It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And, if we assume the timestamp on the tweet is the correct time (which, if it isn't, then we're back to questioning how the timestamp could be altered), then this places it at 10:43 AM. Assuming she tweeted within 43 minutes of seeing the headline, this was while America Live, with Megyn Kelly, was on. And, despite the wedding the following day, I know that America Live was in its regular time slot because I found 7 minutes worth of footage from that show on the 28th.

But if you are questioning the date to that point...wouldn't you just assume it is all a hoax?

Because the OP should at least remember if she tweeted at night or in the morning...and she said it was at night.

So I don't see the point of trying to look through footage of the morning shows.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yep. Therein lies the rub. I opted when I searched and reviewed all those videos to go with what she said rather than the tweet timestamp knowing that that might well have been a time zone issue.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If the OP tweeted this message but there was no message to be found on Fox News then the only conclusion is that the OP THOUGHT they saw the message on Fox news. It was late at night, and by the OPs admission was half asleep. So this becomes a prophecy rather than a political conspiracy!

I did laugh at William cancelling his holiday because he was needed at work. He works at Air Sea Rescue in Wales -can you imagine his boss telling the second in line heir to the throne "Sorry Queen, I don't care if he has a honeymoon to go to, we need him here..."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There may still be a case where her time zone is wrong. That is why I opted to search evening shows per her word.

She sort of answered this as I believe she was asked (see her quotes in my last long post about the Fox schedule). But didn't seem to know what we needed at that moment.

She may not even be aware of that time zone setting. I'm not sure anyone asked her outright to check it.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I edited my last post with this, but I'll post it again...

(Concerning which time zone Meg had her account said to) Regardless, it doesn't matter. The timestamp is seen by each user according to what time zone they're in...it doesn't matter what time zone Meg's account was set to, all that matter's is what the server reported the time was. Whatever time zone Meg's account was set to (she did say it's set to Pacific time, though), we're seeing the real time of the post based on the independent time according to Twitter's server. The timestamp is accurate (unless the server had the wrong time just for that one tweet).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There may still be a case where her time zone is wrong. That is why I opted to search evening shows per her word.

She sort of answered this as I believe she was asked (see her quotes in my last long post about the Fox schedule). But didn't seem to know what we needed at that moment.

She may not even be aware of that time zone setting. I'm not sure anyone asked her outright to check it.

\

that's WAY more incredible than fox news actually reporting it

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
FNC live coverage of the wedding began at 4AM EDT and ended at 9AM EDT April 29.
That's 1AM to 6AM PDT

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I didn't see where she said in this thread that her time zone was set right...to US PT? In the quote I posted, it was vague.

Also, I think I understand part of what you're saying. When I looked at her tweet it showed that it was posted at 1:43 PM US ET. That translates to 10:43 AM US PT (her time). Would that be when she posted it?

Her phone an Android, using Seemic sends her tweet out...it goes to a cell tower? That tower send it to the Twitter server? The Twitter server (in San Francisco I think I read also US PT) uses the time it is set to? And then adjusts it for the viewer according to the time zone they have set on their what computer?

reply to post by kennvideo

Is April 29 is after her tweet in any time zone?

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: changed the minutes in both times to :43

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So Twitter is on a NoSQL database.
The default is UTC.

Now we just need the native internal (binary?) number assigned in NoSQL to the tweet. If we can get the tweets internally assigned date without formatting, all these problems go away.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Good thing with the show time listings but was there by chance any royal wedding coverage on instead, being as it was the night before?

I thought this was mentioned before but I'll be buggered atm to check through this whole thread?

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

I didn't see where she said in this thread that her time zone was set right...to US PT? In the quote I posted, it was vague.

Also, I think I understand part of what you're saying. When I looked at her tweet it showed that it was posted at 1:30 PM US ET. That translates to 10:20 AM US PT (her time). Would that be when she posted it?

Her phone an Android, using Seemic sends her tweet out...it goes to a cell tower? That tower send it to the Twitter server? The Twitter server (in San Francisco I think I read also US PT) uses the time it is set to? And then adjusts it for the viewer according to the time zone they have set on their what computer?

Is April 29 is after her tweet in any time zone?

You had a typo: 1:30 PM EDT is 10:30AM PDT....

Does the server and there can be multiple servers, put in the timestamp or does Twitter's main frame put in the timestamp?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

I do vividly remember her replying to being asked what her account was set to, saying that it was set to Pacific. I doubt my word is evidence enough, but it was in the barrage of posts she made the last time she was here.

Also, I think I understand part of what you're saying. When I looked at her tweet it showed that it was posted at 1:30 PM US ET. That translates to 10:20 AM US PT (her time). Would that be when she posted it?

Yes, the time she posted it would have been 10:43 AM PDT.
And, again, yes, regardless of what time her account was set to, the time of the tweet would have been set by the server. As far as I understand the process, that's how it would've gone down - so-to-speak.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Not a typo. I'm three hours ahead of her and that is what Twitter shows me.

But I did typo :30s when I meant :43s consistently. I'm going to fix that. Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not a typo. I'm three hours ahead of her and that is what Twitter shows me.

No Lucidity... You said 1:30 ET would be 10:20 PT...reread it

edit on 9-5-2011 by kennvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Anytime my friend....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

Does the server and there can be multiple servers, put in the timestamp or does Twitter's main frame put in the timestamp?

Twitter might do it differently, but, typically, when an official timestamp is needed, the time is usually resolved from the server. Even if it is something set by the mainframe, it's still independent of Meg's account settings.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by megneverlands

reply to post by Morpheas

Right. That's a mismatch according to you guys who think you have the timestamp thing nailed.

I'm still not warm and fuzzy with that.

She said she was, on Twitter, set to US and no particular time zone. I don't know what the implications of this are, as it doesn't seem possible. We need an answer for this.

edit on 5/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

No. I said my LOCATION (the location that whoever is on my page sees) says "US". My Twitter timezone in my account is set to PST.

But you see the timestamp according to your OWN timezone, not time. So if you are on the east coast, you will see the timestamp on my tweet as 10:43pm on April 28th. However, I posted it at 7:43pm that night.

Yes she is set to PST. I won't comment on the rest of her post right now.
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: Too add content

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I did and fixed it to this:

Also, I think I understand part of what you're saying. When I looked at her tweet it showed that it was posted at 1:43 PM US ET. That translates to 10:43 AM US PT (her time).

Yes...messed up were the minutes. When I read your post I assumed you were referring to the PM. My bad. And thanks.

reply to post by TrowaBarton

Oh. Redface. I had forgotten that one and she was answering me

Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Again, we ASSUME the server time wasn't fouled up nor was the main frame whichever why they do it...
I sure wish we wouldn't have to ASSUME anything...
I am going buggie....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It's not that simple to screw up a server's internal time. It would have to have screwed up for her tweet and her tweet alone. It would also have had to reassigned the tag in the tweet's URL, which is not possible. So, don't have to assume anything...we can conclude that the time set by the server/mainframe is correct.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join