It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by talisman

Thanks! Saturn just mentioned the same thing. Apparently it is possible to alter things after being posted while retaining the original time stamp.

Dammit. This thread is moving too fast. where was that stated?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinkb
guys let it go.. We don't have any real prove Osama wasn't killed when they said he was. Trying to find conspiracy in every single piece of information is just making us look pathetic

I am annoyed when people find conspiracys in nothing (see birthers)

I am probably more annoyed when people see no conspiracy regardless of evidence pointing to one.

Both are equal in my book of ignorance..they do a disservice to actual truthseeking

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by AshleyD

You can change the title of the video whenever you want
the original title of that video may have been something along the lines of "Pakistani dance partys suck" or something like that and then changed it when the offical news came out.

no way of knowing, but since it can be edited whenever, then it doesn't matter.

was about to say the same thing - star to AshleyD though, that video made me laugh :p

link   
reply to post by digitalf

No, the Twitter account did not have it's higher level of privacy when this thread started.

And that last quote was not my opinion, but I think BH already cleared that up.

link   
reply to post by hapablab

DEVGRU
2nd

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe most conspiracy theories are started by the government themselves, keeps ya busy all day long chasing your tails, accomplishing, nothing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Earlier on in this thread someone stumbled across a news story from the 28th via AFP that referred to the his death however i have not seen this mentioned again, is there some reason for this?

Here is the link to the article in question:

www.google.com...

Ive also embedded an image of the page, just incase it gets taken down...

Much Love
edit on 8/5/11 by HumanPLC because: added image of page/link

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I went to the Twitter page and saw nothing of the kind.

Trolling?

BTW

I can go on twitter right now, and say that on April 28th, I saw that Osama had been killed on a Fox ticker.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Elsek because: (no reason given)

It was time stamped on the 28th....hence why he made this post...

Can you go back in time to the 28th to have it say that?

Or is there just some random feature on it where you can do that...I don't use twitter so don't know.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Right here lol:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyways, it looks like we're at a stalemate for now but I still think this thread is darn interesting.

If it was just a case of someone popping up after the fact claiming they saw something, I'd think 'Yeah right. Sure you did.' But the fact there is a record of it predating the official announcement (and the tweet was verified via cache to prove it was not a hack), I'm leaning towards the story at least having some sort of merit.

It's at least out there in the universe somewhere. Not much else we can do, though, without finding the ticker in question. But I do think it is at least interesting since the tweet is shown to be true.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This may sound stupid, but there are FoxNews watchdog groups that monitor them 24/7. Those are some of the videos I reviewed. Due to physical constraints/costs, they cannot post them all online, but I'm sure someone has them and that if this occurred, it can be tracked down. I sent a couple of emails, but thus far have not heard back. Maybe because it's the weekend.
edit on 5/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11

DEVGRU
2nd

Im sorry I dont understand

link   

Originally posted by martinkb
guys let it go.. We don't have any real prove Osama wasn't killed when they said he was. Trying to find conspiracy in every single piece of information is just making us look pathetic

To be fair, they dont do themselves any favours do they? Changing the official story, dumping the body at sea, not releasing the pictures of OBL dead, and even today on the BBC a resident of Abbottabad claims this picture released by the US is actually of a well known neighbour, not OBL.

link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

This may sound stupid, but there are FoxNews watchdog groups that monitor them 24/7. Those are some of the videos I reviewed. Due to physical constraints/costs, they cannot post them all online, but I'm sure someone has them and that if this occurred, it can be tracked down.

That would be awesome I want to see that one again lol.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Here's a very good read for you, it sums things up nicely, in my opinion...

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

I don't believe there is any real difference between the Dems and Reps.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You appear to be referring to a youtube video yet are claiming tweets can be changed?

Is there proof tweets can be changed after the fact? I'm not seeing the evidence.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

In another thread about that article, it was revealed to be from May 2nd. Not sure why that page has a time stamp of April 28th, though. But the other thread explains it better. For some reason, the April 28th date was an error of some kind, from what I understand.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Is that quote from Lucidity's post? I missed that. If so, that explains this to me.

I see it's from here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/8/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Aye sorry about that mis-quote, star to Mikey84 for that ticker observation.
edit on 8-5-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Elsek
I went to the Twitter page and saw nothing of the kind.

Trolling?

BTW

I can go on twitter right now, and say that on April 28th, I saw that Osama had been killed on a Fox ticker.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Elsek because: (no reason given)

It was time stamped on the 28th....hence why he made this post...

Can you go back in time to the 28th to have it say that?

Or is there just some random feature on it where you can do that...I don't use twitter so don't know.

I have been wondering about this as well since I am not a Twitter user. I did some looking around and found a program being talked about (and still available) that lets you basically schedule tweets to go out automatically at a specific date and time.

This is interesting to me because it may not mean anything in regards to the OP, but what about the guy who made mainstream news Tweeting about the operation as it happened. Could this sort of tool be used as misinformation?

SocialOomph Website

link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

No. lol

Apparently YOU TUBE descriptions and titles can be changed.

From what I understand TWEETS cannot. And another member looked up the cache yesterday to show the tweet was legit.

So it is possible the YT video description was later altered. But I am pretty confident the tweet was not.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

From what I've seen, I don't think we can say yet that it was not a hack or hoax.

I don't recall a lot of discussion about it here but have read some things about timestamps and phones and servers and java and PHP and apps and mods and APIs and other interfaces that allow you to set dates and times in certain situations, usually in the future, but who's to say someone didn't find a hole or a hack to modify something on Twitter to set a past date.

This is a bit beyond me technically, but I haven't seen where anyone with this kind of technical knowledge has addressed here.

It's still a possibility.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join