It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Trump's Presidential Hopes Dashed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In light of recent events the silence from Donald Trump is deafening.

Apparently he has adopted a new slogan:

“You can hide, but you can’t run.”

In the recent weeks leading up the Triple Play by Obama (releasing BC, pwning Trump at WH Correspondent's Dinner, taking out OBL) he was barking like a yappy dog. Now he is conspicuously silent.

He had lamented that he wished President Obama would release his BC and once he did Trump quickly shifted his unfounded attack to Obama's stellar academic credentials. Trump got trounced indirectly by Obama when he referred to the “side show carnival barkers” upon releasing his BC and then directly at WH Correspondents Dinner in jest. The fatal blow occurred when “Celebrity Apprentice” was preempted to announce we had gotten OBL.

RELATED:
Trump calls Correspondents Dinner "Inappropriate"

Obligatory YouTube Video to illustrate how to handle a show off: (naturally fake like The Don's hair.)

Thoughts ATS'ers?
edit on 7-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank god we haven't heard a peep from Trump.

Who does he think he is - calling out people? Like his past is steller.

He's nothing but a loud mouth PR whore and doesn't stand a chance being elected president.

He's a joke.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's almost like recess back in grade school. Watching kids spit at each other and squabble over who's dad could win in a fight.

I'm over this crap. Our country is run by a bunch of spoiled, power hungry, penis comparing, mud slinging, two-faced, bickering, war mongering liars who's only talents are to place their own heads up their own butts...very far.

It's all about personal agendas, and control. It makes me sick. I wonder how their tunes will change when we're not the reserve currency or the hegemon anymore.

We will all pay the price for their nonsense.

Pathetic...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I know, right? Like building your foundation for Presidency by calling others out rather than demonstrating how you're going to improve this country is a good tactic or something... He got off on the wrong foot when he began this with the Birth Certificate drama. But I never expected Trump to take it seriously - it seems like it's all just a game for him. He's not seriously running is he?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Like he ever had a chance to begin with!

I wanted him to run just so I could watch the media systematically dissect his every move in the past.
They would eat him alive with his reputation.
Can't believe some thought this was really going to ever happen for him.
But all this publicity will enable him to buy a new G6 now, just what this idiot needs.
Maybe he will make like a Kennedy and take a flying leap into. . .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Donald Trump said that he was running for president as a Republican. That's funny, because I thought he was running as a joke,"

- Seth Myers

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just in case someone missed it. Here is the video from the correspondent's dinner with Seth Meyers taking down Trump.

The stone cold look on Trump's face is priceless!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Just in case someone missed it. Here is the video from the correspondent's dinner with Seth Meyers taking down Trump.

The stone cold look on Trump's face is priceless!

Damn. That was just awesome.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I sure hope they are.

Trump is exemplary of an imperialistic personality.

His ideas that we should just seize the oil of other countries, start a trade war with China, and tax the hell out of anything that is imported into this country would destroy us rather quickly.

He reminds me of a Mafia Don with the way he talks about foreign and domestic policy.

If anyone is thinking about giving this joke of a candidate their vote...Well, suffice to say, you're an idiot.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
trump has a notoriously hard time with criticism, I'm sure his ego was devastated by the roasting he took. business is tough, but politics is brutal

I just don't think he has the stomach for it

as soon as he declares, all of his warts will be dragged out, and his reputation will suffer. he has bankruptcies, failed airlines, divorces, etc etc etc

I think obama is praying he gets the republican nomination, he'd destroy trump

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A very telling quote I found from "The Don." I think he has unsuccessfully tried to parlay his business acumen in to the world of politics.

“If you want to buy something, it’s obviously in your best interest to convince the seller that what he’s got isn’t worth very much.” -- Donald Trump, Entrepreneur, Businessman and Author

It is quite clear that is what he attempted to do with Obama. The concept was lost in translation.

Another classic:

“I'm a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone.” -- Donald Trump, Entrepreneur, Businessman and Author

Quote source and more Trump quotes

Just stoking the fire.......please carry on.

edit on 7-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It is, trust me when I say this as the last thing we need is someone who is arrogant with an overinflated ego who already has said that he'd invade Libya just for the oil as that goes against everything we now stand for. No more petrolchem dominance!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
meh trump was just a side show a bafoon only there to make nObama look a little less bad

I dont think it worked but I wouldnt worry about this guy he aint the right bloodline

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't think his hopes were dashed. He had about as much chance of getting the Rep. endorsement as a white heavyweight would have won the title back in the early 70's. Nil. That's not racist, there was just SO much black talent in that industry at the time. Ali, Frazier, Forman, Shavers. I could go on.
edit on 7-5-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Unless Trump comes out and denounces this latest Bin Laden claim as an obvious scam by Team Obama, one can conclude that both Trump and Obama were working together on a PR stunt these past few months to increase Obama's tanking approval ratings. I'm sure Trump was promised something substantial for taking the fall for Team Obama.

This staged catfight also keeps Trump's name in the media, so people can be reminded to watch his crappy television show. Looks like a win-win for two characters who are not above pulling a few fast ones on the public.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

one can conclude that both Trump and Obama were working together on a PR stunt these past few months to increase Obama's tanking approval ratings.

Explain to me how you can come to this conclusion?

This makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't believe he ever had much hope to begin with, so it's sort of a moot point. Are we as a nation really going to elect a president who's been roasted on Comedy Central and has his own reality TV show? Who so clearly changed teams to the team that he believed gave him the best odds of being nominated? Further, I don't think even he is serious about he. He loves these publicity stunts.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think Trump is the best hope we have for the nation.
He's a man of command and action. He told Obama to show his BC, and he did. If it's real or not that's another issue.
Trump is not a joker, which is why he doesn't guffaw over dumb jokes. He's a serious businessman, and that's what we need. Obama is more a carnival barker, saying whatever with no proof, and the masses just bow their heads.
We need someone like Trump. Obama has ruined the nation, and the other Rep candidates are more of the same.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I dunno Im no Obama fan but trump is just scary I mean he's saying stuff like we should profit off war and take more from other countries and he's just plain crass

IMHO there are far better candidates like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Stick a fork in him because he is done!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join