It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

You might want to re-read that post you are critiquing.

And how is accusing someone of being a "Lawyer" relevant to the thread or even the point you are implying?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by gobeon

I have not read this whole entire Thread and as being under the influence of the dreaded flu have not researched this.

But,

Dear Gobeon - It appears to me you are a lawyer or one of Them, Trying do disfuse a situation - and trying not to sound like one, Or, a newer Secretary to a Lawyer --- Which Is It? BTW, You forgot the -- In Conclusion for your final argument. Your furthermore gave you away.
I disagree, the poster simply sounded intelligent, and knows how to think logically.

link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The only think FB that turned up when I searched very early on was an entry from Thomas Lowe Hughes. But that was posted after this thread was. It's on this page with a graphic. www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by gobeon

I do consider that a possibility.

However, this accounts for many minor and important details which just don't work well so far.

Plus, this is not the sort of thing I would expect someone to misread easily. You just happen to read on the ticker that Bin Laden is dead while watching news of a completely unrelated event (you aren't primed to misread it), without any pre-existing expectations to colour it. Then, it happens, a week later.

The fact that this makes WAY more sense than the half-baked (not the word I want to use) story that has been presented, and the piss poor speech that they had Obama give just makes it way more believable.

NOW, what I'd like to know is.....did they do TWO ops, with second one being to cover for having pissed off people by doing the first one on the Prince's wedding?

Whitehouse, next time you put out realpolitik, at least construct something useful. You can date and time a damn bombing across the World, but you can't put the right date a press release on a speech, but you can put times on it? And if you don't give a date, you could at least freakin' hedge with a bit more leeway. Even "As of today" instead of "today" would have been an easier save.

Dorks.
edit on 2011/5/8 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well at this point I can I can see this thread has grown and is still taking a turn for the worse (my last post was way back on page 17).

At this point I can see that no other evidence has come up proving what the OP really seen. I see speculation but no evidence. I will then go with the idea that there was either a mistake or all evidence was eradicated from the web before the thread was made aside from that is the twitter post. It is possible I suppose that all evidence was taken off cyber space and therefore erased forever from history but it is just as likely there was a mistake in the reading.

As for the dancing video it has been said multiple times the title of videos can be changed after the fact, that video means nothing without dialog in the video it is just men dancing.

I would have thought that if there were any evidence proving the OP right it would have at this time been shown in the thread. Honestly my hopes were up last night that there was a breech in the system.

Raist

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

At this point I can see that no other evidence has come up proving what the OP really seen. I see speculation but no evidence. I will then go with the idea that there was either a mistake or all evidence was eradicated from the web before the thread was made aside from that is the twitter post. It is possible I suppose that all evidence was taken off cyber space and therefore erased forever from history but it is just as likely there was a mistake in the reading.
Raist

While that's a reasonable conclusion to come to, don't you think if the OP merely 'made a mistake' and misread a ticker headline saying something about"...If Bin Laden is killed" someone would have found that, as well?

Honestly, if no one is able to find the ticker either way, i'd say it HAS possibly been scrubbed, which only seems to imply there is truth the OP.

Otherwise, eventaly, we'll see someone provide the evidence of the misleading ticker you suspect.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'd consider the "dancing" video to be a distraction, in hopes that in taking down that bad information, this person's claim would get swept up in the disgust too. A very useful illogic tool. Ad Hominem Tu Quoque. Quite appealing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

As I said it is possible that the history of such a ticker has been erased completely. I hold out hope that is true. Admittedly though that hope has greatly lowered from this time last night.

As another poster mentioned though how many people that have heard of ATS also use twitter, and are watching/not watching the news that is on at the time and read the tickers either correctly or incorrectly. I think either way rather if the reading was correct or not that the likelihood of such people are fewer than most would guess. Say one thousand people saw the news at that time. Then say that of those people 800 of them read the ticker. Then think of the number of people that use twitter as close to 700 then guess the number of people that have heard of ATS. All of those numbers are a guess and they could go either way. But for each thing you add the number of people that could be included lowers in some cases greatly.

Again it is likely the internet has had the history of the information cleaned completely being I am a member here I can believe that to a degree with no issue. I certainly do not believe the original story at the very least I think if he has not been dead for years he was killed before the day they say. How else would they get DNA results in less than 12 hours? And why would they dump the body in less than 24 hours? They like to spin tales that are highly doubtful even to some that normally believe some of the older stories they tell (some of my co-workers caught the DNA and body dumping and thought it was odd).

Raist

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To me the underlying issue here is whether or not the OBL assasination storyline is viable, or is it just a poorly scripted and executed political ploy. The answer to that seems pretty obvious to me, just looking at the events of the last week, much less what might have lead up to it. I don't really need more proof that the system has gone completely insane, and is creating fantasies on top of fantasies in order to cover up the holes in the previous fantasies. They can't even keep the lies straight anymore. So whether it happened a couple weeks ago, or even the day AFTER it was announced, is a moot point. There's no point in trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle for which it is already known that the pieces don't fit.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread; maybe the first 25 pages or so. But it appears that 90 percent of the posts have missed the point. It really doesn't matter that much whether the alleged ticker item said what the OP thought it said, or even if it exists.

If I were to tweet right now that I saw a ticker saying that the prime minister of Canada had just been assassinated, it might not mean anything. But if I do it and then three days from now he IS assassinated, well that's something interesting, even if the ticker I saw had actually said, not that the PM had been assassinated, but that he had taken a trip to Argentina. That is essentially the situation here, but with bin Laden in place of the Canadian PM.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

As another poster mentioned though how many people that have heard of ATS also use twitter, and are watching/not watching the news that is on at the time and read the tickers either correctly or incorrectly. I think either way rather if the reading was correct or not that the likelihood of such people are fewer than most would guess. Say one thousand people saw the news at that time. Then say that of those people 800 of them read the ticker. Then think of the number of people that use twitter as close to 700 then guess the number of people that have heard of ATS. All of those numbers are a guess and they could go either way. But for each thing you add the number of people that could be included lowers in some cases greatly.

Okay, so no one saw it but her and her grandma. So are they psychic? I just dont see how you can draw a conclusion one way or another.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

To Whom This May Concern,

Please be advise that the following is to be intended for the sheeple and may be used against us. - (For those who do not know a legal format) (They Have A Hard Time trying - especially if They are New) -- Legal Junk set up. -- (Yeah, I work for Lawyers - and while I don't draft legal document, I review them to make sure they are correct so they can be filed). - goes like this:

Dear Sheeple:

Hello all - After spending the past several hours muddling through all 56 pages of posts in this thread, I would like to propose a few points that have not been previously addressed:

(Conclusion on top instead of at bottom)

It does seem that the most likely scenario here is that the OP and her grandmother were simply mistaken as to what it was they thought they were reading on the FOX News ticker - HOWEVER:

Upon Information at belief:

No one seems to have uncovered evidence for ANY ticker line from the appropriate time period that could readily account for such a mis-read. Yes, there has been speculation involving news stories from the approximate time frame which discussed what al Qaeda might do if Bin Laden was killed, but I did not see anyone state that they had actually seen such words appear in a news ticker crawl, and, despite the fact that several people have been unsuccessfully searching online sources for evidence of the OP's alleged ticker, no one has reported finding any other ticker lines that might have been misconstrued in the manner under discussion

and then

FURTHERMORE, if there had been a ticker on FOX News that was worded in such a way that could be so readily misconstrued by the OP and her grandmother, it seems likely that a large number of other people would have made the same mistake. Thus, we should be just as likely to find some evidence for a "collective mis-read" as we would for mass reports of the genuine article.

The following would be considered - some screen - after as sort of kinda like addministrative sort of post - IMHO

In other words, at this point there doesn't seem to be any definitive evidence for either the ticker line as reported by the OP and her grandmother, or for a similar-but-different ticker line as required for the mis-reading hypothesis. No amount of speculation or personality bashing is going to resolve this issue, but pending more solid evidence for a mundane explanation let me just say that....

And Then - we have the following:

I'm frankly quite surprised that no one in this forum has considered the possibility that the OP and her grandmother were involved in a time slip experience of some sort. All the signs of such an occurrence are there if you would only read between the lines.

You Folks have got to start paying attention!!! The lies and descption are deep and we are the only one that can call them out!!

Please pay very close attention Folk.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Its on the web

A blog with the photos of the tweet above. Below the photo is my screenie of ubuntu who retweeted and 51 others allegedly retweeted it.

If you google it the only hit regarding Fox announced on April 28th are threads about the OP. Surely someone else saw this....

edit on 8-5-2011 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

and that proves...?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm back. I considered not writing any more, but decided to make another post to clear up some questions. This may or may not be my last post. The drama and the trolling in here is muddling my original point.

Yes, I did make my Twitter profile private. A poster on here had gotten my personal information. I don't feel comfortable with my profile being public at the moment. Enough of you that are on this thread already have seen the proof with your own eyes. There are also screenshots. If need be, at a later date, I may make it public again, but I'm not sure.

About this 4chan business... I don't even know what the heck 4chan is. People here are claiming that I posted about this on there before posting here, and that is simply not true. I've never even been on the website.

Many posters also are claiming that somehow my Twitter account may have been hacked or tampered with. I am still actively using the account today, and I can assure you it has never been hacked. The tweets on there are things I, myself, have written. Also, someone on here posted that they had reported a hacking of my account to Twitter. If, in fact, this is true, you need to contact Twitter again and tell them you were mistaken, because if my Twitter account gets shut down because you didn't read all of my posts and understand that I had never been hacked, I'll find that quite upsetting.

Also, I see a few people claiming I must be psychic... Nothing could be farther from the truth. I wish I was psychic! But I'm not in any sense.

MANY people on this thread are insisting that I misread the ticker. Twice. I assume that those of you claiming that would also be claiming that my grandmother ALSO happened to misread it. So three times it was misread? I think not. I'm confident in what I read.

The ticker aired on the news the evening of April 28th, sometime between 6:30pm and 8pm PACIFIC TIME. I was in Arizona that night, and that state is on US west coast time. So if you're looking for videos of the Fox News show that the ticker was on, look for videos that ran the evening of the 28th of April, on the US west coast.

I came here for the sole reason of getting this info out. A crazy amount of the posters in this thread are trying to get it off-topic, and are trying to discredit me. At this point, 50-some pages into the thread, many seem to be missing the point... I tweeted a time/date-stamped tweet on April 28th. You can contact Twitter and ask if it is in any way possible to change the time or date stamp of a tweet. It isn't possible, to the best of my knowledge, but for those of you who are intent on trying to prove me a liar, be my guest.

I hope that someone can find a video of the ticker. I, myself, have been checking even April 27th, the day prior to my tweet, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm not sure what else to do. I feel like the footage may have been pulled.

If those who doubt me can contact Twitter to learn that the time & datestamps cannot be tampered with, it doesn't really matter then if we have the tape of the ticker or not, because my tweet will stand as the evidence. Does that make sense? Verify it's legitimacy. I welcome it, if it'll make you all stop calling me a liar and a hack.

I have responded to a few of you on Twitter. i am both the OP of the original post, as well as the operator of the @megneverlands Twitter account.

I hope that clears everything up. I am going to bed soon. Like I said earlier, I may or may not post again. I've been very busy and you guys can be quite difficult.

Goodnight

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I AM So Sorry Folk, I Meant to Reply to Gobon NOT incrediblelousminds- Please forgive me - I screw---- I admit it

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
megneverlands,

Well, I hope you do post again. It was a very interesting bit of info that you passed along, and if anything else comes up, by all means post it.

Just ignore all the 'trolling' or whatever it is currently that is getting this thread bogged down. You may want to try and contact Fox news or the like, to see if anything comes up?

You sound very confident in what you saw, so as of right now I feel you saw what you said you saw and are not mistaken, however, I am open either way.

thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you Meg, for returning and responding again. I would love to see you post more, but understand if you choose not to do so.

Thank you for trying to get the word out about what you saw.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm going to repeat my question, because someone out there must know:

If she saw this on the 28th, then why didn't she post the picture till now? Is there any time stamp on the picture?

Iow, where did that screen shot of the reporter and the crawl come from?

edit on 8-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join