by saying over and over "look at my time stamp, look at my time stamp, thats evidence I saw the ticker!"), then after the announcement is made on TV you come to ATS, you make an account on how you tweeted this revelation, we allow your account to by pass the 20 post minimum to get the topic goin then wolah, a new exciting snowball runs down the hill giving excitement all over the web and ATS, which is good business.

Things I believe to be the facts:
1) The OPoster "did tweet" on April 28th that Fox news was reporting an OBL death
2) She is new too ATS and was able to make a thread with her first post on her first day about the tweet
3) There is no evidence, so far, to prove a Fox ticker did what she said it did to back up her tweet/claim so it is only an interesting tweet at best
4) Out of the thousands who were probably watching Fox news that night only 2 or maybe 3 people even saw the ticker (allegedly). I bet Fox news would be quite bummed out to learn that there beloved ticker can only capture the attention of 1 grandmother and 1 24yr old, (who was called by granny), in the entire United States of viewers.

Everything else is just heresay, speculation and assumption, In My Opinion. I am not trying to bash the OPoster or this site so please do not take my opinion as such, I am just openly discussing my views at this forum concerning this topic. Thank you.

2.3cents.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." — Winston Churchil

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

We've tried covering everything you've mentioned, but, as far as I know, none of the true discrepancies have been resolved. Because of that, I think we've been temporarily suspending disbelief in an effort to investigate the rest of the claim. However, as you point out, the other discrepancies still exist. Though, there are possible answers.

For instance, this is a very good question: How was Meg able to post a thread here without having the required number of posts? A tentative answer was that she contacted a Mod who allowed her to post it. To my knowledge, though, no Mod has confirmed this, and I think the matter's been buried.

Then, there's the timestamp vs. Meg's memory discrepancy. She claims it was in the evening, while the timestamp on the tweet shows it was posted in the morning (local time). We have yet to find any reasonable answer to that (mainly because Meg has all but vanished from the thread - it's hard to clarify times and the reliability of memory of a person who's not around).

There's also the inability to find any video evidence of the headline in the ticker. We're (well..they're) currently working on that one. There are three possible outcomes: 1) the headline was real and Meg was right with what she saw, 2) Meg was mistaken about what she saw, but the headline is similar to what she claimed, or 3) Meg was hallucinating/lying and the headline never happened.
Hopefully, this one, at least will be resolved soon.

So, yeah, we've still got some ironing out to do... but we're working on it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Saw you post this before, BuzzingOn, and meant to reply. Saw someone else early on say this OP did not have 20 posts yet, and this melded with my thoughts about this possibly being a few different things, which I've repeated a few times here in this thread too. This could well be some sort of promotional or tracking test to see how far this spreads. It could also be a test or a real implementation of that persona-creating software by the government or another special interest group. The theory that she got early word is pretty feasible too.

ETA: Agree with CLPrime on the suspending disbelief. Also would like for a mod to tell us why megneverlands was able to post.

Al-Qaeda's Twitter linky

I found this on some other site...What do those numbers at the end of the links mean? Wonder why they posted three of them. Retweets?

twitter.com/megneverlands/status/...4707971072

twitter.com/megneverlands/status/...8995408896

twitter.com/megneverlands/status/...2069149696

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
A few things that are suspicious yet no one seems to address it.

1) How can a person sign up with ATS as a NEW member then be able to start a thread like this with out having completed their, (according to the tos), 20 post minimum before starting a thread? All of the OPosters post have been in this thread and this thread only all on the same day she opened an ATS account.

2) The title of this thread is "Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!, " which in fact is not true because there is NO Fox News video, screen shot or any type of verification from Fox or any of their archived information online that supports this thread title claim, so either the words [HOAX] needs to be added around it or the title changed to "New member tweets to accuse Fox news of their ticker claiming OBL death early"

Here is a scenario discussed among my friends online and off, not factual but curious and makes us think:

The OPoster says she is a journalist, ok, maybe she got a tip about the White House announcing the death so she talks to her friends at ATS and they decide .... hmmm .... the Birth Certificate threads are getting lame so how about you tweet about seeing his death announced on a TV news ticker, (even though you have no proof of seeing the ticker you can at least "claim you did" and can derail the needed proof by saying over and over "look at my time stamp, look at my time stamp, thats evidence I saw the ticker!"), then after the announcement is made on TV you come to ATS, you make an account on how you tweeted this revelation, we allow your account to by pass the 20 post minimum to get the topic goin then wolah, a new exciting snowball runs down the hill giving excitement all over the web and ATS, which is good business.

Things I believe to be the facts:
1) The OPoster "did tweet" on April 28th that Fox news was reporting an OBL death
2) She is new too ATS and was able to make a thread with her first post on her first day about the tweet
3) There is no evidence, so far, to prove a Fox ticker did what she said it did to back up her tweet/claim so it is only an interesting tweet at best
4) Out of the thousands who were probably watching Fox news that night only 2 or maybe 3 people even saw the ticker (allegedly). I bet Fox news would be quite bummed out to learn that there beloved ticker can only capture the attention of 1 grandmother and 1 24yr old, (who was called by granny), in the entire United States of viewers.

Everything else is just heresay, speculation and assumption, In My Opinion. I am not trying to bash the OPoster or this site so please do not take my opinion as such, I am just openly discussing my views at this forum concerning this topic. Thank you.

2.3cents.
Bzzzzzzz

I think we can all move on now, the case is closed, good work Buzzing On. That’s about as real as it gets....period!

You deny ignorance and thats all its about.good job bzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Al-Qaeda's Twitter linky

Wooow. That's just about the best thing I've seen in a while.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Whats really interesting is your interest in posts that your not interested in.
Now that I find really interesting, if not uber interesting.

Me thinks your thinking that your less obvious than you really think you are.

The screen shots clearly show that this was tweeted days earlier that OBL's official death.
edit on 9-5-2011 by burntheships because: clarification

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I also am curious to know why she was able to post as a newbie - since I was trying to post a thread today and of course did not know you had to post 20 responses before you could post a new thread....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Classic!

Had a few of those in this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well looks like I'm off to start u2uing mods. Asking them about this less than 20 post thread. Who's with me?

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The number is a Tweet ID. They are sequential. Meaning, all the ids before and after Meg's should be dated within a very short period of time to the time she claims.

Possibly, the Tweet Id is based partially on a date-time-stamp code with a unique message id. I don't know their system, so that's just a guess.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join