It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonial secret papers to be made public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Colonial secret papers to be made publicwww.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk

A collection of sensitive documents from Britain's colonial past are to be made public through the National Archives for the first time.

The files were sent to the UK from various former territories, mostly at the time they achieved independence.

The documents emerged when four Mau Mau veterans sued the UK, saying they were tortured by Kenyan colonial government in the 1950s.

The British government says it cannot be held responsible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Why do we embrace conspiracy theories?
edit on 7-5-2011 by wildtimes because: correct headline

edit on 7-5-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Okay, so, in recent posts, ATS members are talking about Conspiracy Theories...there are loads of MSM op-ed pieces regarding CTs, and the independent presses as well are crying "cover-up"!

Several members across different threads have engaged in discussion of, for example, Zakaria's opinion piece about why folks are drawn to CTs.

This article shows that there are definitely government secrets that eventually "come out".
Yet, the current government is claiming they can not be held accountable for a colonial government's behavior.

Interesting stuff.
Here's another article relating to government concealment/control, this one in China.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Chinese regulators suspend TV crime and spy dramas

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Colonial Papers are some of the most important things people can read if you want to understand the complicated nature of the debt schemes that effect most nations.

As coloinalists moved into nations across the world displacing and or subjucating the first nations people, the investments made in improving the infrastructures of these locales so colonial trade and commerce could be maximized and profitible were made by European principals, in both coin and human beings, that became stock and bond investments in those nations in perpituity.

This includes here in the United States, where those early infrastructure investments of coin and human beings still pay dividends to Europeans hundreds of years later.

Here is where you can begin to trace the origins of the World Wide Shadow Government who more often than not, once again including in the case of the United States, would ultimately only grant independence from the colonial yoke, if the investments, contracts around them, and the dividend and interest payments were agreed to be paid in perpituity.

Many of these nations including the United States have no real idea as far as the citizens go what their national debts really are, the origins of them, and who they are owed to, but studying colonial records will in fact go a long way to illustrating that picture.

edit on 7/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I am completely on board with you there. In a post I made on the above linked thread of boon-dock's, I pointed out how HISTORY is the best exemplar of WHY things are the way they are.

When the foibles of former generations are exposed, it gives the current generations an opportunity to improve things. What do you make of the fact that the UK govt is claiming "not accountable"? It smacks to me of the USA's debates (and global debates) over "recompense" (isn't that what they call it?) of the formerly oppressed/enslaved/exploited.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting.. Not surprising on the stance of the uk government though.. No former colonial power is ever going to admit to abuses they committed much less offer even a hint of apology.. And compensation ? Surely you jest - none will part with the loot they took while oppressing others.. Can only hope humanity learn and not keep repeating the mistakes of the past..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

In a lot of ways the governments aren't accountable, because so much of the abuse, so many of the abuses were carried out by private corporations that people like the royals, lords and vatican are money investors in.

They create these corporate enterprises, fund them, and worse institute taxation to offset the cost of the actual investment and labor in the infrastructure these corporate enterprises create and acquire along with natural resources.

Yet the corporate enterprises are 'private' business and part of the capitalist system of using financial leverage and credit to obtain resources and wealth.

While these corporations are in bed with the governments, and in fact control the governments, they are not the government, so hence it's hard to sue the government for what these corporations have done.

Meanwhile over the years most of these early corporations have gone out of business, but not really because most of their assetts are purchased or assigned to another corporation when they do, in what is in essence a shell game.

Often it's the same owners and investors, disolving one corporate fiction to create another to create a shadowy trail of confusion.

So as a result the original corporation is long out of business and unless you can pony up big bucks to have someone go through the archives of corporate filings to trace the spider web to the present, you are left with no one to file suit against, even though the original crimes keep paying and paying, at the expense of the nations and their taxes, to the principal investors who remain well hidden through this labbyrinth of corporate entities.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yes, not likely that the "sins of the fathers" will be visited upon the next crop of leaders.
I noticed your anti EU/ASEAN posts to the other thread I entered...do you have any thoughts on the Chinese government's intention to use the airwaves as a "propaganda period" to promote communism?

Have you been reading about the ASEAN Summit and the opinion pieces calling for Asian governments to end their corruption?

This may seem off-topic to the original thread here - but...my point is that ALL governments have corrupt people in power, had in the past, have in the present, and will have in the future. I understand not wanting the ASEAN countries to follow in the footsteps of Western governments' obvious shortcomings. .. but, as was asked of you (not by me) before -
should we not also bring up Eastern government corruption?

WHO can we exclude? Sincerely, can you think of ANY government that is not rife with corruption? I would like to Expat myself if you can name one!

Really!
(and thanks for joining in)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Excellent description of how it works. It's all about the money machine, decade after decade, century after century...
I noticed the other day that AIG (which is reportedly owned 92% by the federal US government) is engaging in litigation now to collect damages of some kind?

And that the SEC has subpoenaed JPMorgan Chase (yay - I hope they lock Jamie Dimon up)....

Capitalism at its worst. The New World Order....

sigh.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I really hope these do come out and that nothing is redacted. Although I would not be shocked if they were edited severely. We still have colonialism only now it is masked as "humanitarian aid"... wonder if there will ever be papers on that? Hm...

Both of your posts on this thread are fantastic. I agree 100%. To the point that I cannot add to them!

In America corporations are now allowed to give money directly to politicians/political parties. No need to "lobby" anymore, but that practice will continue ad infinitum. It's the way to keep friendships alive.

Also recently a suit was won by AT&T which questions the legitimacy of class action lawsuits. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is especially odd to me because of the very definition of CORPORATION.

cor·po·ra·tion
kȯr-pə-ˈrā-shən - a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person although constituted by one or more persons and legally endowed with various rights and duties including the capacity of succession
------------------------

I would dedicate my life to ripping this system apart seam by seam with archival research. If there was only a way to support myself at the same time...
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: typo

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: extra DIV

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Heh, wouldn't a lot of us love to do that??
I wrote a grant once when a brand-new social worker, and won it.
If you can find a grant open for applications (I'll look, too) we can team up and gitterdone!!
Thanks for the post!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Heh, wouldn't a lot of us love to do that??
I wrote a grant once when a brand-new social worker, and won it.
If you can find a grant open for applications (I'll look, too) we can team up and gitterdone!!
Thanks for the post!

I am serious. I love to research, but it is difficult to convey all the information. It's like writing a book in your head and you can see the dots connect, but then have to convince others of the same.

I don't think anyone or any entity would give money for such a task. I mean we have wikileaks, but where did they get all that $$$?

And who would give you the keys to the castle willingly?

Sorry to be negative, I'm looking now. I'd love to collaborate with others if there is actually something like this out there. This reminds me of Atlas Shrugged.
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Interestingly to incorporate is yet another latin derivitive that in essence means "in to the body" and in reality the corporations are incorporated ultimately by who?

Many imagine the owners and principle investors, and yes that's true but who is granting them a fictitious name entity and bestowing on them legal rights, is the government itself.

So corporations really are a loose part of the government.

More interesting is that the States are incorporated into the Territory of Washington DC which is also incorporated so the million dollar question, is what larger body the whole nation and it's capitol has been made a part of.

When you stop to consider that the US is a Corporation, and is incorporated, you begin to see that the colonial yoke was never really thrown off at all.

Likewise Constitution in Latin means an agreement to pay back another's debt, so really what we have here in American and many other former colonial possessions is not independence but a shadowy change of management, not ownership.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If they were Mau-Mau terrs,they NEEDED to be tortured

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I view the chinese propaganda the same as that of any other country - a load of rubbish.. No matter where one goes in the world theres always some idiot spouting propaganda .. It all has the same stench regardless who spreads it just like when fertilising a field with manure.. I view governments, nations, states, leaders as relics of humanities primitive barbaric past and look forward to the day people outgrow the need/desire for them and move on to a world where all realise everyone is human and equal without need of leaders/governments to tell them what to do.. what to think..
what to believe etc.. Doubt will see it in this lifetime..
Yes they have corruption here in asia (in poor countries especially sadly its a fact of life in some places) but have seen them put hard work into actually fighting corruption and investigating, arresting and putting corrupt politicians, officials , police on trial for their crimes. Have seen it firsthand in china, hong kong, vietnam and malaysia. It wont go away overnight but the effort is being made they are even teaching the people not to pay bribes and to report corruption to the anti-corruption agencies.. Its changed much the past several years here mostly for the better.. And as much as westerners hate to hear it the average chinese has more freedom than the average westerner does.. Have also seen leaders in asian countries who do care about the people and actually work to help the people.. I met one who was out helping rescue villagers during a flood a couple years ago was quite surprised and actually impressed by the man and his actions - it takes alot for someone esp a leader to impress me as am not easily impressed by people.. Here in japan awhile back we had a pm retire because he failed his duty to the people - youd never see a western politician do that.
Apologies slow reply my english rusty as only use it online these days.. Hope my reply makes sense its late here and am off to try and sleep in a bit..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Likewise Constitution in Latin means an agreement to pay back another's debt, so really what we have here in American and many other former colonial possessions is not independence but a shadowy change of management, not ownership.

Very fascinating!! And look what happened to the, ah....Romans.

Last year I was writing a novel that took place when the New World colonies on the North American continent were just becoming more populated (people fleeing excess taxes, extreme poverty, oppression, and yes, some of them were sent to the New World as punishment - i.e. exile)
The government of King Charles I was, naturally, corrupt. The Parliament tried to stop him. What happened? Civil War. Lots of blood, lots of beheadings, lots of riots and fires.

In looking up definitions, I came across this highly inflamatory but topical site. I had never heard of it before.
I am posting their definition of "Corporation", but take a look at the page. It seems like a very articulate look at the things we (some of us) discuss here.

one-evil.org...

CORPORATION

From 18th Century English corporation meaning "INCORPORATED COMPANY for doing business". Unlike a CORPORATE or a COMPANY, the invention of the legal fiction known as a CORPORATION permitted a body to use the pre-existing CHARTER of a superior COMPANY to register as a subsidiary--effectively eliminating the need for a new and unique CHARTER to be drawn for each and every new body. In addition, Corporations were permitted to register their own subsidiaries, creating potentially long chains of bodies all belonging to superior entities until the final entity holding a valid CHARTER. Today, over 99% of CORPORATES and COMPANIES are actually subsidiary Corporations of subsidiary Corporations themselves having no original CHARTER, but holding legal rights by virtue of being a REGISTERED SUBSIDIARY of a body ultimately holding a valid recognized CHARTER.

So - I'm beginning to see how this all ties together. Thanks!! I know little about economics, and lots about social systems. I'm only beginning to understand all the underlying business stuff of global economy. I very much appreciate your contributions, you have enlightened me!

one-evil.org...

Now, I don't know if this site is already familiar to ATS, but I intend to look at it more closely. Here is a snippet from their About page:

One-Evil.Org is the first and only site to systematically chronicle the history of evil, the connection between various bloodlines of evil, the nature and practice of evil ritual and associated influences throughout the social history of human civilization.

The purpose of One-Evil is to understand the nature of evil, from where does it come? who or what is behind it? how does it relate to the various religions? is there some underlying motive for the greatest evil acts in history?

In no way does this site seek to promote evil, nor make any kind of apology or deliberate misrepresentation of evil. Nor is there any deliberate focus on one group, one civilization and/or philosophy of itself as being evil.

To mods: I don't see where the site is banned or anything, I see some references to it in past threads, which I have not yet had time to sort through. If I've broken some rule please let me know...
I realize this thread is getting off on a tangent, sorta kinda.

Cheers!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Thanks for that insight! I posted a thread some weeks ago asking for the Asian perspective on America. No one responded.

I agree with you entirely on the large government thing being a wicked machine. I, too, think that small cooperative villages would be a preferrable form of society, each person contributing what talents or abilities they have, for the good of everyone, and in turn everyone has a chance to thrive.

I'm a social worker by profession (retired), and there are many people who DO help, silent heroes not in the spotlight. There are aslo CORRUPT NON-PROFIT AGENCIES that hob-nob with big money.

It's very difficult to sort it all out. Thanks to you all for your input. I'm off for now, too - but hope we can keep this intelligent discussion going - I'm learning a lot. But of course, I figured out long ago that "the more I learn, the more I realize I just don't know."

Thanks!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And here we see in these great links how all these corporations trace back to Colonial Charters.

In the US that would primarily be the Virginia Company, the Boston Bay Company, and Penn's Woods, also known as Pennsylvania.

In the book 50 things you don't know about America, they speculate that it's actually the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania that is the highest in the land, not the Supreme Court of the United States.

In part because the Great Law authored by William Penn, was so well crafted that it can't actually be superceded.

So these above three entities are actually here in the United States the entities that had Charters.

Here is a fascinating linke to the documents of the Registar of early Pennsylvania from it's pre-Penn days when only a handful of Europeans were in the land, through the mid 1800's.

Part of the Great Law required every act of government be recorded and registered, and there are some real eye openers in these volumes.

www.ebooksread.com... -of-pennsylvania--devoted-to-the-preservation-of-facts-and-document-aza.shtml

Including the fact that well into the mid-1800's here in the United States, the Great Law, Crown Law, and the Catholic Cannons were still being used by the appeals courts to decide cases.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Welcome.. Glad that could help.. Hadnt been on much past month due to the quake been busy assisting and searching for relatives that lost in it.. So missed that thread you posted will try look it up later on.. Ahh yes.. Quite familiar with the corruption of "aid groups" and "foreign relief agencies" having encountered the bastards many times over the years.. Am a physician and spent most of my life assisting people in war zones and disaster areas where the so - called "aid groups" and "foreign relief agencies" wont go as usually their sat on their arse in a hotel bar drinking on the donation money people sent.. (Among other things that they do with it) out of politeness and to avoid further sidetrack your thread will refrain from going on my rampage in regard to them..
Anyhow apologies for the slight sidetrack .. Btw like the profile pic reminds me of a cat used to have.. Am off to sleep its after 3 a.m here now..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is another one of those "who cares" threads....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Says the guy who has posted in it twice now.

So should we make the topic about you not caring, and praising the virtues of colonial governments victimizing native people, or should we actually focus on the imprortance of colonial papers as legal documents and the fascinating details of history in them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join