It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change-ocalypse! Just using 2010-2011 U.S. as sample

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, in the last year, we've had...

- one of the coldest winters in US history (I recall, posting myself in someone else' thread that a city in Oklahoma recorded its coldest temp on record, since record keeping began, by 3' whole degrees!)

- already off to one of the driest summers on record - where I live in Austin, TX, Lake Travis, our 'barometer' for how things are going, is already 60' below 'normal' levels, and this is a # normally discussed/worried about at the the end of August. Nevermind, the fact that Texas has also experienced RECORD wildfire activity - saw a stat on CNN two weeks ago that said 252 of 254 counties were on fire(!).

- More flooding along the Mississippi than I ever remember - from the gulf all the way up into the top states bordering Canada - and, they say expect more/worse over next 3 weeks before any relief.

- Tornados are off the charts - a few days ago, the report was '2nd worst outbreak' in our nation's history. How far off is this latest rash from the top spot?

1) Where are all my climate change hoax people? Do do they still exist?

2) What other anomalous weather/climate activity did I forget?

3) Is this similar to what other countries/continents are experiencing?

edit on 5/7/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is the one that got to me:

Taken from:

2000 vs 2010: How the World has Changed

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
2010 was the hottest summer on record - multiple sources

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
35-year-old record for Tornadoes in a single day, smashed by 50% (226 vs. 148) - source

With May and June typically being the most active months of the year for severe weather, people are wondering if the trend will continue and make 2011 a record-setting year. - source

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Mississippi River Floods 2011: Deep South Braces For Surge Of Water Not Seen Since 1927"
- source (report over a week old! it's already gotten worse - the blown levee, for example)

edit on 5/7/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Oh, crap - Mods, can you move to Fragile Earth.

(sorry, thx)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
This is the one that got to me:

Taken from:

2000 vs 2010: How the World has Changed

That is outright scary. Had never see that. Excellent FB material! Ty. *'d

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

It most certainly is freaky.

I see no good reason to think that things will get better....just because, LOL!

Nope, I'm fairly certain that the disasters will just keep on piling up, until eventually civilization as we know it starts to crumble, and then MAD MAX!!

So get drunk, get laid, and enjoy the show while you still have a good view.

It's not as if the majority of people have a clue how to steer civilization onto a more sustainable path.

20% ?! Ya maybe, but it's just not enough.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So get drunk, get laid, and enjoy the show while you still have a good view.

With ya there, brother.

Best advice, really for anyone.
edit on 5/8/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Confirmed CNN, just now. By TOMORROW, the flooding by the Mississippi will be the worst in recorded history.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Headline News / Robin Meade (hubba) reporting worst allergy season on record!

Lmao - it never ends.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Largest wildfire (in terms of square miles torched) EVER in Arizona.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
- Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Alaska

- Levee just gave way in Brownville, Nebraska (that now threatens a Nuclear Plant a la Fukishima), fur to flooding by the Missouri river (now)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Scrolling across CNN ticker, currently: "Record Temperatures seen as heat wave plagues 15 states."

Any bets as to [s]weather[/s], er... whether or not, this upcoming winter will also be producing record lows, again?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

That number has now been increased to 28 states.

Hey, Phage... if you've made it over here yet (or, anyone) wanna wager that the upcoming [2011] winter will set more records? (in terms of coldest temps on record for US cities)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

He won't.

(or maybe now he will :p )

anyways, just follow my above advice...

the financial system is mere months away from collapsing, and the arctic ice will likely deplete to such an extent that run away positive feed back mechanisms will cause the extinction of our species....relatively soon.

so yeah: have some fun

edit on 12-7-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"Under the Heat Dome" and, "Hell on Earth"

HALF of U.S. population affected by extreme heat. Heat advisories in effect for 32 states.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Things are getting pretty crazy. I live in Houston, Texas and we are seeing record high temps and record long droughts. I forget the exact numbers that were on the news a week or so ago, but it was roughly (give or take 10 days):
days since 1/4 inch of rain: 85
days since 1/2 inch of rain: 160

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Denali

News today, directly from the Weather Channel...

Northeast Heat: Rewriting the Record Books
by Tim Ballisty, Editorial Meteorologist

Updated: July 24, 2011 8:45 am ET

We're taking a look at the numerous heat records broken on Friday and Saturday across the Northeast region. 

Friday Highlights

Newark, NJ: New all-time record high of 108 degrees. Breaks old all-time record of 105 degrees set on August 9, 2001.

New York, NY: Central Park topped out at 104 degrees. Second hottest temperature on record. Hottest temperature since 1977.

Dulles International Airport, VA (IAD): New all-time record high of 105 degrees. This breaks the old all-time record high of 104 set back in 1988 and 1983.

Baltimore, MD: Daily record high of 106 degrees. All-time record high is 107 degrees set on July 10, 1936.

Trenton, NJ: Daily record high of 106 degrees.

Philadelphia, PA: Daily record high of 103 degrees.

Atlantic City, NJ: Daily record high of 105 degrees. Old record high for July 22 was 98 degrees set in 1998. Second hottest day on record. Max heat index of 120 degrees. Hottest temperature recorded since 1969.

Boston, MA: Tied for 2nd highest temperature on record at 103 degrees. Hottest day in exactly 85 years!

Washington, DC: No daily record high set. However, peak heat index of 121 degrees.

Hartford, CT: New all-time record high of 103 degrees.

Saturday Highlights

Newark, NJ: New daily record of 102 degrees breaks old record of 100 degrees for the date.

New York, NY: Central Park topped out at 100 degrees toppling the old record of 99 degrees set in 1991.

JFK Int'l Airport: New record high of 102 degrees beating the old record of 100 set in 1972.

Islip, NY: New daily record of 99 degrees breaks the old record of 97 degrees set in 1991.

Philadelphia, PA: New daily record high of 101 degrees.

Dulles International Airport, VA (IAD): Ties record high for the date of 99 degrees.

Baltimore, MD: Ties the daily record high of 102 degrees.

Trenton, NJ: Soars to 104 degrees. Smashes the old record of 99 degrees set in 1991.

Atlantic City, NJ: Peak temperature of 105 degrees. Ties for second hottest day on record which was set the day before on Friday.

Washington, DC: New daily record high of 102 degrees.

Reading, PA: 100 degrees. Beats the old record for the day of 99 degrees set in 1991 by 1 degree.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw this in... People complain about high heat here in Western NY. In the past week we have averaged 100 in the Heat Index and about 95 in actual temp. I absolutely love it! My family moved from Italy here and its very easy for me to love this weather, I am BUILT for it!. Anyways... Other than that I just gave you some stars and flags for bringing this us

top topics

<<   2 >>

join