It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That was just a potential example. Are you reviewing videos to find supporting evidence? Are you attempting to disprove this could be a hoax or a hack so that this becomes solid evidence? Or are you just reading her posts and saying she sounds sincere?

You are aware there is software that can set up scenarios and even entire identities out there? You are aware that there is a group that hacks for the good of man that can figure out how to do just about anything? Maybe I'm not as trusting as some, but I would LOVE to see this be real. It could be a smoking gun.

However, to be honest, it's not looking good so far....

1. No one else seems to have seen this ticker.

2. There's no corraborting video or screenshot (sure it could have been "scrubbed," but see number 1.

3. There is a discrepancy in the timestamp on her post compared to what she told us here in the thread that no one has explained so far.

4. We're not sure if a backdate on a tweet or an insert to a twitter is possible or not. Again, the government and non-government special interest groups have programs that can create entire personas with entire backgrounds that can fool the average user, and they work with the likes of FaceBook and Twitter and Google and other social networks to make this happen.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
35 people hacked their accounts to show this tweet a week prior?

That is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

The link's broken.

Is this by chance the same link that someone posted in GLP? I just looked through all those before I returned here, and I'd venture to say it's showing different information now than when it was first posted because he or she said when they posted this link that someone in the UK had retweeted it? If I'm remembering right.

Can you explain what this link is supposed to be showing please?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Hang on a second.

At the time this thread started, I believe her tweet had only been retweeted by 3 people. And if Im remembering correctly, two of them, including Jeremy Scahill, had deleted their retweets.

What are you saying here about 35 people? In addition to who they are, we need to know when they retweeted it.
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It just occurred to me, it might actually be fairly easy to (at least superficially) hack a tweet date. I'm not 100% sure, but, as far as I understand it, the timestamp is assigned like this:

The tweet is submitted
The server is contacted for the time and date
The user's time zone is processed (in the form UTC +/- XX:XX)
The date is assigned

So, assuming this is true, it would then be a relatively simple matter to crack the 3rd step and assign a value of, say, UTC-96:00 to set it back 4 days.

However, there's a problem even with this. The tweet would still appear with the rest of Meg's tweets from May 2...it would just have a timestamp from April 28.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The links work fine; I used each one except of course for the originator of the tweet...

No, I found them in a Google search...

All those people retweeted after they saw the original tweet; the timestamp is April 28... Now all this means is the people saw the tweet and not the ticker. BUT IT'S THE SAME DATE.... Now that would be a lot of hacking and back dating by a lot of computer savvy folks... So, we draw the conclusion the original tweet WAS on April 28????
Hell if I know... It may have made things foggier for all of use seeking an answer...
Sorry I wasn't clearer....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I alerted the mods everyone Please do not respond to him

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Hmmm...interesting.

The user's time zone set in Twitter, correct? I see the problem if Twitter sorts on that sequence number thing rather than the date?

Do we know how it sorts and/or assigns the date? Upon receipt, I would imagine?

I would think it might then sort by date or by both date and the sequence number.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
look at this link..

socialspew.com...
It shows the ticker..but not the date..

still interesting..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Off topic and covered about a gazillion times already in this thread? Please note it says Obama bin Laden and I believe aired on May 2.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I alerted the mods everyone Please do not respond to him

Trowa

Hey Trowa, everyone needs hobby....Bashing is theirs.
I hope and thnk we all have pretty tough skins...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

yea..ok..

I didn't see the Obama at first..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

yea..ok..

I didn't see the Obama at first..

Notice the difference in letters of the name is b and s... yes BS

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It sorts by the tag at the end of the tweet URL, which gives the tweet a unique, and sequential, number to identify it. To place the tweet in the middle of tweets from April 28, they would have to hack the process that assigns these tags and give it a tag between two April 28 tweets.
But, then, there are no free tags from April 28 to assign to the tweet once that date goes by, because, as I said, tags are assigned sequentially. They would have to, perhaps, reassign the URL of a tweet from April 28 to the back-dated tweet about seeing the ticker headline, removing the original tweet and replacing it with the new one.
It's a lot of work... hacking the _javascript code that assigned the timestamp on the user's end (after the UTC time is reported by the server), hacking the process that assigns the tag in the URL, swapping the older tweet for the newer (back-dated) one, and all at once, because all of these operations occur within a fraction second. It's not a simple hack... it's one that requires almost an insider understanding of how Twitter assigns tags to the URL in order to mess with that process. And, even then, I don't know if it's possible to do so. Let me think about it a little more...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm kinda hoping this guy can help..
This is the sort of setup EVERYONE needs

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Should we call in and ask this guy?

LISTEN LIVE
NOON-3PM ET
WWW.GIBSONRADIO.COM
CALL IN 888-788-9910

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Nice setup. Does he work for FoxNews? Might not be the wisest thing to contact him if he does? Thoughts?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Just called explained what we were looking for and the situation talked to a lady answering the phones first, she put me on hold. Talked to dude (Josh) explained all of this to him too and he said "I don't have the authority to do that" I just produce this show. Then he said "I gotta run" and hung up on me. Rather quickly I might add

Trowa
edit on 9/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join