It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government sponsored earthquake preparedness drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So the factory I work at is joining with the federal government and 7 other states to prepare for an earthquake in the New Madrid fault of a 7.9 or greater. Indiana, Kentucky Tennessee, Mississippi, and a few others are all getting in on it. It makes me wonder if they don't know something they aren't telling us.

Why prepare the factories. We make electrical transmission wire at mine. If there is a huge Earthquake they want us to be prepared so we can rebuild quickly cause this is a huge program I have read the stuff on it they gave us at work but I can't find much online and nobody at the furniture factories have heard about it. They got our aluminum supplier in on it though.

I am wondering if anyone else knows anything about this but they are telling us stuff like if you have to travel home across a bridge over 20 feet long we have places here for you to sleep so you can keep working. They even have a shift staggering thing so people can keep working if they can't leave. They have been doing lots of improvements to our place and the one that brings us molten aluminum so that we are more storm resistant as well. All in a down economy anyone know anything.

I'll log back on latter tonight and check this. I have a lot of errands to run today. Since the Alabama tornadoes this is the only off day I get this week.

I work a DuPont swing so this is supposed to be my 7 days off in a row. They are already getting as much from us as they can, I really worry about a huge earthquake.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've seen conspiracy theories that the preparedness drills are FEMA ramping up HAARP to set off the New Madrid, expecting 7 million deaths, and full police state rules for years after. That is just stupid. It's a really common practice to "celebrate" the anniversary of a major occurence with education should it happen again. We think about Hurricane Katrina and we as a people were pretty much unprepared, as was the government, on what to do with the lights out, no food, shelter, or water, people being displaced from their homes.......it was a mess and FEMA and the Gov got a lot of stuff thrown at them because of it.
It's FEMA doing their job. We don't want a repeat of Katrina or Japan's nuclear problems do we? In the US we seem to be of a mind that "it won't happen to us", but it is something that will happen again. We just don't know when.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I haven't read much about the exercise, but I was under the impression that it was supposed to take placein mid-April sometime? So is it still going on and if so, for how long?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The drills are not the point some drills are required for any place employing over so many people. The point is the specific drill and the fact that just some places are being required to prepare. I'm not even sure the government will cause the quake I just think they may be ready to take advantage of a bad situation.

Massive destruction would take everyone's mind off the horrible economy. Might even be what pulls us out of the recession.

new topics

top topics

join