It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can someone tell me what all the ATS rankings mean?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know some of them.

P = Post
F = Flags
S = Stars

But what are the W and the K?




posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
W is how many "wins" you have.. K is how many people want you killed.


Deebo



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA
 


W= WATS (I'm not sure how this is calculated) ... The high the number the more weight you carry on this site.

K= Karma ... it's a simple star-to-post ratio ... A higher star count and a smaller post count together will lead to higher Karma or vice-verse. K of 20 is the mean.

Peace,

AS
edit on 7-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: added



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
W = how many governments are (W)atching you.

K = how many days left until someone (K)ills you.

Try and keep your K's up by posting random crap with no proof or evidence it's the only way...



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Maybe this will help:



Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As many have noticed, a new "KARMA" parameter has been added to the mini-profiles... and perhaps because of some of the comments in this thread, I moved-up the integration plan a bit.

First... the "WATS" score. I know many believe there to be some controversy or at the least, unfairness, in the method of calculation for the "Way Above Top Secret" ranking. The concerns/comments/ideas have not been ignored, but since the intent is to apply a heavy statistical weight to those who start threads, I believe the oft-discussed formula serves that purpose well, but may be refined as a result of the KARMA rank in order to place a much higher value on flags.

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

Okay... I know what you're thinking, "This can be abused." Any system can be gamed in one way or another. However, since the new calculation is based on a combination of factors that includes the input of staff applause, it won't be easy. So enjoy your Karma while it lasts. Tomorrow, a new person may join whose awesomeness whips yer but.
edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
W is how many "wins" you have.. K is how many people want you killed.


Deebo


Wins and Kills? .. I've never asked about the ranks on the left, I knew what some were .. never heard of Wins and Kills lol



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
Maybe this will help:



Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As many have noticed, a new "KARMA" parameter has been added to the mini-profiles... and perhaps because of some of the comments in this thread, I moved-up the integration plan a bit.

First... the "WATS" score. I know many believe there to be some controversy or at the least, unfairness, in the method of calculation for the "Way Above Top Secret" ranking. The concerns/comments/ideas have not been ignored, but since the intent is to apply a heavy statistical weight to those who start threads, I believe the oft-discussed formula serves that purpose well, but may be refined as a result of the KARMA rank in order to place a much higher value on flags.

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

Okay... I know what you're thinking, "This can be abused." Any system can be gamed in one way or another. However, since the new calculation is based on a combination of factors that includes the input of staff applause, it won't be easy. So enjoy your Karma while it lasts. Tomorrow, a new person may join whose awesomeness whips yer but.
edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)



Excellent information.. thanks!



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now can someone tell me why this post makes it to the New Post column and my post about the flood is almost entirely overlooked?

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Now can someone tell me why this post makes it to the New Post column and my post about the flood is almost entirely overlooked?

www.abovetopsecret.com...


That thread is on the Recent Posts page too.



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra
 


But this post is one out of like 8 in the "real time new topics" yet carries no weight.

I can barely find my flood post. I spent a fair amount of time on it and it seems it got censored.



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by Casandra
 


But this post is one out of like 8 in the "real time new topics" yet carries no weight.

I can barely find my flood post. I spent a fair amount of time on it and it seems it got censored.


When someone posts a new comment on your thread it will be a the top of the list again.



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by Casandra
 


But this post is one out of like 8 in the "real time new topics" yet carries no weight.

I can barely find my flood post. I spent a fair amount of time on it and it seems it got censored.


No, it did not get "censored.' Good Lord! "real time new topics" means exactly what it says. IIRC there is only room for about ten, so if the board is really busy your post will stay in new topics only for a few seconds. If you click on the New Topics Firehose this expands the listing beyond the first few. Having said that, I've noticed it's not always accurate, so I think there may be some bugs in the display.

There are also many ways to get to posts. "Recent Posts" is an awfully good way to get the temeprature of the site. If you're infatuated with your own posts, try "MyATS" and click on posts, or click on "Show Ribbon" at the bottom right of most pages, and then on "Posts."



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler
 


Well it didn't get put on the fire-hose even.

Also I noticed that some post stay up even though there are no new replies, and they will say 5 minutes ago.

It's strange how some of my post are easily available and others seem to get hidden or lost in the system,



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I received a message in my ATS inbox one day from a moderator saying
they had awarded me "karma points" for one of my posts. I can't remember
how many points it was. Seems like it was 30 or 40. But I'm pretty sure
karma points are awarded via someone else's opinion of your opinion.
They may have another way of calculating points as for it as well.




top topics



 
1

log in

join