It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Obviously you didn't bother to read the original article on which the thread is based.

www.cnn.com...

"They went through security, even went through secondary security, and got on the plane, were taxiing out," he said.

But then, they were taxied back, Hooper said.

"TSA came on and pulled them off and said the pilot was refusing to fly with them because passengers were uncomfortable with them," Hooper said, referring to the Transportation Security Administration.

If it was fear, then they wouldn't have let them on the plane, and started to taxi for take off. Turning around at that point is a big deal. Being uncomfortable with them is probably a major understatement. The pilot wouldn't have taxied back if it was just the way they were dressed. The pilot would have refused to board them. Most likely these guys acted like a couple of jerks, and the pilot kicked them off the flight.

If the pilot was afraid of anything, most likely it was for the safety of the two Muslims, who had pissed off the wrong crowd of people.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The airlines did not say why the two men were taken off the flight, but said they were given the opportunity to fly on a different flight.

If that was the case, then why wouldn't they state it? The airlines had no problem in the past with saying someone got drunk or was being a total ass, and got booted off the plane.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Um, I think typically, they allege that the person was drunk. This obviously was a sensitive issue, so it seems they concentrated on being diplomatic.

The Pilots typically greet everyone, so it was fear of the way they were dressed, why taxi and then turn around.

Chances are these guys said or did something that really PO'd everyone off.

And there won't be any lawsuit.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by fordrew

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks. Look if muslims don't like this, the door is open for them to leave.

So, if you don't like them because of how they are dressed, THEY have the problem? No, YOU have the problem... They have every right in this country to wear the clothing they were wearing, whether you like it or not....

They posed no threat. The only problem was with the moronic passengers who saw a Muslim person so they decided to throw a fit... I have been on flights with Muslim people. Even sat right next to one... No problem...

If you choose to not like someone because of the clothing you wear, that is YOUR problem... You will be missing out on knowing so many great people....

These people were on there way to speak about islamaphobia and ended up dealing with it on their plane... How about this, if you don't like Citizens of this country having equal rights, then YOU can leave... YOU can go to a country in which discrimination is ok and people do not have equal rights....

How about that? Id rather be friends and fly with those two Muslim people, than a bigot, any day...

Deal with it.
edit on 12-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Obviously you didn't bother to read the original article on which the thread is based.

www.cnn.com...

"They went through security, even went through secondary security, and got on the plane, were taxiing out," he said.

But then, they were taxied back, Hooper said.

"TSA came on and pulled them off and said the pilot was refusing to fly with them because passengers were uncomfortable with them," Hooper said, referring to the Transportation Security Administration.

If it was fear, then they wouldn't have let them on the plane, and started to taxi for take off. Turning around at that point is a big deal. Being uncomfortable with them is probably a major understatement. The pilot wouldn't have taxied back if it was just the way they were dressed. The pilot would have refused to board them. Most likely these guys acted like a couple of jerks, and the pilot kicked them off the flight.

If the pilot was afraid of anything, most likely it was for the safety of the two Muslims, who had pissed off the wrong crowd of people.

Obviously you're unfamiliar with the idea of two people reading the same story, but reaching different conclusions. Of course I read it. I'm sure some passengers were uncomfortable, but this really comes across as an excuse to me. they were clean. I don't think there would have been a riot, so I stand by what I said. The pilot, using the passengers discomfort as a cover, displayed his own ignorance here, IMO. I know you can't know what's in someone's heart, but it's the feeling I get. happy to be proven wrong.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous that this happened. I couldn't even read the whole thread because some of the responses on the 1st page pissed me off so much. All these americans (I'm american too fyi) crying about loss of freedom etc, I suppose that freedom only applies to non-muslims now. Talk about going backwards in time. So who is the next general group we are supposed to hate on and feel uncomfortable around? I hope those men sue the sht out of that airline.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Absolutely ridiculous that this happened. I couldn't even read the whole thread because some of the responses on the 1st page pissed me off so much. All these americans (I'm american too fyi) crying about loss of freedom etc, I suppose that freedom only applies to non-muslims now. Talk about going backwards in time. So who is the next general group we are supposed to hate on and feel uncomfortable around? I hope those men sue the sht out of that airline.

we(black folks) are next
I'll tell ya, the last 10 years, ever since 9/11, I've seen so much of the dark side of humanity, how deep that racism fear, and hatred goes..I've seen it directed at me, racism INCREASED about a year into Obama's presidency, by my reckoning...this kind of thing vs. muslims will go on forever, because the american people have been conditioned via government,media and hollywood since the 80's to hate muslims. remember that film "executive decision" in '88? muslims take over an airplane and try to fly it into the white house. when condi rice opened her war-mongering trap after 9/11 and said no one was thinking of airplanes used like they were, I almost had an aneurism. what a lying beotch..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ah yes, the politically correct version, these two Muslim men must be innocent, and everyone else guilty. Clearly these two are the only people flying wearing middle eastern style clothes.

Considering that the pilot risked losing his job in a very tight job market, that he would have kicked these two off the plane without just cause is slim to none.

It isn't just the U.S. that has problems with Muslims, it is every country on the planet where they establish a presence, even in liberal Holland.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Man that's messed up.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Um, I think typically, they allege that the person was drunk. This obviously was a sensitive issue, so it seems they concentrated on being diplomatic.

The Pilots typically greet everyone, so it was fear of the way they were dressed, why taxi and then turn around.

Chances are these guys said or did something that really PO'd everyone off.

And there won't be any lawsuit.

Actually, the passengers complained first, and THEN the pilot refused to let them back on. Please get the facts correct.

unless the men openly endangered someone else on the flight, they should not have been taken off, That is how this country was supposed to work. Too bad it's been fear driven to the point of no return

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Yeah, everyone boarded, went through the whole long process. Waited for baggage to be loaded, the plane given clearance for take off, backed out and taxing down the to the runway, before things got so bad, people complaining about these guys, that the pilot actually cancelled the take off assignment, and taxied back and kicked them off the plane, refusing to allow them back in.

It has been long established that if people act like big enough jerks, they can be kicked off of a plane. In fact, it has happened to a few celebrities. Just because these guys are Muslims, the politically correct crowd wants to make them out to be the victims.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by StevenDye

You are right about what makes discrimination, discrimination.Thank you for clearing that up.

Here is another one for you... I was born with cleft palette and lip. When I was just 6 years old one kid started calling me deformed face girl. Then all the rest joined in. I would dread going to school. Crying and feeling like an alien. Not one person did anything for me. At one point I wasn't allowed to go on the playground because the teachers thought it would be easier to remove me from the situation and not them (cause there was more of them?) Basically for several years in elementary school I was forced to go to school and be subjected to this. And not one person did anything to help me. I was made to believe it's just the way it is.

I was Fat Lip or Monkey, you aren't the only one.

At the time it was a nightmare, the pain of multiple surgeries coupled with the torment of peers, plus I was that special case that had no parents.
God did that all ever change quick though.
I thought it would last forever, now it's all just a fading memory that I can laugh at.
It's one of the main reasons I have respect for everyone until they give me a reason not to.
I don't judge either. Been there.

I wouldn't be me had it not happened like that.
I needed it to happen like that to me for me to truly understand what it is I have now to enjoy.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one and that I feel for you and wish you the best.
Though i'm sure you are strong as hell.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join