It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So the OP could be a disinfo agent working AGAINST tptb? I am a bit confused by your post, but it's refreshing to see somebody who can have skepticism of this thread and intelligently construct different scenarios. Thanks for that.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have shared the link to this post on fake book and it's bringing up a 404 in the preview box. its as if fb doesn't want people seeing this thread

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
No one else out there on the Web has made a corroborating claim. You would think plenty of other people would also have commented/tweeted about having seen this headline.

A few pages back:

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
I BELIEVE THIS TO BE TRUE! Okay I know I am opening myself up for criticism left and right, but I saw the same thing as well. Oddest of all, I did not even think about it again until I read this post because I quickly dismissed it thinking "well that must have been some kind of mistake or a prankster working the ticker." I am well aware that the human mind can manufacture memories, however I do not think that this is the case here for me. I NEVER watch anything Fox-related, I refuse and put no credibility in it (another reason I dismissed this), but for some reason a little over a week ago I turned on my TV and sat down with some food and began watching and the TV was tuned to Fox News. It drove me crazy and I looked all over for my remote control but did not feel like getting up and finding it as I was already comfortable where I was sitting with my food in my lap. As I was eating I kept glancing up and indeed along the ticker it did say that Osama Bin Laden had been killed.
According to my recollection, they spelled it Osama bin Laden, not Usama as Fox does now. Now, unless I dreamed this recently and it is still imprinted in my mind, I cannot explain why I remember this so vividly now unless it actually happened. I ALSO remember my thought process, that if it was indeed true then certainly they would be covering the story shortly, if not immediately. They didn't, and I finished eating and changed the channel. I feel like SUCH a tool for not remembering this sooner and connecting it to the recent "Bin Laden is dead" story but, as we can all relate, such things happen when you discredit something in your mind. If it was any channel other than Fox News I would probably have thought more of it, but since I don't believe them anyway, it was easy to ignore. I thought, "well, if that's true, surely I would be hearing about it."
Again, I realize that this opens me up to ridicule, but I felt the need to relate MY recollection of this now that my memory has been jarred. There is substance to what Meg is saying. I do not recall the exact date that this happened to me but as I said, it was a little more than a week ago, which is right in the timeline that Meg is specifying. Now go ahead, rip me to shreds.

That's 2 people, just here.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think it is what you describe, but I also think it is something else.

It may be that different people in different areas saw conflicting information of the story or the story was changed throughout the days following the original release.

I know they claimed the story was changed as more, accurate, information was receive, but could the story have been given in this manner - simply to be sure that the masses were confused and would have a hard time relating and confirmeing anything.

Maybe mass amounts of people having issues with the story would just assume they didn't hear the latest 'truth' and assume what they know is wrong and dismiss it, instead of researching it.

link   
reply to post by 00bil

You're just being silly now, I did the same thing on my facebook account, works fine and I've actually had a few people message me asking questions about it. All it takes is one little flicker of flame to spark a massive fire. Let's keep it going.

link   
reply to post by webpirate

My bad. I'll keep searching...

Thank you for the transcript ( I don't remember who it was, but I clicked on it a few posts ago). I could've sworn he said he had a DNA test done to prove that it was Osama. It's like my husband and I watched a different speech. I could be getting it mixed up with whatever MSNBC was reporting.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Abney

it actually is there if you scroll down to April 28th... I wonder if you are Glenn Beck or Sheperd Smith... Trolling the interwebz to try and deflate any slip ups

link   
I Googled the exact wording from the OP's Twitter message, which led me to a forum in a non-English language. I was able to find many posters also discrediting the OP's Twitter message. I did find a link from a poster on that site to this YouTube video stating bin Laden was killed a week ago, much earlier than the May 1 date.
freak.no...

Fast-forward to 3:38 for a ticker message stating that Osama bin Laden was killed in a special-ops mission "a week ago." The video was uploaded to YouTube on May 2. Perhaps a typo?

edit on 7-5-2011 by MOFreemason because: (no reason given)

link   

Great analysis! She seems to travel a lot. And it says she's a "Writer/journalist...who probably travels too much."

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity

So the OP could be a disinfo agent working AGAINST tptb? I am a bit confused by your post, but it's refreshing to see somebody who can have skepticism of this thread and intelligently construct different scenarios. Thanks for that.

Well, sure, I suppose... but how would it be "disinfo" if fox really put it out?

And if fox didn't....

Then the OP had insider information, which means she some how was connected to TBTB, which would likely implicate her opposite of that "radical" assertion.

link   
reply to post by Perplexity

sadly at 4am only 1 of my fake book friends is online i have posted screenshots but nobody will spot it for another 4 or 5 hours. i like this though, it's really big

link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
In fact Meg's tweets appear so innocuous, about kids, some pop culture, etc., that she appears to be an everyday mom with feet on the earth. Precisely the type of account that would be a perfect dis-info agent! Slip in an occasional dis-info tweet, and it appears all the more valid coming from a normal person going about their normal life. (really again no offense OP, just considering all the scenarios).

True
If we are going to go down the rabbit hole, might as well look at all the tunnels

Who (in high places) would gain by casting doubt on the story then...
Partisan movements?
Corporations?
Outside influences?

An argument could be made for all three for various reasons of course...and of course just someone doing it for the lulz...it could go in many directions, but all directions do seem to lead towards "mystery" anyhow...bound to give us a million threads (I don't think it will trend...if we can't get even ATS to retweet it, chances are, msm will simply ignore it and it will indeed go away)...but meh

At least we can talk about random time shifts then (she travelled ahead for a few moments, seen the ticker, then shot back into our time..)

link   
In the early pages of the thread, someone else had seen it as well in the ticker.

And according to the link concerning markets, they also made a mention of Osama's death on the 28th. So that leads me to believe it is possible this news was already floating around the news.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

hmmm, I am on the East Coast of the USA and it is Saturday night here...

link   

link   
Thank you OP for posting this! I re-tweeted your tweet, and my followers, say it's weird also. I don't know what to think about that, but it is interesting!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's not forget, Fox is the news outlet is stated all along that OBL died in 2001. Source

There was an old thread on this, and I think one from earlier too about this. This has already been discussed on ATS, but is Fox just making it up as they go? Or do they really have some inside information? Maybe they knew he was long dead, but the government was about to "create" this op...they just jumped the gun...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Again, it's very, very interesting that some stations reported he was killed "a week ago." Definately noteworthy and seemingly contradicts what seems to be the "official story" that we got. They all got that somewhere. But where? Therein lies the mystery. Could be as simple as they heard it on another new station or could be more.

All these reports were after the official announcement. A week back from May 2, which appears to be the date of this video, would be April 25. What are the possibilities here? Somehow some news stations go a heads up and were then told to hush it? Something else?

edit on 5/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

reply to post by AshleyD

Yep. If it was laying around somewhere and someone stuck it on the ticker by accident...
edit on 5/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by SaturnFX

We have screenshots

Screenshots mean jack in the age of photoshop...

Someone confirm to me that its just my system thats nerfed and not twitter...starting to get a bit weirded out by this now.

Might be your system. Mine is still showing the time stamps.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

I'm not saying the OP is a dis-info agent, but it's worth considering if you want to be complete in your analysis. There are all sorts of factions and groups around that would distribute "intel" designed to undermine the government. Just being a completist here.

reply to post by nerbot

So why didn't this posted come forward with this earlier? How do we know this person isn't just jumping on a bandwagon? Why didn't some of the Fox News diehards here on ATS make a post about Fox's claim that Osama bin Laden was dead on August 28? I think we can all agree that EVERY scrap of breaking news gets put through the wringer here on ATS.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join