It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Death...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
First off I'm not a religious man whatsoever, nor do I believe in the heavens, hell, yada yada, etc etc.

I have been pondering Life after Death "scenarios" per-say very recently in my life and it has come to my attention that I lean toward a particular "want".

Basically after I die I don't want to go to heaven, or hell, or anywhere like that. Instead, I'd like to go everywhere. I want to, when I die of course, travel new lands, planets, universes, and even people, all created from my imagination and places I've been to, seen, or learned about.

Of course I want to be aware of this experience and be able to have whatever happen, whenever on my command...forever. Its the ultimate "heaven" experience and it sound Utopian in theory of course.

Now I have to think of the practicality of this happening... technically when you die, you lose all brain functions, controlling your entire body, including dreams. It would be my hope that somehow, someway, your awareness is left behind to ponder anything you like.

To me its as practical as a God/Omniscient being, creating the heavens, earth, and the universe.

For as long as I live this is my true hope, and I can't wait to explore the world to hopefully get a great image or idea of what I want to do with my "life"
, dead.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
wow.......now you have me REALLY wanting that.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It can probably only happen in our "dreams" though

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My friend, death is what you want it to be. Some people will see their savior, some people will see darkness. This is my true belief, you will experience what you wish to experience. As the death of consciousness is impossible in our state of understanding towards the laws of physics.
Cogito ergo sum

Good Day.

edit on 7-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This sounds like you really want to experience that. Well, my opinion is that I don't have a clear opinion on what happens to you when you die, only I know that you are eaten by worms (in some cases).

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i clinically died in hospital around the time of the mumbai terrorists attacks, the moment the heart monitor did that one long beep, my "soul" i'll call it travelled up into the ceiling, basically swirled up into it, it was very cold. once I went through the ceiling, I woke up in a different hospital. that's what I remember. death isn't as amazing as you'd think, it's very cold and quick. rapid thinking, even though I shouldn't have been, because I was dead. lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

There are two main strands of research: one takes the psychological approach, which looks for reasons for human beings to behave the way they do, and to think and possibly to hallucinate the way they do. The other is the straightforward physiological approach, which is searching for that part of the brain which malfunctions and causes a NDE. Increasingly, as in all brain research, not just that connected with NDEs, the two approaches overlap.

Explaining Near Death Experiences

I don't really believe that what you experienced was what is considered an OBE, but instead a phenomena best explainged scientifically. I want to know what happens when you truly die.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbidness

Oh yes its definitely what I really want, I've contemplated the idea for months now, thinking about at hours at a time.

join