It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I got a solution, put the paranoid people on a plane full of people that believe the rapture is coming this month. See how uneasy they feel then.

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Oh and BTW.. The Imams had to have known this was a possibility, I mean look they were going to a seminar on Islam discrimination for heaven's sake!

How dare they expect to be treated as equals and to not be discriminated against.....in a country that was created for relgious and personal freedoms!

I usually try to remain positive and non-confrontational on these threads, but you my friend have a twisted view of reality and I give you the award for "Ignorant statement of the day".

Here's your trophy....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

I act all impulse all the time. I just wish for peace and happiness like I am sure you do. But there are too many people out there that apparently don't want it. I will never understand that.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thank you! I love trophy's.

But can you honestly say they didn't expect it to happen. BTW...I am friends with a beautiful intelligent Muslim lady. She agrees with me. She says they shouldn't be crying about discrimination as we all are discriminated against all the time for different things. No one is free from suffering.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by BioStatistic

..What about me. I went to ride an amusement park ride once. Well I have a huge "chest" and the bar wouldn't latch. Guess what I had to get off the ride.I was embarrassed. So big breasted people are being discriminated against to, but do you hear an outcry for them? Heck no. See that is discrimination in of itself.

I'd struggle to cause it discrimination really, it's only bad luck unless you can prove the maker of the ride purposefully made it so it would not lock in place over your body.

Now however, if somebody else on the ride had decided that he didn't feel comfortable being on the ride with someone who had 'big breasts' and complained, and you were removed from the ride. THAT would be discrimination, and then you would hear an outcry; because whoever had complained about you should have been told "too bad" or told he could be removed from the ride himself if he felt uncomfortable.

The situations are entirely different.

I will not lie, plenty of times I have sat on a bus and had a group of say 20 Muslims, black kids or white kids (Strangely I never see a mix really) gets on and felt 'uncomfortable' but I know fully well that people probably used to feel the same when I got on the bus with my friends. And we meant no harm...so if I feel uncomfortable now its up to ME to get off of the bus, they shouldn't have to as they are doing nothing wrong.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Racism isn't right but if you are jumped by a gang of say, black guys and beaten and robbed then you ARE going to be nervous everytime you see black people coming down the street towards you..

No, not at all. However, I may be a little nervous going back to the location where I was hypothetically jumped.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

You are right about what makes discrimination, discrimination.Thank you for clearing that up.

Here is another one for you... I was born with cleft palette and lip. When I was just 6 years old one kid started calling me deformed face girl. Then all the rest joined in. I would dread going to school. Crying and feeling like an alien. Not one person did anything for me. At one point I wasn't allowed to go on the playground because the teachers thought it would be easier to remove me from the situation and not them (cause there was more of them?) Basically for several years in elementary school I was forced to go to school and be subjected to this. And not one person did anything to help me. I was made to believe it's just the way it is.

Needless to say, Later on in life I realized lots of people are discriminated against and it wasn't just me, it was almost everybody. That is why I think this situation is no different. Why do they get the recognition while countless others are being discriminated against right now too. What about all the other people and what makes you become newsworthy... I say all discrimination needs to stop, but if we start discriminating against the discriminator's wouldn't that be considered discrimination as well. I mean , should we lock up the discriminators..and yell at them until they stop. What if one of them wasn't really discriminating.

Humans suffer...lets just give each other hugs and continue on with our lives.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The two -- who hold high religious positions in the Muslim community -- were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia. The meeting is sponsored by the North American Imams Federation.

This has been done before. These Muslims know the deal. Act strange and suspicious aboard a plane heading to a conference to reinforce their position. This evokes sympathy, and a possible lawsuit.

Pretty disgusting.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Now that situation was most certainly discrimination.

But then you know how unfairly you were treated because of it, yet are supporting (the wrong word perhaps but you get my drift) others being treated the same. Just as you should have been able to stay on the playground, these men should have been allowed to stay on the plane.

The world is'nt perfect, but we should still fight the discrimination wherever possible.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Being personally discriminate against and being asked to get off a plane because of someone else's ignorance are two different subjects.

Yes we are all discriminated against at times, but when those bias' are acted upon is where things get messy and violates one's rights in America.

So whats more important.....your right to blindly discriminate or our rights as individuals to live free of discrimination?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The two -- who hold high religious positions in the Muslim community -- were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia. The meeting is sponsored by the North American Imams Federation.

This has been done before. These Muslims know the deal. Act strange and suspicious aboard a plane heading to a conference to reinforce their position. This evokes sympathy, and a possible lawsuit.

Pretty disgusting.

You being serious here? Why can't people who are educated post replies on here especially regarding Islam or Muslims, the majority are either Racist or Anti-Islamic Extremists. That is where I would class you as, who on earth in their right mind would want to purposly act strange and suspicious to be then taken off their plane and God knows what else done to them.

You insane?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by atty2011

Originally posted by Carseller4

Pretty disgusting.

You being serious here? Why can't people who are educated post replies on here especially regarding Islam or Muslims, the majority are either Racist or Anti-Islamic Extremists. That is where I would class you as, who on earth in their right mind would want to purposly act strange and suspicious to be then taken off their plane and God knows what else done to them.

You insane?

I dunno, but I ask you this... Who on earth would strap a bomb to their chests and set it off? I wonder if there was an agenda to this. At least this situation I have to question, because they were on their way to the seminar about discrimination. It would provide a good example for them to give in their speeches. I am not saying that it was purposely done, I am just acknowledging and giving a theory that it could have been done on purpose. How do you know they didn't pay those 2 people to cause a ruckus.

All in all, i am tired of this crap. If they were discriminated against, it's BS and if they planned it, it's BS too..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

GOOD POINT! its a lose lose situation for everyone!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I dunno, but I ask you this... Who on earth would strap a bomb to their chests and set it off? I wonder if there was an agenda to this. At least this situation I have to question, because they were on their way to the seminar about discrimination. It would provide a good example for them to give in their speeches. I am not saying that it was purposely done, I am just acknowledging and giving a theory that it could have been done on purpose. How do you know they didn't pay those 2 people to cause a ruckus.

So, now you are basing your argument on "what-if's" and theorizing that this could have been done with nefarious intententions by the very men removed from the plane?. Ok, prove it. Otherwise you are just spitting out rhetoric and biased opinion, which makes you not one iota better than those you are rallying against.

Edit to add: Is there a previous case where a Muslim spread fear on a plane in an attempt to draw sympathy or start a lawsuit? Please do not invoke 9/11.

edit on 7-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The six were returning from a conference in Minneapolis of the North American Imams Federation, said Omar Shahin of Phoenix, president of the group.

Sound familiar?

They know what buttons to push. It advances their agenda, and it also puts a little cash in their pockets.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Your logic is a breath of fresh air. Why didn't the crew ensure the passengers that both men went through the same TSA inspections they did? So do they just feel uncomfortable because of a misguided generalization based on the clothing of a culture and/or also not trust the security implementations that agency has put in place?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm staying out of this because I don't know what to think just yet but I did want to answer your question.

Look into the FLYING IMAMS INCIDENT. There was suspicion they purposefully provoked the incident for their own means.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

That article does not state a reason they were taken off the plane other than the fears of a passenger who passed a note to the attendant.

A passenger raised concerns about the imams — three of whom said their normal evening prayers in the airport terminal before boarding the Phoenix-bound plane, according to one — through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways.

Is it because they prayed before boarding the plane? Well if thats the case then maybe we should ask Christians to leave the diner next time they pray before a meal!

So where is this proven intent to cause fear and defraud?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Your link has better info, but they still were not arrested for anything and most of the "suspicious activity" what completely heresay. Will that hold up in the court of law?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks for the link. The interesting thing about that case is what one could construe as suspicious behavior another could argue the passengers were being overly paranoid of religious practices and a language that was foreign to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join