It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep deprived

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Anyone have any sleep tips?

Already taking melatonin and it half works I guess. I only take it once every couple days or so Im just starting to think I shouldn't take it later in the night for fear it might upset my circadian cycle.

I need a good crystal clear sleep. I want to sleep like a baby and wake up feeling like a gazzillion bucks like I used to lol. I can remember those sleeps were filled with crystal clear vivid dreams with my current experiences grafted on to the images I was getting, if that even makes any damn sense lol. Enlighten me and help.

Thank you for your time,

Nervous and insomniatic(If thats even a word lol).

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dont eat, drink alcohol or smoke for a good 3 hours before bed. And just before you close your eyes drink a pint of iced water. Have you tried 5HTP?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Read Linus Pauling's "How to Live Longer and Feel Better". Hes the only person to win two unshared Nobel Peace Prizes in any field and holds an impressive list of accolades in chemistry. Hes been the center of controversy for his megadosage research in Vitamin C, but I could care less what any pharmaceutical funded interest group thinks.

I've been following his recommendation for several months now, and feel incredibly healthy and at ease.
edit on 5/7/2011 by Beast4rmDaEast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Warm (not hot) shower.

Relax and feel the water taking the edge off your day.

Barely dry yourself, dress in loosely fitting clothes or none at all.

Turn your lights down low or off.

Lay in a cool(not cold) and comfortable bed in a natural position.

Quiet your mind(easier said than done if you are new to meditation), slow your thoughts, be at ease and let your mind do some thinking on a conscious level, rather than letting subconscious mind control your thought.

Take slow, deep breaths, in through the nose(imagine a white or blue light entering you as you breathe). Out through the mouth(releasing a blue/black energy upon exhale).

Tense your body one group at a time, and release. Tense feet, release, tense legs, release, tense Abs, release, tense hands, release, tense arms release, tense face, release.

Envision the good things in life, the things you love, the beauty of nature, the serenity of calm life. If negative thoughts creep in via the subconscious mind, stop at once, erase them, and continue. Do not struggle, you are in control of you. There is no need for one to wrestle with himself, he must simply rationalize and decide.

You should be by this point in a deep trance/ medatative state, from here you can do either of the following:

Mind Awake, body asleep exercises. Your body is at full rest, let it begin its normal "sleep mode" and keep your conscious mind focused on the present. Think of an image and try to create it in vivid detail in your mind. Think of yourself as being lighter than air...if you feel a vibration or a "wobble", or maybe like you are floating or sinking into your bed, try to not be alarmed, this is natural and you have done this ever night of your life without realizing it.

or

Let your mind drift off into dreamland. You will R.E.M. fast and may be treated to vivid and lucid dreams. If you get into the habit of keeping a dream journal, you will begin to be able to remember more of your dreams and eventually have the possibility to control your dreams(no, really).

Either is your choice, and you will later awaken to feel like a "gazillion bucks" as you said, and if you do this regularly(3 times a week), you will begin to see positive effects on your waking life and become more aware of your conscious mind and your astral body(if you work at it).

Best Wishes,

X

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know if you work, or make physical exercises, but try that. Try something that can tire you physically, some kind of sport or other physical activities. Then make things that relax you.

new topics

top topics

join