It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes down to it , can you take a life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I just wanted to see how many people can actually say they can take a life. I have had this pain in my heart for over two years, I feel that something horrible is about to happen. All the signs are there people. Do you honestly think you can kill someone? I'm not talking about combat in war, I'm talking about someone is trying to take your last bit of food. Can you do it? How would you do it? Bare hands, gun, knife?

P.S

All current and veteran combat military with confirmed kills no need to post

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
To put it simply...if I deem it necessary in a situation than yes, I KNOW I could take a life. Would I do it without proper reason? No.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'd rather fight and knock the person out.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jrcris2011

Lol thats not the question at hand.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Only in self defense OP, only in self defense. I couldn't see myself killing in order to steal from their corpse. I couldn't bring myself to do that.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrcris2011
I'd rather fight and knock the person out.
That will get you killed in a shtf situation.

EDIT:

P.S

All current and veteran combat military with confirmed kills no need to post
I thought that the above needed to be said.
edit on 7-5-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Self defense killing is reasonable. We are the only species on earth that kill each other constantly.

link   

When it comes down to it , can you take a life?

How does anyone know unless they have already done so?
To speculate is not to know...

link   

Originally posted by Elsek
To put it simply...if I deem it necessary in a situation than yes, I KNOW I could take a life. Would I do it without proper reason? No.

exactly. must be justified in all accords. that being said i'm not anticipating to kill someone.
I could probably avoid the situation altogether.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it depends entirely on the situation...but if need be for a gun then yes I would go for the kill shot without hesitation if I thought myself or others were in harms way

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If I am honest I have no idea... I really do not know if I could...

I have pondered this many times and wonder if my hesitation to answer such a question is genetic???? My families service in the military has always been along the lines of battlefield medic/doctor/engineer etc.
edit on 7/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We not have 6.5 Billion people on the planet if many couldn't.

I believe there is a situation and circumstances for each and every one of us that would cause us to kill.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

we should keep in mind that given the proper circumstances, most anyone is capable of most anything. people driven to the edge will not be as rational and calm as a person out sailing on the bay.

if we go by the frequent comments posted on most websites by Internet Tough Guys there should be bodies all over the streets. people make some crazy statements.

for some people it's not a question of whether or not they can take a life. for some people it is a struggle every day not to kill. not every serial killer lives out the dream. there are all sorts out there.

me, i hope i get through this life without killing or even hurting anyone. i don't even want to hurt peoples feelings; who the hell am i to take the sunshine out of someone elses day? live and let live. but its so hard. trying to live a good life is incredibly hard.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
anyone who says they can i just dont know.

the only way any will ever know is when they are put in a life and death situtation.

if your talking about a survival situation the best option is to run away and live to fight another day

however thats not always possible.

i am not going to sit here and act all billy be azz i have no idea until i will face it.

kill or be killed.
edit on 7-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

To speculate is not to know...

i 'm totaly agree with you, we can imagine but when you have to face it, it's a different situation...and i dont need this kind of life i prefer to die and not watch human race acting like this.
edit on 7-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, if necessary I could.
How do I know? Because I was once put in a position of almost having to kill someone. On the phone with 911, the police were telling me, "You have the right to defend yourself" and my gun in the other hand. At first i was panicking, I really did not want to kill him; however, he had threatened me before and I realized that I could not let him come within reach of me. I calmed down and had come to the decision that if he came into the room I was in, I would have to shoot him. Luckily he left and i didn't have to shoot him, but I was ready to and at that point, knew I would be able to do it.
It is hard to tell how you will react under a stressful situation: however, when things come down to a point of knowing it is your life or theirs, the decision becomes much easier.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I disagree with you. I have never killed a person nor do I want to but I know that I could do it.

Now could I live with the grief, and guilt for the rest of my life? That is a tough one.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No.

You shouldn't treat any other living creature with any less respect than you demand yourself.

no matter how scared of them you are.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrcris2011
reply to post by Lionhearte

Self defense killing is reasonable. We are the only species on earth that kill each other constantly.

you might find there is incredible amounts of killing amongst wildlife, constantly. check out Animal Planet channel or watch a few good nature documentaries. killing is part of living, animals have to eat.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

your not the first and you wont be the last and thats cool

as a civilzed country or world we are brought up with the respect for other life ok well that hasnt turned out so well.

but for many people ending another life might be a problem.

thats all i am saying.

if your prepared then great if not theres no problem with that either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join