It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Global Elite decided to Invade Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This was a story posted on Russia Today:

Some believe it is about protecting civilians, others say it is about oil, but some are convinced intervention in Libya is all about Gaddafi’s plan to introduce the gold dinar, a single African currency made from gold, a true sharing of the wealth.

Gaddafi did not give up. In the months leading up to the military intervention, he called on African and Muslim nations to join together to create this new currency that would rival the dollar and euro. They would sell oil and other resources around the world only for gold dinars.

It is an idea that would shift the economic balance of the world.

A country’s wealth would depend on how much gold it had and not how many dollars it traded. And Libya has 144 tons of gold. The UK, for example, has twice as much, but ten times the population.

“If Gaddafi had an intent to try to re-price his oil or whatever else the country was selling on the global market and accept something else as a currency or maybe launch a gold dinar currency, any move such as that would certainly not be welcomed by the power elite today, who are responsible for controlling the world’s central banks,” says Anthony Wile, founder and chief editor of the Daily Bell.

Full story here

We can see that Gaddafi, despite that fact that he IS a megalomaniac mass murder who deserves no sympathy from anyone whatsoever, was onto something here. A new gold currency would completly destabilize the world economy. Suddenly, the value of paper money, the means which the banks and the global elite rule the world, would decrease significantly.

As such, we it is easy to believe that the Global Elite, under the cover of NATO and the UN, decided to use the ongoing unrest to their advantage to oust and get rid of Gaddafi, assuming of course, they didn't instigate the unrest themselves.

Discuss.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Oberlin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good find; it's logic!

"Follow the gold!"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Related video here:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Gaddafi was onto something here. I always find it stupid, that I walk into a shop get my stuff and hand the cashier a piece of paper with the queen on it. insane.

Just to add, I had a dream the other night were Gaddafi was killed and the Libyan military went apes*** and used chemical weapons on the population.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Great find! A simple, but ingenious plan to bring down the fiat currencies of major world players. Just think of what would happen if all the oil producing countries began operating this way? The attack on Libya never made sense to me, or why the MSM has virtually gone silent on the whole affair. Now, I know why. Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Funny you say that. Here's something from the article:

In 2000, Saddam Hussein announced Iraqi oil would be traded in euros, not dollars. Some say sanctions and an invasion followed because the Americans were desperate to prevent OPEC from transferring oil trading in all its member countries to the euro.

Apparently, when people say that we invaded Iraq for the oil, they're half right.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I knew this was all a well calculated plan from the get go. If you look up the living conditions the Libyan people enjoyed it was quite something. Universal healthcare(if a libyan was injured and required surgery overseas, the government payed for it), no taxes on food, subsidized housing, interest free housing loans, someone opeing up a business would get a one time payment of 20,000(man if only my country offered me 20,000 to start a business and didn't have me pay it back), the citizens get money deposited into their bank accounts from oil exports, free farm land for farmers. The great manmade water system that will give libyans free drinking water for 50,000 years and will turn the desert sands into a fertile farmland.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Oberlin

Basically the idea kennedy had, issuing out silver backed dollars. I am not the greates friend of a currency backed by gold or silver. It either limits growth or we all accept hyperinflation. IMO tying the currency to a countries economy along with a basket of goods, is a better solution.

HOWEVER the current system punishes the population for growing their internal economy. Each time new money needs to be issued, to account for more goods and services avaiable, so that 1 dollar wont buy a house, the money is issued at an interest and the debt slapped on the population. The only way to get out of it, is to export like crazy and only a handfull of countries can do that.

That is not cool. An indipendent body should assess the growth of a countries economy and issue and retract currency to account for it accordingly.

With all that being said, a currency backed by tangible assets would be the best weapon against the banksters. HOWEVER a whole lot of countries would have to jump aboard, if a couple of contries do it, then you more or less hand out gold. Then you have people sitting on their gold. Do you think they will pay their bread in gold dinars if they can help it? More then likely theyll try to get their hands on paper money and spend that as long as somebody accepts it.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Can anyone honestly say they know why the hell Gold is so God damned important???

I mean, if you were stranded on an island would you really need GOLD?!?!?!?
Can you eat GOLD?!?!?!
Can you even start a fire with GOLD!?!?!?!?

IT'S FRIGGIN SHINEY!!!!!!!
SO GODDAMNED WHAT!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHH!!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Good to see this topic come up again, there are a couple of threads already along these lines.

2 good articles to read are here:

Libya, All About Oil, or All About Banking

and

The Lies Behind the Wests War on Libya

Edit to add:

No surprise then that on 16-17 December 2010, the Africans unanimously rejected attempts by Western countries to join the African Monetary Fund, saying it was open only to African nations.

African Monetary Fund, African Central Bank, African Investment Bank
The US$30 billion frozen by Mr Obama belong to the Libyan Central Bank and had been earmarked as the Libyan contribution to three key projects which would add the finishing touches to the African federation – the African Investment Bank in Syrte, Libya, the establishment in 2011 of the African Monetary Fund to be based in Yaounde with a US$42 billion capital fund and the Abuja-based African Central Bank in Nigeria which when it starts printing African money will ring the death knell for the CFA franc through which Paris has been able to maintain its hold on some African countries for the last fifty years. It is easy to understand the French wrath against Gaddafi.

It was easier to see why France were playing such a prominent role here in Libys, as say opposed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ukWolf because: as stated above

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That is an interesting story.
The timing is perfect.
I had doubt thinking about the oil (diesel)
but this whole story make sense.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Gold is very important for space travel. Not just for shielding, it is an important component to lubricate the joints of spaceborn machinery. But yes it is hard to develop sympathy for Ghadaffi and if he didnt opress part of lybia Nazi/Soviet style, at the very least he missmanaged parts of the countries he deemed unimportant to the point that the population is willing to join a rebellion in droves.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Popular uprising my a**. Al Qeada is fighting against Gaddafi in Lybia, talk about double standards ??

Anyway, Gaddafi built the Great Rivers Irrigation project without borrowing a dime from the IMF or World Bank.

This is why the west is set to destroy Gaddafi.

He used funds to help other African nations through development initiatives.

With China on one side and Gaddafi on the other the west was losing influence in the African continent.

When you are locked out of the party there is only one way in: WAR.

Key point of recent events in the last 12 months. David Cameron arrives in Egypt before the demonstrations died
down with a posse of British arms dealers... there you have it, the West is the great evil in the world, peddling war, famine, usury and so on.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm. Think about this, if the third world countries and one major power such as China or Russia united, they would be able to overthrow the west, that's why they attacked Libya, if Gadaffi had gotten the whole of Africa to unite, and Africa would make an Alliance with the middle east and China, it would be a huge threat to the NWO, so the bet strategy is to get rid of it before it starts.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Perpetrator

Why do you blame the entirety of the West? It's the Global Elite that's at fault here.

What, I'm responsible for my government deciding to invade a country? Are the British people at fault for this as well? They're already rioting against austerity reforms.

Don't blame everyone. Blame the right people.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Oberlin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join