It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion - Fight or Flee?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This idea of being incapable of harming aliens is really surprising. Even with all of our technology, a snake bite in the woods can still kill us.

Every technology has a weakness and can be deactivated. Or, as we've seen in our past struggles, you raid the enemy and then use their tech against them (i.e. many Native Americans were using guns, not bows, against the U.S. troops).

This stuff we are speculating about is on a whole different level to that though, this is big... BIG!

It could be a mistake to rely on the enemy (invading ETs in this case) to make a mistake or overlook something. If that is our whole game plan, if it fails we're screwed. Hollywood seems to think it makes a good movie if aliens were to attack us rather conventionally, and it does, but I doubt that would happen like that in reality.

The aliens in Battle:LA based their entire invasion (with rather conventional weapons) from one command center easily within reach of our weapons... fail.

The aliens in Independence day utilize windows 95 apparently to control their mothership... fail.

The aliens in War of the Worlds had been studying us for years, but had never heard of pathogens... fail.

Unless the invading extraterrestrials are just utterly stupid, but somehow still gained the ability to travel between stars, they will probably think of a more efficient way to take care of us. We are here stuck on Earth and can only defend, while an interstellar race has access to all kinds of rare resources and the ability to strike us at their leisure.

All it would take is one Armageddon capable warhead traveling in from space at a significant velocity (which is easy to accumulate in the vacuum of space, as you probably know) and we would be unable to intercept it, they would be able to release it far out of range from any possible Earthly interceptor weapons as well.

We are a big blue target with inward facing weapons capable of destroying ourselves all on our own. If advanced alien civs cannot manage to destroy us, they must be the stupidest aliens to ever grace the beautiful fabric of the universe.

If we want to fight them, we will have to get off our butts and start making some seriously advanced planetary defenses.

If we want to flee, we will have to get off our butts and start making some seriously fast interstellar ships.

Among other things.
edit on 13-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Currently watching this.....interesting to hear the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs have plans in place for first contact.......or is this just a story?

anyway will carry on watching

....great..it's turned into Mars Attacks!

edit on 16-5-2011 by frozenP because: update

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If it is the alien aim to kill all humans then, rest assured i will also be dead. The only thing to choose here is how i die. Do i want a death as a result of frightening alien experimentation/tentacles etc or do i do it myself.

I will choose to die myself ;save myself the agony of confronting a horrible/terrifying alien life form.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgrayfish115
I think I would flee with a few other people. People with good genes, equal levels of male/female. And just start all over in space. When the aliens have won the war, return, plant plants, raise animals. Relive civilization.

Its still the year 2011 last I checked.
Do you have technology I have not heard of yet?
Where's your space ship? How are you leaving the planet to return at a safer time? Where ya gonna go?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
With their technology being superior to ours I would probably flee to the hills and pray, but fight if (when) they finally caught up with me.

But then again what is it they want? Kill us and take our planet? Eat us? Forcibly cleanse and renew our gene pool like we do breeding new and better types of cattle and dogs? With a whole universe out there to choose from, aliens that could make it to Earth would be foolish for deciding to go to the trouble of taking what we have. The scenario that makes the most sense is they want the human species as slave labor on this and other worlds.

Of course if they came to free us from our world governments in a wildly improbable (and undeserved) act of pity for how we've mucked things up then maybe I would fight for them and not against.
But who could even say if we could trust them?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How could anyone determine whatever we should fight or flee? NO ONE knows what kind of technology or mission they have. If they're friendly we should be open for whatever they can teach us, If they have bad intensions, we would fight back. And not because we rather wan't to but because it's in our nature.

And if we should even thinking about flee. And the E.T's do have spaceships with the big guns. Where would we flee?

Why all the hype around an evil invasion? We KNOW that they were here and build the pyramids of egypt. We know that they are the ''real'' Gods of the ancient egypt. If they had bad intensions we wouldn't be here!

Maybe we should look to the past, beyond the official story of the egyptians and the slaves who where to carry this giant blocks and place them perfectly in order.

Think for yourself, they have been here a long time ago. Maybe they died with the ancient egypt? Maybe they're still here? Maybe they're watching us from the far..

All we can do is wait.. And see for ourself and with our OWN EYES..

Talk soon my fellow ATS brothers and sisters!

( Sorry for the off-topic post this evolved to)
edit on 4-6-2011 by NorwegianTruthHunter because: apology

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In this scenario I would choose flight at first hiding with those who were around me before this scenario occured (considering they could keep up with everything going on) after i would most likely run into others and their experiences with what was going on. What if there were two sides to the alien races and one of them were actually trying to side with the human cause? but no matter what i would choose flight at first until fining out what was actually going on

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The most likely response is the third one, perish without warning or chance of response.

It all depends what the aliens want. If they just want the mineral resources of the planet then they don't have to worry about us much. A few large asteroids nudged our way would put us back to the stone age. They could turn up later and finish the rest of us off with disease and targeted bombardments.

A resistance/insurgency is a romantic idea. However, insurgency works when there is a population for the insurgents to hide within and the opposing force is somewhat morally constrained. If the opposing force is bent purely on extermination and has no restraint/limitations your insurgency will be short lived.

The only way we could have a chance is if they wanted to keep us around to use for something, or they wanted the biosphere intact for some reason. That would set some constraints on them that we could work within.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think I would just stay at home and hide out and try to find as much information about them as I could. I certainly wouldn't run out and try to poke one of them with stick.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Some of u guys mad we won't fight the aliens?

Yep, you so mad.

Plan looked better on paper, now did it?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
The most likely response is the third one, perish without warning or chance of response.

Exactly, if aliens wanted us dead, we would be killed likely without having any knowledge of their existence. They could easily wipe us out from orbit, or create a deadly plague etc. To think that humans would even have a chance of defending themselves against interstellar travelers seems pretty silly to me. But for the sake of argument, and to answer the OP's question, I would first flee to join up with a group of resistance fighters, then we would take on the aliens and kick ass!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This idea of being incapable of harming aliens is really surprising. Even with all of our technology, a snake bite in the woods can still kill us.

That is true but I think your comparison is too small on scale. Sure, a snake bite may kill an individual but one snake's fangs are no threat to a stealth bomber or aircraft carrier.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join