It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is mikey84 the only guy here with a brain. Unbelievable people are still chasing this

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Technically you are correct, it is not proven inthread Twitter cannot be hacked.

I do not believe, based on everything thus far, meg's has been, and she herself claims it has not been, but of course would consider proof to the contrary if any happens to surface.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

It's clear that the OP either misread or it was a ticker mistake related to the other OBL stories that day (which there were).

No, it's not 'clear'. That is an interpretation, and a possible one. But until we see evidence of the ticker saying something supporting your theory, it is still just a theory. TO claim your theory conclusively holds any more weight tan any of the other possibilities is inaccurate. The blind dismissal is egotistical.

I, for one, am interested in this, and think it's worth keeping an eye on. Maybe it's an elaborate hoax, maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's real. None of those are 'clear' yet.
edit on 8-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

This thread does so have proof, it has more "proof" than most threads started here. The "proof" is her twitter account. The thread discusses it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Oh...I'm sure it could be hacked. But the post I was replying to was about changing the time on the posters computer and that affecting the time the post shows as. I looked back but couldn't find definitive discussion on it, but I'm fairly certain we did talk about it.

The OP just to me doesn't seem like the type to hack twitter and then post here just for attention.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
Earlier on in this thread someone stumbled across a news story from the 28th via AFP that referred to the his death however i have not seen this mentioned again, is there some reason for this?

Here is the link to the article in question:

www.google.com...

Ive also embedded an image of the page, just incase it gets taken down...

Much Love
edit on 8/5/11 by HumanPLC because: added image of page/link

This could not have been written on April 28th. The stock markets that they are talking about happened Monday, May 2nd. For example, the CAC 40 index closed at 4108.77 on May 2nd.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhino5

Please stop reposting this and link to the other thread on the subject that has been posted for you at least once, as well as multiple times by the original poster of that information in this thread.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by megneverlands

Let's blow up the story of Obama Birth Certificate again and see what kind of ridiculous smoke screen they are going to release.

I think this is going to be very interesting.,.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Oh...I'm sure it could be hacked. But the post I was replying to was about changing the time on the posters computer and that affecting the time the post shows as. I looked back but couldn't find definitive discussion on it, but I'm fairly certain we did talk about it.

The OP just to me doesn't seem like the type to hack twitter and then post here just for attention.

Not necessarily even a hack. Maybe just a security hole.

The post you responded to mentions mobile devices and cell towers. APIs used by apps are tested but sometimes exposures get through. The whole world of mobile and smart devices has boomed rapidly, and it's highly likely both that there are security exposures (even Windows has those...hence so many of your updates...all applications and their interfaces do) and that people have found these holes.

Originally posted by polysynth12
Hey guys you've been had. Twitter dates are easy to spoof. If you tweet from a mobile device you just need to change the date on the phone and tweet. Typically you'll first have to change the settings on the device that syncs your time with the cell tower then change the date to whatever you wish. I've done it before. Some apps ignore tweets like this, others let it through. I bet you can do the same on windows by changing Operating systems date.

This thread is a waste of time.

We're not here to judge or feel anything for the OP, just for the information presented. There is a piece of alleged evidence where there is still the possibility that something went awry (intentionally or not, by the poster or not) and no one is saying definitively that she was even the one who perpetrated anything or is being false about what she saw. Although to be brutally honest, that is still also a possibility..

In addition to all this, there is absolutely no corroborating proof of what she saw. So far.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
i'm sorry to burst everybody's bubble here...but I spent all last night looking for the video...and I'm still a little zombified from trying to find the video's...

But there isn't a video out there with proof of this ticker...I went through every video from the 28th and even the 29th trying to find anything from the fox news network that actually had the ticker on it...sadly fox takes the ticker out once they archive it on their site...I have no idea why they do this but they just do...

Maybe I overlooked a video or two...but I really didn't pass any up to be honest...and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has gone through most of these vid's...so unless there's something me and these others missed...there is no video proof of the ticker saying this...I still believe she saw what she saw...but proof of this isn't surfacing...and it may even be possible to backdate your twitter tweets even...at this point its just another conspiracy with mostly speculation and little proof...sorry guys

I will also clarify this one last time...as i've done about 4 times so far...Fox News takes out the ticker in all video's they have archived on their site or any of their affiliates on youtube do the same thing...only independently archived video's of fox broadcasts will have the ticker on them...which leaves finding the ticker very very hard...hence why it hasn't been found
edit on 8-5-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

Thanks for doing all that groundwork. You're a star.

With regard to backdating tweets, I can assure you that is absolutely not possible.... It may be if someone can hack the twitter server, but users cannot change the date on their tweets. Just not possible.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Interesting how a new member can have started a new thread with all of their posts being made in that new thread all on the same day they joined ATS. What ever happened to the "20 post minimum" neeed on other thread's before starting one of your own?

My Twitter account proves that I did indeed see it on Fox News back in April, just in case anyone thinks I'm just making this up. ...

Well ... just because you typed some text on the internet saying you saw somthing doesn't mean we all have to believe you. Just visit the Hoax section of this forum. There you will discover lots of claims that say they have videos and pictures and have something that "proves" that they did "indeed see it". Too bad all you have is your 3 sentence tweet.

I could tweet today that Fox news ticker said the White House announces Roswell aliens were real, then wait for the day that actually happens and then say, "See I told everyone I saw it on Fox, just look when I tweeted it!" with out having any proof other then an old tweet. Doesn't prove I saw the ticker, does it?

As a so called journalist I do hope you understand that just because somthing is "said-so" doesn't mean it "is-so". Find the Fox tape, let it be verified, then you will have your story.

Just my opinion.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Personally, I totally believe the OP. Unfortunately, the evidence of the ticker will be gone forever from the Fox archives.

The only way it might be found is if someone recorded the Royal Wedding coverage.
edit on 8-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by Mikey84

This thread does so have proof, it has more "proof" than most threads started here. The "proof" is her twitter account. The thread discusses it.

Have you read the thread? A tweet doesn't prove anything other than a person tweeted something.

There is not one single bit of proof or evidence that has been shown that proves Fox had it on their ticker on the 28th that OBL had been killed. We have one person, ONE person who says they seen it.

Think.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

I agree that it is hard to believe based on the fact that this is on several different forums at this point and noone else is really stating that they too saw the ticker. But why then did she tweet what she did? There just was no point in doing so on that date. What is the motive?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

She sounds sincere. But I've seen people sound sincere before, both online and in real life, and turn out not to be. The right combinations of words and attention to detail...

Again, no aspersions on anyone or anything or anyone s' beliefs here.. I went through the belief moment too in this very thread. But a few things (obviously) kept nagging me.

Also, I view this thread as a positive in general. It has probably opened many, many eyes as to the matter of the discrepancies in the time/date of the raid that need to be proved and added to our arsenal of knowledge.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by Mikey84

Have you read the thread? A tweet doesn't prove anything other than a person tweeted something.

There is not one single bit of proof or evidence that has been shown that proves Fox had it on their ticker on the 28th that OBL had been killed. We have one person, ONE person who says they seen it.

Think.

I am thinking. And I see a person presenting a time-stamped account of something that has yet to be dis-proven. Your total confidence in your conclusion does not appear based on evidence, but just on the strength of your convictions.

Until I see more proof either way, i am going to keep an open, educated mind.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn

I could tweet today that Fox news ticker said the White House announces Roswell aliens were real, then wait for the day that actually happens and then say, "See I told everyone I saw it on Fox, just look when I tweeted it!" with out having any proof other then an old tweet. Doesn't prove I saw the ticker, does it?
Bzzzzzzz

Well, if the White House DID announce that just 3 days after your tweet, then YES, I'd say that would warrant another look.

Why are you comparing apples and oranges.

Why are some of you folks so certain you know the facts of this case when the jury is so clearly still out?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

This horse has been flogged and then some.

No proof and no other witnesses have claimed to have seen this news ticker. And this was supposed to have happened in the run up to the royal wedding, which probably meant a higher than normal viewership.

On April 28th Osama bin Laden was in the news over the threat of a nuke planted to go off IF he was ever killed, and this is surely what the OP saw and tweeted about. The only conclusion we here can arrive at is that the OP was mistaken and then tried to capitalize on that tweet after the story of OBL's death broke on May 1st.

IF Fox News had ran a headline that OBL was dead, there would have been 5,000 ATSers posting about it here, and a million tweets talking about it. Heck, on Sunday when the MSM outlets began their "important announcement to be made at 10:30 PM" drama there were several ATS posts made about that - just the "important breaking news" ticker alone grabbed ATS attention. I just don't see how EVERYONE managed to completely not notice Fox News proclaiming OBL dead during coverage of the royal wedding without one person other than the OP catching it. Let's not forget Media Matters watchdogs everything said and done on Fox News and they too would not have been lapse in this regard.

The only conclusion I can see is that the OP made a mistake about the news ticker when tweeting about it, then a few days later OBL really was killed, which is causing everyone to get all flummoxed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I think that's a reasonable conclusion to come to, but I'm still of the opinion it's worth monitoring until we have actual conclusive evidence one way or another.

Even a clip of those words on the ticker would suffice IMO.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've found this video which is showing as having been uploaded on 28 April 2011.

Title: Osama Bin Laden Celebration. Osama dead.

www.youtube.com...

If this was genuinely uploaded on 28 April, it seems there must have been some news somewhere about his death - BEFORE Obama ordered his murder.
edit on 8-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join