It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This thread in a nutshell (for those who just aren't getting it)

- April 28th: OP sees Fox News ticker reporting Osama Bin Laden had died; Tweets about it.*
- May 1st: Official date of Osama Bin Laden's death.

* Tweets are archived on Twitter servers and timestamped permanently)

link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Obama himself said the raid was carried out on the 1st.

The following are President Barack Obama's remarks, delivered on the night of May 1, 2011, announcing the killing of Osama bin Laden:

Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

Bolding mine..

tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 7/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Thats what i thought i heard!!!!....What the heck is really going on??????????
second line....

link   
reply to post by LosLobos

I don't understand what you are getting at....

How would Megneverlands know that OBL was going to be killed in order to post the original tweet?

After posting the original tweet, days before the information was released, they would then make a fake ticker on a news broadcast to correspond with their original tweet?

Even if this is your idea, how would she have known to tweet the information days before any official or unofficial information of his death was released?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by megneverlands

Originally posted by LosLobos
reply to post by megneverlands

Bottom line...there are people out there who record Fake News 24/7. When I see the ticker I will believe you saw what you saw. Even if you produce the video what makes me believe its not video edited?

Isn't that what conspiracy theorists conclude about everything the government puts out?

I understand the skepticism. I'm a skeptic too.

I wish I had known to record the news that night, but I didn't. I hope someone can find the video WITH tickers so everyone could see what I saw. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm confident I saw what I saw.

Has anyone contacted the other person on Twitter who supposedly saw the ticker I saw too? I haven't contacted him yet, but maybe I should.

I have one other thing to add to this. I was watching Fox & Friends on a Monday morning and only after seeing this thread did I check the calendar and notice it was on the 25th.

At the very end of the show right before they rolled the credits, Steve Doocy made a real quick comment off-topic from what was being talked about. "Beelzebub" is what he said, the credits rolled instantly after he said that. I found it strange for him to say that and have been wondering what it was about until now.
edit on 7-5-2011 by IncognitoGhostman because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

THAT was where/when I heard it. Good find.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Hmm, not saying this is what happened, but it does make me wonder if the President's speech may have been pre-recorded, on the day that he gave the order, or the reports of him (OBL) being killed a week earlier were false.

Seems crazy that they could kill him, get a DNA sample, test it, get the results confirmed and broadcast to the world in the matter of a few hours...
edit on 7-5-2011 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

link   

I was referring to the reason why they would only ticker important news, instead of having the presenter disrupt scheduled broadcasting.

link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I don't understand what you are getting at....

How would Megneverlands know that OBL was going to be killed in order to post the original tweet?

After posting the original tweet, days before the information was released, they would then make a fake ticker on a news broadcast to correspond with their original tweet?

Even if this is your idea, how would she have known to tweet the information days before any official or unofficial information of his death was released?

Just to be clear... I had NO knowledge that OBL was going to be killed (if he even was). I am not an inside source, I don't know any inside sources, I don't work with the government, I'm anything but a psychic, etc. I am just a regular person, who happened to be watching crappy Fox News that night to see the suspicious ticker news, after my grandma alerted me to it. I tweeted about it because I found it very odd. Twitter datestamped, and I'm thankful for that. I don't know what else to say, other than I hope we can find a video of the ticker. I hope it's still around somewhere. Does anyone here Tivo/DVR Fox News?

link   

Originally posted by LosLobos

Bottom line...there are people out there who record Fake News 24/7. When I see the ticker I will believe you saw what you saw. Even if you produce the video what makes me believe its not video edited?

Isn't that what conspiracy theorists conclude about everything the government puts out?

Do you even understand what is going on here? Are you suggesting that it is more likely she can see the future or that she is a super hacker? Cause only one of three things can be possible:

1. She saw the ticker and tweeted it on the 28th

2. She had a vision and tweeted on the 28th blaming it on the ticker.

3. She posted it on or after the 1st, and somehow hacked into twitter to change the post date to the 28th.

Now seriously, which do you think is more likely? Or is it too hard for you to believe the gov or the msm might be lying? Especially considering proof has already been posted here that in the first reports, they said he was killed the week before. Their story has changed so much in the last week, it's really not hard to believe this.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's interesting reading the first few pages and realizing how people don't understand how to navigate twitter.. lol

Nevertheless.. When the osama news was breaking I had read somewhere that he was killed a week prior to the announcement, stands to reason Fox may have gotten wind of it and made a mistake in reporting it on the ticker

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Cool thanks Mikey84 I have it working now I am searching for other tweets that might corroborate her story.

We need more people searching for other Tweets about this on that same day. If we can't find any more posts or tweets or anything then what Mikey84 said might be the correct scenario.

Here is Mikey84's possible explanation....

I think I know how this happened, On April 28th, it was reported (on many news sites) and on the Fox Ticker that they found plans that "Al-Qaeda planned to unleash a nuclear disaster in Europe if Osama Bin Laden Killed"

and "Al Qaeda had hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe that would be detonated if Osama bin Laden was killed"

That was reported on the 28th, and on many stations before (just do a google search realtime and go back to the date and you can see people were talking about it).

So maybe the OP seen the ticker speed past and only caught the end that sayd "Osama Bin Laden Killed" or "Osama Bin Laden was killed" and tweeted about it. Just my thought.

-Alien

link   

Originally posted by EternalThought
I FOUND SOMETHING..

MAYBE!

Go here & share your thoughts!

News Report 4/28 Osama Death?

was posted earlier on this thread, reading the whole articlee it's difficult to say whether it was posted online 28/4

link   
The day 1st "reported"? How different is that from the ACTUAL day he was killed, and then the day or so to DNA verify, and then report the fact to the world? What IS the actual day he was shot, and how long AFTER verifying it was him...was it REPORTED?

I think this is causing the mixup....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by Mikey84

Cool thanks Mikey84 I have it working now I am searching for other tweets that might corroborate her story.

We need more people searching for other Tweets about this on that same day. If we can't find any more posts or tweets or anything then what Mikey84 said might be the correct scenario.

Here is Mikey84's possible explanation....

I think I know how this happened, On April 28th, it was reported (on many news sites) and on the Fox Ticker that they found plans that "Al-Qaeda planned to unleash a nuclear disaster in Europe if Osama Bin Laden Killed"

and "Al Qaeda had hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe that would be detonated if Osama bin Laden was killed"

That was reported on the 28th, and on many stations before (just do a google search realtime and go back to the date and you can see people were talking about it).

So maybe the OP seen the ticker speed past and only caught the end that sayd "Osama Bin Laden Killed" or "Osama Bin Laden was killed" and tweeted about it. Just my thought.

-Alien

thought this was already discounted as the OP read the entire text of the thing twice?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Obama said he authorized it earlier in the day of his announcement. Now which is is? That is the question.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So wait.. If it was the 28th of April that OP tweeted about OBL's death.. Why am I seeing the 29th?

edit on 7-5-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

Where are you seeing the 29th?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Actually, your time stamp on twitter proves nothing. All it proves is that you typed that statement in on that date and time. To bad you don't have more supportive evidence for your claim, like a link to a fox news vidieo showing this. Not saying this didn't happen but you need more conclusive evidence than the feeble amount you present.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join