It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't even believe that Muslim extremists were behind 9/11. I just refuse to subscribe to the insanity that has been building since 9/11. This country has gone mad with fear and terrorism. We've become scared little babies. Scared of our shadows. Scared of our neighbors. Terrified. I'm freaking sick of it. If you are scared of being hijacked, and your tsa molesting wasn't enough... then don't fly. But don't treat other people like they are criminals. You know, pre-crime like on Minority Report. Let's catch em before they do anything.

My God this world has become crazy and rife with people I don't want to share oxygen with anymore.

If you still believe that Muslims and Bin Laden are behind 9/11..... then I don't know what to tell you. Take your pill and go back to sleep. I'm pretty sure that if they start rounding up citizens for re-education at the diffusion center, I'll be a number one candidate.

Ever since 9/11, I've been watching this scripted movie taking place on CNN theater. It just never ends.... and people are buying it hook line and sinker, even to the point of hating Muslims, and being so damned terrified they would rather give up their liberties than be country men and women, who can see through this insane crap tptb continue to spoon feed you.

Before it was Muslims, it was black people. Before it was black people, it was Native Americans. There is always a boogey man, and now .... Muslims are it. What will be on CNN theater next?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is not the America I want to live in, if I would have been on the plane - I would have got off with them.
edit on 8-5-2011 by wearedust because: mis speeling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearedust
This is not the America I want to live in, if I would have been on the plane - I would have got off with them.
edit on 8-5-2011 by wearedust because: mis speeling

Sadly ive noticed that the people on here that are bashing the islamic people and expecting them to dress different than they do are mostly if not all Americans.. it makes me want to thank TPTB that im Australian..

but bless all you Americans who dont expect the whole world to dress in Levis + a wife basher/singlet + respect that this world is made up different cultures.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Are you, by any chance, from Texas?

If I could reach through the internet and punch you I'd do it. Responding to discrimination with discrimination....

I completely agree with what truthseeker said... BUT.... I also completely agree with the fact that the people who were uncomfortable should have been the ones to leave. If I walk in a room and feel uncomfortable, I leave, I don't ask the other people to leave, but then again, I personally am more of a risk taker and would tough it out, if s*** hit the fan then oh well, I'll do what i can to survive.

Really though, reading about what organization they are in, they better not have been shocked, I mean, OBL is claimed dead and they want to get on a plane in full religious attire? Regardless of how it went down, they brought it on themselves.... but please refer back to my original statement on who should have been the ones to leave.

Edit:: On a side note, if I were on that plane I probably would have started making a scene about the people making a scene. Saying stuff like "Those people make me uncomfortable. How do I know they aren't actually paid by al qaeda to freak out about a muslim and make everyone feel safe just to turn around and blow us up?" Something ridiculous like that. I would have stuck with it too, just to show them how ridiculous they look.

edit on 8-5-2011 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Allah is arabic for god.
We are speaking english here, so why not say "god"?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Crazy stuff. i mean what's next, Non Muslims Flights?
just a thought, how would this of played out if it was the muslim people who wanted a tourist off the plane?
edit on 8-5-2011 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
First of all I wanted to say that I fully sympathize with those people on the airplane... Fear is human and I guess we all know of events that trigger fear in us... who I do not sympathize with is the pilot. Since he knew that all passengers went through the same security checks he should've acted professionally and calmed down the passengers... His behavior instead deserves firing him because he doesn't live up to the standards of an commercial airline pilot...

should the imams have worn normal clothing instead (someone suggested cowboy hats and jeans)? No... why...? maybe some of you don't know that the imam is one of the highest religious ranks in Islam... Do you really expect cardinals (or the pope) to wear cowboy hats and jeans when they are attending a catholic meeting somewhere in the states? same applies to jewish relogious leaders...

To those of you who condemn those passenger's fears... imagine yourself in that airplane and substitute the imams with someone or something you fear... you see those bald guys in those doc martens boots to rows in front of you...? or those two men in black suits wearing their sunglasses even inside the plane and acting strangely just behind you...? everyone has fears... fear is human... but the solution to situations like these should be human too... throwing someone out of an airplane because of the wrong clothings is not...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
to all the guys that find this shocking story "normal", did that occur to you that terrorists wear as you and me when taking a plane or a train to make it explode ? do you really think an imam would go on a plane in his "imam dress" if he intended to plant a bomb ?

so here what i think :

-passengers have the right to fear, thanx to the "fight the terror " propaganda..... But having the right does not mean their behaviour is good... in this case, they need to be educated, not putting more fear and false ideas in their mind
-the pilot should be fired... he s the official in here and it s HIS role to calm down the passenger and teach them some civilities.... by telling them that they have nothing to fear from men who are only wearing the dress of their religious rank, as religious men, and they passed the TSA check so ....

and i fear creepy punks but i respect them and if one of them sat next to me in a plane, it would be ok for me that would be a time to learn to fight my irrationnal fear.... everyone got the right to wear what is allowed by laws... punk decorum is not forbidden, as imam dresses.... and if really it would disturb me to be sittin next to a punk, i would ask to be moved, not to disembark the punk....

cheers

edit on 8/5/11 by estebadia because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/11 by estebadia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

That's just human nature to be suspicious. Racism isn't right but if you are jumped by a gang of say, black guys and beaten and robbed then you ARE going to be nervous every time you see black people coming down the street towards you..

Not really, that's just a way to hide your racism. Besides, it takes a REALLY fragile mind to behave this way. See, it's simply wrong of your brain to think like that but hey, if you don't want to stop thinking like that, it's all up to you. Pure and simple, racism. Thanks for letting us know. Lol, nervous every time? Really? And you are sure you are a human being, member of a surviving and thriving race?

I went to ride an amusement park ride once. Well I have a huge "chest" and the bar wouldn't latch.

"Oh no, my boobs are big, someone, give me attention!" You know your analogy is worthless right? What you were trying to get on was for entertainment purposes...you weren't trying to travel to a meeting about how big boobed people are discriminated against(fyi, they aren't - stop playing the goody-two-shoes white woman afraid of Muslims - it's off, it doesn't fit, it means you have issues).

As to be on topic, this is just stoopid. The people defending the white folk in this case are pathetic. A lady(or so she claims) with big boobs using a roller-coaster ride as an analogy then when she is confronted with her ignorance starts jumping around like a cornered cat with the IQ of a cornered George W., a car-salesman who is probably pissed off cause he is a car-salesman and dislikes Muslims because they are in his country...How can you people not see this?

Get over yourselves, you sad, sad excuses for humans...
(take offense if you wish I don't care, I'm not the one here with nazi-like statements using arguments derived from some sort of eugenics seminar)
edit on 8-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Who cares if they're Muslims and wearing Islamic clothing? If you don't like them flying on a plane with you, then you are free to not fly on the plane. Your fear should not infringe upon another passenger's ability to fly. Take care of your phobias first then maybe you can fly again. Although in this instance I heard it was the pilot who wouldn't allow the Muslims to fly... and he wouldn't even give a reason even though his unspoken reason was so stupidly obvious.

Also, airline passengers sacrificed their dignity and sanctity by allowing TSA agents to grope them and film them naked because it was not politically correct and it was a discriminatory practice for airline security to profile airline passengers based on physical qualities. So a common ground needs to be found and these perverse and grotesque TSA practices need to be abolished, or people need to swallow their fears and suck it up during the flight.
edit on 8-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
So now we can get people kicked from public areas because of how they look? What is America coming to.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What's silly is they were probably just wearing their national dress and had long beards, there isn't really any 'Islamic clothing' for males. I can understand why an American may feel particularly uncomfortable on a plane if there's a few strict-looking Muslims on it, but they don't have any authority to kick them off the plane based on their attire. I mean, it says a lot about general ignorance towards Muslims - especially since, as the OP mentioned, they were on their way to a conference about prejudice against Muslims.. so ironic!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is nuts but not the worst america has done.I mean really they just asked him to get off of a plane.

That seems childish to me, but whatever.

The thing that I think is crazy, is that America can target 1 group of people, and lock them up in camps, AND THE PEOPLE SUPPORT IT.

Ask all the Japanese Americans how they STILL feel about that one?

This plane thing is just another side effect of our ever growing racism, now its not blacks or whatever, now its Islam.

If it was not for the government, we would not even care about the ""Islam Threat"" . Its just simple propaganda.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I don't even believe that Muslim extremists were behind 9/11. I just refuse to subscribe to the insanity that has been building since 9/11. This country has gone mad with fear and terrorism. We've become scared little babies. Scared of our shadows. Scared of our neighbors. Terrified. I'm freaking sick of it. If you are scared of being hijacked, and your tsa molesting wasn't enough... then don't fly. But don't treat other people like they are criminals. You know, pre-crime like on Minority Report. Let's catch em before they do anything.

My God this world has become crazy and rife with people I don't want to share oxygen with anymore.

If you still believe that Muslims and Bin Laden are behind 9/11..... then I don't know what to tell you. Take your pill and go back to sleep. I'm pretty sure that if they start rounding up citizens for re-education at the diffusion center, I'll be a number one candidate.

Ever since 9/11, I've been watching this scripted movie taking place on CNN theater. It just never ends.... and people are buying it hook line and sinker, even to the point of hating Muslims, and being so damned terrified they would rather give up their liberties than be country men and women, who can see through this insane crap tptb continue to spoon feed you.

Before it was Muslims, it was black people. Before it was black people, it was Native Americans. There is always a boogey man, and now .... Muslims are it. What will be on CNN theater next?

Remember... if you had studied the "red scare" and the "second red scare" you will remember that the US was piss scared of Russia and anyone who was a communist. en.wikipedia.org...
During that time of course they unconditionally HATED Russians even if you were a capitalist loving Russian. Now lets fast forward to today. BASICALLY THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING HERE! If you are a follower of Islam you sure as # ain't going to be elected in office.. I don't think there is anyone of the Islam faith in office here in the US! (except for Barry... LOL just kidding..) Also you see much prejudice and hate crimes against muslims here in the US today.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Why don't you learn how to deny ignorance and see the picture for what it is?

The people on that flight were a bunch of ignorant, ill-informed crybabies thay believe everything they were spoon-fed by mass media.

Are you one of them too?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Who gives them the forum to discuss non-violence? Do you attend interfaith conferences? If you neither look for the forum nor does such a forum exist easily accessible to you, then what do you expect? If all of the news outlets only want to focus on the drama, what do you expect people to think about?

If the TV doesn't say it, it doesn't exist...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Originally posted by DuceizBack

There is no need to be afraid of anyone wear a certain type of clothes anyone who does so is a bigot period.
Anyone who would blame all for the actions of a few needs to have something happen to them to make them understand how the people discriminated against feel.

Would this have happen if the men were dressed in traditional South American, African, Japanese, Chinese or Indian clothing.

Of course not.
You don't see people blowing up air ports in a dysheeki or a samurai costume

you must be drunk to say something like that.

So if thats the case that if someone dresses like someone whom has committed a crime then what about skin color or hair style?

What about if someone did it in a suit and tie would all businessmen get this treatment.

I'm going to be honest with you.
I'm black.

And if a cop said "be on the look out for a crip gang member"

You're obviously going to suspect a black guy in black.. no that doesn't make you a racist in the least bit, it's just called being aware, and being alert.

I'm not saying call people racial slurs, or be like "hah, looking to blow up something again".

If I was a cop, and I got a call about gang members, i'd expect them to be black, as whites don't really join gangs.. and not all black join "gangs" but they usually are some blacks in street gangs.

So if someone said look out for gang members, i'd usually be on the look out for a mexican or a black, depending on where I was.

if I was at school and the teacher said "beware, somebody might shoot up the school".

I'm going to be sure to stay alert for suspicious looking white guys or asian guys.

it isn't racist, as it doesn't make anybody feel inferior and it isn't that disrespectful.. it's just being alert.

In time of survival you can't worry about being "too cautious".

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thank you! I love trophy's.

But can you honestly say they didn't expect it to happen. BTW...I am friends with a beautiful intelligent Muslim lady. She agrees with me. She says they shouldn't be crying about discrimination as we all are discriminated against all the time for different things. No one is free from suffering.

are you, and your friend lesbo by any chance

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

There is no need to be afraid of anyone wear a certain type of clothes anyone who does so is a bigot period.
Anyone who would blame all for the actions of a few needs to have something happen to them to make them understand how the people discriminated against feel.

Would this have happen if the men were dressed in traditional South American, African, Japanese, Chinese or Indian clothing.

Of course not.
You don't see people blowing up air ports in a dysheeki or a samurai costume

you must be drunk to say something like that.

So if thats the case that if someone dresses like someone whom has committed a crime then what about skin color or hair style?

What about if someone did it in a suit and tie would all businessmen get this treatment.

I'm going to be honest with you.
I'm black.

And if a cop said "be on the look out for a crip gang member"

You're obviously going to suspect a black guy in black.. no that doesn't make you a racist in the least bit, it's just called being aware, and being alert.

I'm not saying call people racial slurs, or be like "hah, looking to blow up something again".

If I was a cop, and I got a call about gang members, i'd expect them to be black, as whites don't really join gangs.. and not all black join "gangs" but they usually are some blacks in street gangs.

So if someone said look out for gang members, i'd usually be on the look out for a mexican or a black, depending on where I was.

if I was at school and the teacher said "beware, somebody might shoot up the school".

I'm going to be sure to stay alert for suspicious looking white guys or asian guys.

it isn't racist, as it doesn't make anybody feel inferior and it isn't that disrespectful.. it's just being alert.

In time of survival you can't worry about being "too cautious".

its not racisim, its stereotyping... your post is as clear as mud, nobody was yelling "Muslim Terrorist" on the airplane....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

LOL! You obviously aren't getting my point. Sometimes people don't like the truth. Looks like you might be one of them.

I would tell you sorry for making you feel that way, but it looks like you think I am discriminatory and don't care about other feeling, so I will not bother.

Sorry, I acted on impulse then.

OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTION!!!

YOU BIG WUSSY!!

Not sure i would feel too comfortable on a plane right now either.... or even in a shopping centre!!

Did you see the Fanatics in London the other day? Go look at youtube reports and tell me they are here peacefully.
edit on 8-5-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join