It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thruthers, Birthers and Deathers O My

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So about these words the USA propaganda machine keeps making. You all know they are just to marginalize people right. This way they can talk down to them without drawing peoples attention to what they are saying. Even dehumanizes them just like Hitler did with the jews and no doubt when they put in martial law we'll suffer the same sort of faith.

So what do you guys think psy ops 101 or them just being cute

edit on 7-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I think you have just watched the newest Alex Jones video. I think he is bad enough stealing his idea’s is even worse. Anyway society functions with label’s so its only fitting that Truther’s birthers deathers have their own labels. Makes it easier for the rest of us to know who is talking BS and who isn’t
edit on 7-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by UcDat

I think you have just watched the newest Alex Jones video. I think he is bad enough stealing his idea’s is even worse. Anyway society functions with label’s so its only fitting that Truther’s birthers deathers have their own labels. Makes it easier for the rest of us to know who is talking BS and who isn’t

Nope I havnt but if you look at my posts you'll see I was talking about this yesterday..
Wouldn't be the first time I was quoted on the Jones show tho...

edit and thanks for making my point one thing I got to say about the American psy ops is it always works on people like you.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Fair enough, but I still don’t think its part of a psy-opp I think its just the media’s way of dealing with groups in society by giving them a label they are easy for the consumer to quickly understand who they are talking about.

And what are “people like me”

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Fair enough, but I still don’t think its part of a psy-opp I think its just the media’s way of dealing with groups in society by giving them a label they are easy for the consumer to quickly understand who they are talking about.

And what are “people like me”

Sorry in a bad mood got into with a real nasty character last night. I should've said it works well on the mainstream ppl which your obviously not. But it is indeed psy-ops imho
and have a couple stars to make up for me coming out sideways on you.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
We need more labels.

We have yet to label people that believe in Icke's reptilian overlords conspiracy.

Is there an offical label for ET believers beyond "believers"?

People whom call people sheep or disinfo agents for simply bringing up a different angle deserve a label also.

Labels...any, be it from person to person, or from state to citizen, is specifically designed to sew mistrust and shallow observation amongst people. it removes the neeed for critical thinking, acceptance, or even tolerance.

People label each other all the time...thats normal, people are retarded like that and its ultimately harmless..

But be wary when government decides to label people, be it ex-cons, sex offenders, terrorists, evil-doers, communists, etc...It is a tactic used to keep a community held hostage by their preconceptions.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

yep i agree ppl do use labels as well and its almost never good but when the propaganda machine of a government like the USA does it its far worst. Especially when used against legitimate critics.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i would argue that people labeling people is harmful, not harmless. at the very least, you're denying yourself the experience of getting to know and learning from somebody because you've got them all "figured out" since you know which group they belong to. worst case scenario, someone IDs themselves as a Muslim and you automatically treat them as an enemy because you've been brainwashed into believing we are at war with Islam. labels not only make it easier to marginalize and ignore people, but also makes it easy to demonize and dehumanize them. i'm sure many wars throughout history could have been avoided if The Enemy was viewed as a group of individuals and not a million-headed, hive-minded beast.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Labels, per se, aren’t harmful. They are a consequence of human interaction, and the human brain that has an inherent need to classify and put things into boxes. ‘Scientist’ is a label. Is it harmful?

What is harmful is if people are discriminated or outright dismissed solely because of those labels, and not because of who they are or their ideas, but this has more to do with human interactions, feelings and prejudices, than with labels.

That’s not the case with the birthers or the truthers. Both groups have been free, especially here on ATS, to express themselves and their views. Everyone is aware of their views.

I guess some people, somehow, feel better if they believe their ideas have been dismissed because of the labels pop culture has given them, and not because others have found them to be unpersuasive.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What's a "Thruther"? What does one have to go "thru" to get that label?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

That’s not the case with the birthers or the truthers. Both groups have been free, especially here on ATS, to express themselves and their views. Everyone is aware of their views.

I guess some people, somehow, feel better if they believe their ideas have been dismissed because of the labels pop culture has given them, and not because others have found them to be unpersuasive.

So your saying no ones ever marginalized someone here with those terms? Or that because they are still allowed to speak its not disenfranchising? This sort of tool has been used countless times by TPTB to dehumanize people so they could act against them. In this case its being used to silence the critics real ordinary Americans who dont buy the official 9/11 story or the president BC or the circumstances around OBL...
Its not something people are just making up either. This is a very deliberate thing they are doing.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Thanks for the star’s, to lets just agree to disagree. I believe that this is not psy-ops but just the media’s way of doing things, you believe it is evidence of some clandestine government psy-ops ploy to marginalise conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

their all just simple words to label us, im a conspiracy investigator, not a birther, not deather, not a truther. its all propaganda to make us look bad, pretty much discrimatory names i guess

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
So your saying no ones ever marginalized someone here with those terms?
No, I’m not and I didn’t. But that is an existing possibility with any other kind of factor. Can you say no one has ever been marginalized because they have a colorful avatar? Can you say no one has ever been marginalized because they are from a different country? And these have nothing to do with “those terms.”

In this case its being used to silence the critics real ordinary Americans who dont buy the official 9/11 story or the president BC or the circumstances around OBL...
The point I submitted was that no one was silenced. Everyone is aware of the views and theories of the birthers, truthers and other groups.

These groups have had free time on national and international media, and have ample methods to broadcast, on their own, their views. Particularly here on ATS.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The problem with labels is that a label can telegraph specific connotations of what someone believes without giving to thought "Maybe. just maybe, they think differently."

Some truthers ARE retarded, and think stupid things like the planes on 9/11 were holograms. Some believe the government itself was behind 9/11. Whatever the case may be, I'm still a truther simply because I keep reminding people 3 buildings fell on 9/11. I couldn't tell you the number of people when I mention 3 are completely shocked it was 3, 90% of people don't even know of building 7. And in all this, I'm still a "truther" or can be labeled a "truther" simply because I advocate against the popular opinion of the event.

People simply need to stop following labels. Stop following what other people say to the word. If you're going to care so deeply for anothers word, you better filter the crap they spew out. People need to think for themselves and labels work against this, whether you're giving yourself one or giving another one.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It appears this childish labeling game is backfiring on the media. The media is straight out insulting people's intelligence, which in the long run will turn large groups of people against the lamestream media. Obviously, it has already begun, which is why the media is desperate to marginalize those who expose their lies. These diversionary tactics by the media only reinforces the claim the media is running scared as their layers of lies are starting to crumble like a house of cards.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
popeye was a wise man and was a great sage of wisdom which i want to impart on the readers of ats.

"i am what i am and thats all i am"

in closing i think i will part with some shakespeare

the whiners doth protest too much,methinks

of course that was adlibbed.

peace.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
So about these words the USA propaganda machine keeps making. You all know they are just to marginalize people right. This way they can talk down to them without drawing peoples attention to what they are saying. Even dehumanizes them just like Hitler did with the jews and no doubt when they put in martial law we'll suffer the same sort of faith.

So what do you guys think psy ops 101 or them just being cute

Absolutely this is actually an occult technique. These become words of power and all thier water carriers repeat them over and over. Energy follows thought! They then become words of disruption. This site is a a prime example. If anyone questions anything government does the water carriers immediately trot out thier labels invoking strong emotions in those seeking truth and the discussion immediately degrades from there. It is a very effective technique. It will probably play out on this thread. The counter is for truth seekers to create thier own power words. However truth seekers do not have the media to direct massive amounts of energy into the words or phrases by repeating them on the nightly news and talk shows. Still it can be done and people need to stick to the same words.

Obamatards is a good one to use to counter them but some of the mods here see it as too insulting.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Obamatards is a good one to use to counter them but some of the mods here see it as too insulting.

funny how that works they get to make derogatory words but we do it and its bad lol

thanks for the insight I dont know much about the occult but i do feel TPTB do very much follow its darker teachings.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

What's a "Thruther"? What does one have to go "thru" to get that label?

Me english not so good meant truthers nothing worst than a spelling mistake on the title no wonder i got no flags for this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join