It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Groundwater Contamination Worst in Nuclear History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What a freakin' mess.

And what really surprises me is that the MSM and the public seem to have completely forgotten this disaster is still one in the making. :shk:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm afraid OBL has diverted everyone's attention away from this. Now it can silently fester into a catastrophe.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the media is intentionally ignoring this ongoing Fukishima Nuclear Disaster, even
to the extent of lies constantly spouting "no different than ordinary background radiation" and
"we all go to the dentist" and "no different than the airport scans". Which is all a load of B.S.

Particle radiation is completely different than background radiation, and that is what they really
dont want people focused on. Its everywhere now, in the water, the air, stuck on things, in the sea.

And there is no undoing it now. The damage has been done, and as you point out,
its not even over yet!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The reason they are ignoring it in the UK is because they want MORE nuclear power!

They also don't want a repeat of a collapse in consumer confidence over farm produce (e.g. milk) as there has been enough of that with BSE and Foot and Mouth.

Foods to avoid:

* Seafood from the North Pacific area
* Milk products (I131)
* Large green leafed foods (lettuce, etc..) - concentrates Cs137

There has been no mention at all about plutonium being detected anywhere; I find it extremely unlikely none escaped considering reactor #3 that exploded was a MOX reactor!
edit on 7-5-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
There has been no mention at all about plutonium being detected anywhere; I find it extremely unlikely none escaped considering reactor #3 that exploded was a MOX reactor!
Did you watch the video? He addresses that, not the plutonium specifically, but what he thinks exploded at #3 and also some alternate theories that readers have sent in. And even considering all of those alternate theories, he still believes that #3 containment is intact.

I think he's one of the most reliable sources of information we've got on this disaster. He's credible, doesn't try to downplay it or do fear mongering, he just tells it like it is and brings in guests who do the same.

It wasn't really hard to guess the groundwater would get contaminated at Fukushima. I've really never seen data on groundwater contamination at Chernobyl, but that can't be a pretty picture either. So until I see specific data on both to decide which is really worse, my guess is they are both pretty bad. Japan kept spraying all that seawater, then freshwater, that probably got contaminated seeped into the ground. But rain at Chernobyl would have carried contamination into the groundwater there, right?

Yes, here's a pdf article explaining groundwater contamination at Chernobyl:
EFFECTS OF THE CHERNOBYL ACCIDENT ON RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION OF GROUNDWATER UTILIZED FOR WATER SUPPLY
That sounds pretty bad to me also.

top topics

join