It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Any other boards we can post a call for video on? Like Aeons did here? InfoWars? Others?

That was a great idea.

reply to post by CLPrime

And 10-4 CLPrime. All that is good to know and document technically.

reply to post by wcitizen

Crystal.

Thanks.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Surely someone out there, who does not work for someone hiding the truth, recorded Hannity and/or Greta that evening. Were there special shows on that evening or was it the run-of-the-mill political commentary?

BTW, I was looking up details on the Fox News shows on April 28, 2011, and Glenn Beck talked about indoctrination in public schools that day. Won't it be nice when the history books are used to indoctrinate children into believing this OBL story?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Either it happened that day, or the security agencies in Britian were given a courtesy heads-up.
edit on 2011/5/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's honeymoon could have been delayed by the U.S. government's plan to try to capture Osama Bin Laden.
Security experts have claimed that the decision to delay the honeymoon may have been more to do with the couple's safety rather than the prince's wish to rush back to work.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So....

Not been on this thread and kept up as much as I would have liked to the last couple of days.

Anyone who's been regularly involved wanna fill me in?

Anyone found the clip in question, anyone found any other corroborating evidence....

Any new revelations?

Any new things popped up?

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Nope... lots 'o spec u late in...
but nothing definitive....:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by megneverlands

To be honest, i have to say that osama bin laden getting killed sound like a bucket of crap.
My opinion on this matter is this: Osama back in the day actually used to work for the CIA, it sounds a little bit fishy to me that Obama (out of nowhere) found and gave the order to kill Osama. He's been in hiding for 9 years and he's ends up actually being in a nice house? i'm not buying it the usa has one of the best search tactics around the world. i think that the CIA needed him and they helped him get out of pakistan. I mean i knew they wer not going to give out the picture, it was so obvious to me. now the big question is: What is the CIA brewing up that requiere Osama Bin Laden's help?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I don't know, I'd think that, by now, we could reasonably conclude that the tweet was, in fact, posted on April 28. We can show that hacking Twitter to back-date the tweet is unlikely, and we can also show that Google cache shows the tweet existed as early as April 30, so it should be safe to say that the tweet is legit. The only explanation other than this conclusion is that someone had the knowledge, forethought, and resources to hack both Twitter and Google cache.

This doesn't necessarily prove the premise - that FoxNews reported the death of Osama bin Laden on April 28 - but it should prove the tweet, beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

good points

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
seems like what we specifically need are dvr'd or archived versions of Hannity and On The Record from 4/28. in ths day and age this shouldn't be too difficult given the relatively high ratings of these two news horus.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay - does someone know what the default time zone on Twitter is?

I suspect that it is possible that Meg's user time stamp isn't set to her local area in her user settings.

If that is the case, that might help pin down the time being off between her saying when she did it and when the tweet is timed for. A little math, and voila the difference disappears.

So, can someone tell me what Twitter's default time zone is?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Has anyone asked the OP what the EXACT text was that was on the ticker?

I think she is claiming to have seen it twice...and her grandmother once before that.

So she should be able to recall exactly what text was on the ticker....right?

I don't think it would just say "Osama Bin Laden is dead." So what did it allegedly say?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oleus
seems like what we specifically need are dvr'd or archived versions of Hannity and On The Record from 4/28. in ths day and age this shouldn't be too difficult given the relatively high ratings of these two news horus.

Surely someone is or knows a Hannity fan that records his shows!

Bueller?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Twitter's default time zones seems to be ECT (Ecuador), which is currently UTC-5, the same as Central time in North America
edit on 9-5-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Correct. That is what I got and posted here when I signed up as a result of this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I signed up months ago only for one thing. Because I had no intention of reusing it I haven't ever done anything else with it, nor did I do much to set it up.

The default on that account (just logged back into it for the first time since) is GMT-10:00 Hawaii.

In Hawaii is it currently 10:18 am, and it is 2:18 pm where I am.

edit on 2011/5/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oleus

Just to verify...the shows that were on in the timeframe we're looking at...

6 PM Special Report with Bret Baier
7 PM Fox Report with Shepard Smith
8 PM O'Reilly Factor
9 PM Hannity
10 PM On the Record

I believe they broadcast at the same times US ET and US PT. It's only CT that shows them an hour off?

The OP's timestamp on the tweet is showing 10:43 AM US PT (assuming she set her time zone).

Someone early in the thread somehow saw 7:43 PM and posted it (I don't remember the time zone).

The OP has said that the timeframe was around that time and that she sent the tweet "within an hour" of seeing the ticker.

Originally posted by megneverlands
I believe it was in the evening, probably between 6:30 and 8pm PST. Hope that helps narrow down what program was running because I can't remember. I wish I could.

Actually, my Twitter profile says my location is simply "US". It doesn't say which coast. However, I live on the US west coast. I'm on PST.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
She said she was, on Twitter, set to US and no particular time zone. I don't know what the implications of this are, as it doesn't seem possible. We need an answer for this

No. I said my LOCATION (the location that whoever is on my page sees) says "US". My Twitter timezone in my account is set to PST.

But you see the timestamp according to your OWN timezone, not time. So if you are on the east coast, you will see the timestamp on my tweet as 10:43pm on April 28th. However, I posted it at 7:43pm that night.

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember. I believe I posted it soon after seeing it. I'd say, within an hour of seeing it, at most. I usually post things quickly. I can access Twitter from my phone...as you great researchers have already established. Nice work

Maybe my thinking is wrong or I'm missing something or the schedule was different the evening of April 28, 2011, due to the wedding, but why are you looking at Hannity and On the Record?

reply to post by Aeons

See this is what I was afraid of. Who knows how they set the randome time zone or what it depends on or if or how they change it.

ETA: The first night this thread was posted, I looked at videos of all the shows in the listing other than Hannity and On the Record. It appeared to me that all shows in the listing were airing as scheduled but were all covering the wedding.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Programs from FOX News could be ordered from a clipping service, like one of these:

www.airchecknews.com...
www.metromonitor.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And, if we assume the timestamp on the tweet is the correct time (which, if it isn't, then we're back to questioning how the timestamp could be altered), then this places it at 10:43 AM. Assuming she tweeted within 43 minutes of seeing the headline, this was while America Live, with Megyn Kelly, was on. And, despite the wedding the following day, I know that America Live was in its regular time slot because I found 7 minutes worth of footage from that show on the 28th.

ETA: considering Aeons' post above, I guess the time zone default isn't quite so dependable.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. The timestamp is seen by each user according to what time zone they're in, so, whatever time zone Meg's account was set to (she did say it's set to Pacific time, though), we're seeing the real time of the post based on the independent time according to Twitter's server. The timestamp is accurate (unless the server had the wrong time just for that one tweet).
edit on 9-5-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Time and date are stored in databases in a standard format. It is the monkeying around to format it that causes problems.

If we can get the system assigned date/time then this problem disappears.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Twitter returns tweets in UTC time

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join