It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by ahmonrarh

I believe the time you are seeing is the time she posted it, but in your time zone

you're right, as is morpheus. i am seeing the time stamp based on my time zone. but with all of us focusing on the 15minutes before that tweet, we may be able to find what made her tweet that message.

so i guess, we need to look at the 15minutes PRIOR to her tweet, with regards to where we are in the world. but focus on FOX news...
edit on 8-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: fox schedules

fox news schedules:

-Fox & Friends (6 a.m. to 9 a.m.): Focusing on the latest news stories of the day with casual, spontaneous dialogue, Gretchen Carlson, Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade provide the perfect mix of chemistry while delivering current events.

-America's Newsroom (9 a.m. to 11 a.m.): Anchored by Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum, this is a hard-news program dissecting the day's top stories with expert reporting and interviews with key newsmakers.

-Happening Now (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.): In this two-hour newscast, anchors Jenna Lee and Jon Scott take you to news when and where it happens with the top stories of the day.

-America Live (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.): Anchored by Megyn Kelly, this program focuses on the top stories of the day, covering breaking news as well as showcasing interviews with key newsmakers and experts offering analysis on the day's events.

edit on 8-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LikeDuhObviously

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

Did you not see this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05b9bd2a4a96.png[/atsimg]

It is there for sure with a correct time stamp. You are looking at the wrong tweets.

I sent a u2u to the OP to see if they would allow me to update their OP with a screen shot for them.

That don't change that I proved they can make posts look older then they are ...
A may 1st tweet has a image that was not on the internet till May 5th ....
edit on 7-5-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

That pic was available May 2, at least you should have checked on the net before coming here and posting:
www.rawstory.com...

And by the way, this is also from May 2: lockerz.com...

You have nothing, i guess you don't get paid this week..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I am glad you are, really. I would not be in that scenario, however. I would have no way of knowing what someone may have up their sleave if they were trying to con someone and I have no way of knowing the outcome of such a con - if one were to take place in a situation like this.

I imagine many other would not be able to know what would happen in the future if something like that were to happen and I think those people would be the ones who would, categorically, be victims.

It isn't too far off topic, really, if it is considered that one poster claimed that the whole thing was a hack job and everyone was comepletely fooled.

I do see your point of view, though mine is a bit different.
edit on 8-5-2011 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wouldn't she have just said that though? When we asked her around what time she saw it, she could have easily said "well, it was at the same time I posted the tweet, or right before it". Why would she give us a one and a half hour window for that evening?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I have to agree that she most likely read only part of the ticker tape....I would think that there would be others out there that saw this to and would be talking about it.....No biggie most likely a honest mistake.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
So IF Twitter megneverlands was in US PTZ when she saw and posted that AND Twitter megneverlands has her time zone set to reflect this same time zone (unanswered thus far by ATS megneverlands) AND therefore 10:30 AM US PT is in fact the proper time zone and timestamp in Twitter, then ATS megneverlands' assertion that the time she saw it was between 6 pm and 8 pm US PT and the time she posted it (within the hour) is false.

Make sense?

Still some benefit of the doubt here. Is there a way to tell what Twitter megneverlands had her time zone set to at the tiem she posted her tweet?
edit on 5/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

That is what could be deduced from all the current information, unless clarification is given by Megneverlands later on.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

On her twitter, she posted this on May 2nd:

Yep. RT @dantaylorjr Both @jeremyscahill & @megneverlands reported on 4/28 Fox News had a ticker reporting OBL was dead. #binladen

She's saying that this person "jeremyscahill" also saw the ticker and reported it on twitter, but I checked his twitter several times and didn't see it. So either she saw it wrong, made it up, or that guy deleted the tweet (is that possible?).

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

Jeremy Scahill is the investigative reporter who wrote the damning BlackWater book. If that's the real Jeremy.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
@megneverlands
Meg
The Fox News ticker is saying Osama bin Laden is dead. No breaking news & no other channels reporting. How odd.
28 Apr via Seesmic for Android
replies ↓

UndeadUsama Undead Usama

@
@megneverlands Fox is just another asset of those imperialist dogs, I'm not dead nor will I ever be. Greetings, Undead Usama
43 minutes ago
»

rsandzdaman richie sanders
@
@megneverlands this is crazy
58 minutes ago
Retweeted by rsalien and 7 others

I went to megneverlands thread to verify that indeed it did have a 4-28 timestamp. I posted that i had verified the date, I returned to twitter to read the posts, looking for discreptancies.,I clicked on the post to get a larger image, the one posted above, it was different then the original, i saved it then began to pursue undead usama via his picture. It lead me to a twitter page belonging to undead usama. it had three pictures of usama and a link to megneverland.

i didn't check out rsalien or the others notified twitter security they were being hacked, returned to ats to alert you to what i had found.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No confirmation from any other sources including fox News itself, I've scanned through virtually all their news feed headlines and ticker headlines, and nothing to the effect "OBL is dead" from April 28. Sorry OP I think you simply misread a ticker headline and tweeted about it without fully reading what the headline was about.

I believe Mikey84 has made the best assesment of this topic, and the ticker headlines were about the "nuclear hellstorm" AQ was threatening to unleash if OBL was killed. It's similar to my earlier assesment that it's a case of the headline reading "IF Osama bin Laden was killed" versus "Osama bin Laden was killed".

It would have been easier to say Fox News made a mistake in their ticker headlines, as they so often do, I just don't see that as the answer to your topic as surely there would have been ATS posters here on April 28 talking about it, or other Twitter users writing about it. Instead all we got was nothing... Of course Fox News also reported that “President Obama Is In Fact Dead”, which didn't garner much talk either. I think most people have simply stopped taking Fox News seriously from all their past biased or wrong headlines.

OSAMA BIN LADEN CELEBRATION IN PAKISTAN ... UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE April 28

Actually ~Lucidity this video is from May 1st. It's embedded in the video; ignore the upload date, because the video itself clearly states "May 1" in the streaming date (use something like grease monkey to view it. Copy the title "OSAMA BIN LADEN CELEBRATION IN PAKISTAN" and search it within YouTube and you'll also see how long ago the video was uploaded - I searched it on Sunday May 08 and 3:30 AM EST and it states the video was uploaded "1 week ago" which matches the video date of having been uploaded May 1st. Someone's screwing with YouTube. Looking more like some real dis-info agents are attempting to get in on this "OBL died before May 1" conspiracy bandwagon...

Here's the search result for that video showing it was only uploaded one week ago (making it May 1st)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1d74d067bcd.png[/atsimg]

Edit to add:

Meg; question for you is: You wrote "OSAMA" regarding the Fox News headline, but Fox only ever uses the spelling "USAMA". If you were tweeting about this supposed headline you saw, why didn't you write it the way Fox spells it - Usama?
edit on 8-5-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

The picture you are referring to was broadcast on May 2, no? What are you trying to say here? What does this have to do with this thread?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by megneverlands

It just shows you how the media lies....

I could've sworn back in 2002 that Fox News reported an Afghanistan invasion about 1 month before 9/11/2001. I still have yet to find anything online about this....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Jeremy Scahill is the investigative reporter who wrote the damning BlackWater book. If that's the real Jeremy.

checking his page, the only thing i seen(that may be remotely close to our topic) on the 28th was "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" ..but that could've meant anything......
edit on 8-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for the info on that YouTube. I only embedded the video for 00bil, and thought it was nebulous at best, but it's good to know that mystery is solved. Ominous that someone is mucking with YouTube.

I think my assessment that Twitter megneverlands and ATS megneverlands may not be the same person is still in the running too, no? Still an unanswered question or two there.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

That's erm pretty close.

Very interesting.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yep, that's him. His page says "national security reporter for The Nation magazine, author of book on Blackwater." Plus, he has almost 30,000 followers, so I'm pretty sure it's official.

See his page for yourself though. He only has 6 tweets on April 28th and none of them are about Osama, so why would Meg say that he saw and tweeted about the ticker also?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Good question. Unless he did delete it. Guess we'll never know? We could write to him? I'd really hate to think he was hushed up.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

He actually posted that on the 29th, so if he actually saw the same thing the OP did, then why would he wait a day and post such a vague message about osama's death, then forget about it for a few days? Plus, he tweeted on may 1st about Osama's death and was seemingly in shock, so I don't think the "mission accomplished" tweet is relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join