It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Warns US Over Airspace . . . US Then Promptly Murders 8 Pakistanis in Drone Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Pakistan Warns US Over Airspace . . . US Then Promptly Murders 8 Pakistanis in Drone Attack

www.activistpost.com

Bangkok, Thailand May 6, 2011 - Much to Wired writer Spencer Ackerman's credit, amidst the first several paragraphs of his article, "First Drone Strikes Since Bin Laden Raid Hit Pakistan, Yemen," it is noted that after Pakistan's warnings and demands that the US cease and desist from violating its airspace, the US's subsequent drone attacks made the Pakistanis "look either complicit — and, hence, hypocritical — or incompetent." While the article continues by covering the official narrative citing the Soros-funded New American Foundation and the Foundation for the Defense of Democrac
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.activistpost.com
www.dawn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Osama Hit - How it Went Down and What it Could Mean
Osama bin Laden Killed in May Day Blaze of Glory? Don’t you believe it; Pakistan is the Target.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is further evidence that Pakistan rolled over for Washington, and that after the bin Laden frame-up, Washington has free-reign over Pakistani territory. The US effectively occupies Pakistan.

Pakistani officials continue to display mock protest at the US invasion of sovereign territory, which may play well for the US crowd, but the Pakistani people see this for what it is; their government opened the door for the OBL operation, and are falling over themselves to give the impression that they weren't involved.

The People on the other hand have been protesting the NATO unmanned drone attacks, and two weeks ago managed to stop NATO supply lines into Afghanistan. The people spoke loudly that they want the bloodshed to stop, but the CIA and the corrupt Pakistan government spoke louder. Don't mess with the CIA.

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
At first I thought this was another Sorcha Faal type disinfo headline. But it is all over the internet. See links below...

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

And there are many more if you Google "Pakistani drone attack"

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thanks for the links.

I often wonder what historians will write about this era after a couple hundred years have passed. Hopefully by then, humanity will have their wits about them, but if history is any teacher, I doubt it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Typical u.s response anytime they dont like what another country does - bomb them and murder people...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It amazes me that most Americans read news such as this and then just continue sipping their Starbucks crappucino.

I wonder what the reaction would be should a drone attack such as this take place on our soil. Apparently it's OK for the US to do this as long as there is an apology for killing innocent civilians?

Keep in mind that there are plans for unarmed (for now) drones to begin flying over some major US cities. One wonders how long before they have to arm them for our "safety".
edit on 7-5-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I cant, for the life of me, understand how these attacks on a sovereign Nation, arent considered acts of war.
The US is currently militarily active in 6 Middle Eastern countries (overtly at least) and Im not sure how much more the world will put up with before something is done

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There are beginning to be startling simmiliarities between present day USA and pre WW2 Germany.
Only problem is, this time, we are the bad guys.......Hows that make you feel?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

What do you suggest? For all our efforts exercising our voting rights- we get anti-abortion bills.

And if we do rise up and protest- like those in the Middle East- who/what has been considered to be put in its place? Have you seen the majority of the populace of the US? Good luck planning anything. I think they're trying, begging, pleading for someone to come in and start some sh*t.

Eventually it's going to dawn on the majority that most of the grazing lands have been burned through fire or drought, and the farm land that wasn't burnt has been flooded, leaving precious little thriving. IDK what steps need to be taken, but I agree this is ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is going to be spectacular. And by "spectacular" I mean "Pakistan is going to nuke us if we don't leave them the [snip] alone".

/TOA

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OoohLaDeDa
There are beginning to be startling simmiliarities between present day USA and pre WW2 Germany.
Only problem is, this time, we are the bad guys.......Hows that make you feel?

Yes, but the good ole US have always murdered and conquered everyone since it was established so it's nothing new really is it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6453671af1d2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have had a lot of angst lately because of the label "US".

I am patriotic. I love what America stood for. By 1800 it has all fallen to crap. Now look where we are.

It pains me to think that when someone says "the US", i no longer identify myself with that statement. I can't. I do not support the values and actions that the label "US" has come to signify.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does someone have a picture of what one of these unarmed drones look like? I started a thread about a month ago trying to figure out what kind of craft I had seen. I decided it must have been some type of drone but I never did find an exact match:

Thread on unidentified aircraft near my house

I do live near a naval base (less than 50 miles away) and I saw an AWAC fly over about 20 min after the odd craft. The Raytheon Killer Bee was the closest pic I saw...but still not quite right.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hmmm...let us say, just for the sake of argument, that Pakistan sends spies to an American town, to gain Intel on one of their many enemies here. Say they are able to install surveillance equipment in the residence, and use that intelligence to plan and execute a strike on this American residence, and kill an American citizen, or for that matter a Canadian citizen hiding there. Just say. What do you think the officials would say, and do in such a situation? Would not the U.S. Government see such a strike as an act of war?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Hmmm...let us say, just for the sake of argument, that Pakistan sends spies to an American town, to gain Intel on one of their many enemies here. Say they are able to install surveillance equipment in the residence, and use that intelligence to plan and execute a strike on this American residence, and kill an American citizen, or for that matter a Canadian citizen hiding there. Just say. What do you think the officials would say, and do in such a situation? Would not the U.S. Government see such a strike as an act of war?

The u.s would attack them.. Oh wait .. It already has attacked them several times now.. Erm...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Pakistan has little say and no control over the U.S. violating it's airspace.America pours mass amounts of funding into the country that helps financially justify it's actions.www.fas.org...
If Pakistan joins the sco in 2012 like expected, America won't be able to be so liberal over Pakistani skies.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You know something... I was and probably still am in some ways, somewhat naive about what the US stood for.
I grew up in the latter days of the cold war, my Dad was a Viet Nam vet, who then went on to be a Police Officer.
As a kid I was bombarded with the Cold War Patriotic rhetoric from the media and also from my Father.
I believed war was glorious, especially if you were fighting and dying for all that was "RIGHT" in the world and at that time, I believed that meant the USA.

Several separate incidents over the course of the last 10 years is what causes me to lose faith in my country, which then prompted me to do more research on the history of this sham of a nation that corrupt politicians and corporations have ruined.

The goddamn hypocrisy is unbelievable, as we decry other nations for civil rights violations, my country is spitting on civil rights laws and the constitution, especially in regards to illegal search and seizure.

It is laughable that the US Govt can condone torture to gain information, when it is in their favor but condemn it when its done to our troops and it is even more laughable that the US population goes along with them.
What the hell is wrong with this picture?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Who is going to stop the US doing exactly what it wants in its own interests?

Pakistan couldn't stop them if it wanted to. The same applies to most other nations. The UK and the EU are complicit with the actions of the US. The only countries who might try are Russia or China, but they have their own agenda to pursue, and they lack the technological might of the US and rely of sheer force of numbers. Any other country that tried to stand up to the US would be taking a suicidal approach.

The US is exerting its military hegemony over the world without restraint, and following the military influence comes the economic overthrow of nations to the mega-corporations that devastate economies and peoples lives for the worse.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
OF course Pakistan has to talk tough. They are deeply infiltrated by factions unfriendly to the US, and could easily fall victim to another ISI sponsored Mumbai bombing.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

The Soprano's tackled this problem. If you have ever watched it, Tony Soprano told his shrink more than once that he was "basically a good guy". He ignores his abject sociopathy and believes himself to be a "good guy".

Ask your average Christian if they will go to heaven, and they will invariably say "yes". Even the reformed Christians in prison for murder. Ask the average terrorist, like Bin Laden, if they will see Allah. They will all say "yes".

People have a skewed self image. It is part of propping up the delicate ego. No matter how heinous the behavior, the average person will still believe themselves to be "basically good" and worthy of whatever religious salvation there is.

Funny thing is, if you judge them based on their own values they may indeed be "basically good". People tend to sacrifice their own values to allow for behaviors that they want to enact. People are funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join