It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes down to it , can you take a life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In a heart beat. No doubt.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

They kill to eat and live. We kill to.........

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a father of three. Mind you, 2 are adults now but to answer the question, yes, I could kill a fellow human. That's why.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
With the right mental conditioning everyone has the ability to take a life.Life feeds on life, it's hardwired in us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would rather starve, die a nightmarishly painful death, then have to live with myself afterwards.
I don't even think I could do it in extreme situations where others peoples lives are on the line. It's just not in me, call me what you will.

Ask me this same question when the store runs out of Kudos bars though, and you will get a much different answer.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i think most people can... it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons. This is where justice, logic and law become important.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by thatonedude

Yup. I could kill no problem. I could even kill if my life was not in immediate jeopardy even. It would not bother me a bit.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Now I want everyone here that thinks that they couldn't take a life no matter the circumstance....to consider

Euthanasia (from the Greek εὐθανασία meaning "good death": εὖ, eu (well or good) + θάνατος, thanatos (death)) refers to the practice of ending a life in a manner which relieves pain and suffering.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Quite simply - YES and wouldn't think twice if I was sure my families life or my own was in imminent danger. If I get hurt or killed, there is no one to protect my family and I pity the person that attempts to do that!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
In a heart beat. No doubt.

This is the truth. All will kill to stay alive. Me? Piano wire garrotte at night or a shiv thrrough the base of the skull. Day time where i couldnt sneak in close would be a trap or bow. To say you wouldn't kill is to deny the reality of man. We always have killed to live another day, always will.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I just wanted to see how many people can actually say they can take a life. I have had this pain in my heart for over two years, I feel that something horrible is about to happen. All the signs are there people. Do you honestly think you can kill someone? I'm not talking about combat in war, I'm talking about someone is trying to take your last bit of food. Can you do it? How would you do it? Bare hands, gun, knife?

P.S

All current and veteran combat military with confirmed kills no need to post

in all honesty, my father was a veteran, and he told me that if I have to kill someone, don't think of it as shooting another person, think of it as putting down a dog, or shooting a coyote. If that helps I don't know, but if I need to shoot someone to survive I won't hesitate.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

dont give em hints like that!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I came across a bit of news on another website the other day, which said a man in Florida asphyxiated "the family goat" while forcing himself on it. (Ya know, frontally). Now I am still traumatized, and enraged. I not only could and would and would looooovvvve to KILL that unfathomably unspeakably abominably demon from the lowest ring of Hell, but I would like to make such as excruciatingly prolonged as you can not want to imagine, starting with forcing him to watch his parts that I removed, being fed to a tank of pirranas. I would make Agent Jack Baur, look like a girlscout selling girlscout cookies. Why can't my government torture and kill -things- like that monster, instead of innocent citizens from another country? (I know, I know, it's because those slimeballs are just as bad.)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is odd, or at least I've always thought it was, and I don't think I'm naïve or psychotic in anyway...but I've always thought (ever since around 9th grade) that I could kill someone relatively easily. Conscious wise, anyway. I am however a moral person (or always try to be) so I would never kill out of fun or even if I wanted/needed something like food. But if it came down to it and I had to take a life - methinks I could. I'd probably choose a gun as well, don't know why on that one. Maybe I'll put a bit more thought in to that one and get back to you because swords and knives are efficient as well. I guess whatever would lessen the length of time they suffered.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have had to chop a perfectly healthy tree down and I felt it. I have had to kill animals and I felt that too. When I kill a human I can only pray that I feel it as well otherwise I am a lost soul.

The answer is yes!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes, I can kill another human being if my life or the life of my loved ones are jeopardized and threatened. I would do it quickly and swiftly and be on my way.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i don't think i could answer this question truthfully because unless i was in the situation i would not know what i am feeling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm glad everyone who wanted to had a chance to put some input in. Truth is I think we are in the begining stages of SHTF scenario. When it comes down to it, survival is the only means. You may not think much of that now but, given the time and place you will do what is needed to survive. Just remember the other guy/gal has just as much as you to lose. Taking a life is never easy and never gets easier. I put this up just to get an understanding of the future battle ground. Hopefully some how some way the world as we know it will change for the better.

Will it though?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I respect your honestly.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"to kill or be killed", So if you deem your own life unimportant, then let the S.O.B. kill you. When it comes down to it, it's going to be all about natural selection. Survival of the fittest my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join