It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Sounds like you were born into wealth, and have lived a life of privilege, most likely made possible by the aggressively brutal tactics used against the poor people of Brazil, to keep them poor, and to keep the rich families of Brazil rich.

A vast majority of us hate the results of the Patriot Act. Made possible, in my opinion, by people within the U.S. who are in fact partners with the terrorists.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

What a surprise!

One of the members of the leaders of the group, convicted or what was essentially an honor killing.

Who knows what these guys were saying or doing that got them kicked off the plane,

But chances are if they were a couple of Nazi's in uniform, or Clansmen in robes, these people would not be defending them.

Since when has it became wrong to denounce those who preach hatred.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It is certainly high time that our citizens of this country (U.S.) go ahead and consume a nice steamy hot cup of courage before they get on an airline, and stop fearing our neighbors next door (Muslims). Every time an incident like this occurs, the groups whom actually want to do America harm go ahead and carve another notch on their Victory board. If you thought that the count of Obama 1 Osama 0 was accurate, you may need to do a recount. They had already won long ago, when we agreed to live in a state of fear that persists ten years later.

Besides, we have a greater chance of dying from a bird strike on takeoff, than a commerical airline terrorist attack. How many successful terrorist attacks since 9/11 have occured on airlines since then? Zero? Attempted? One underware bomber?

America will be so blind and expect such attacks to occur on an airline, whose security system now in place is not only overbearing and overrestricting but allowed almost no chance for future attacks of similiar style (hopefully, since one price we pay is our men, women, and children getting sexually assaulted before boarding), that is until the next series of attacks reveal a new tactic that not many people will have expected.

These same chickens that reported these Muslims need to stop living in the decade past, expand their imagination and look to the future, for their (for the most part, imaginary) "enemy" will have most likely already adapted and overcome, and will then introduce new ways to commit terrorism that will occur far, far away from any airplane that not many will have foreseen until it happens.

Meanwhile, (allegedly) specific intel gathered from the bin Laden compound points to possible attacks in our future on U.S. rail systems by use of tactics as rudimentary as planting objects on train tracks so as to derail a train - And so in response, illogically, Senator Chuck Schumer proposes an Amtrak 'no-ride list', where attacks of this specific style will never require such terrorists to ever board a train, nor enter a train station.

This then, in my opinion, is the very definition of ignorance. Deny it! American continues to freely hand over it's freedoms, the very freedoms that "Al-Qaeda" wants to take away from us. I would say they continue to succeed at that goal, sans any actual terrorist attacks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Sounds like you were born into wealth, and have lived a life of privilege, most likely made possible by the aggressively brutal tactics used against the poor people of Brazil, to keep them poor, and to keep the rich families of Brazil rich.

A vast majority of us hate the results of the Patriot Act. Made possible, in my opinion, by people within the U.S. who are in fact partners with the terrorists.

On the contrary, my friend. When I was born, I was lower middle class. And I was a lot more lucky than my father, who was born in poverty in one of the tiniest cities in Brazil. My grandfather was a truck driver while my grandma took care of their 7 children. My grandfather devoted his whole life to work hard for his family and his life story is beautiful and example to all our family generations. Nothing is more valuable in my family than hard work, because that is what gave us everything we have today.

So, once again, don't try to change the subject and paint me as the bad guy. My family didnt apply any brutal tactics against the poor people of Brazil. We actually help several poor comunities. In every city where we have a company, we do something to help the local communities.

I have done my share, and still do my share and have photos to prove it, of the work I do with poor communities. I have once organized an tech fair together with an university in Sao Luis, in the state of Maranhao, at the northeast of Brazil and we managed to gather 1 ton of food which I personally distributed to the poor community of Araçagy. I am rich. But I know how I got here. How my family got here. And I am proud of all the hard work we have done.

That aside, you talk about Brazil like you know my country. Which is fair, since I talk about US as well. But I wonder if you know my country as well as I know yours?

And when you mention that in our country we keep the poor poorer and the rich, richer, are you sure you are not talking about capitalism? Are you a communist?

You really don't know Brazil. Have you been here? Have you been following the news about our economy? While our poor poeple are becoming middle class, the opposite is happening in US. I'm sorry, but it's not Brazil that is going through an economical crysis. It is your country. My country doesn't have a problem with unemployment. Your country does. My country is not bailing out big corporations with taxpayers dollars, making the richer even more rich. Yours is.

Now, going back to topic...

My point is that if you justify that people had the right to remove the muslims from the air plane because of Freedom of Speech, you are saying that Freedom of Speech allows prejudice and racism... When I mentioned I have visited Dubai and Jordan, I meant to say that it is common ot see people dressed in their typical garments. Those same garments that made those US citizens afraid in the airplane. Although those two could've been standing out from the rest of the crowd in the airplane, the fear of the majority was based on ignorance and disinformation by mainstream media. If they have had the experience that I had, to go to Dubai and Jordan, they would realise how normal it is for people to wear clothes like that.

Heck, I have just returned from Tailand and 4% of their population is muslim. I have seen them everywhere in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Even in Pukhet Island.

I don't pretend to understand how 9/11 psychologically affected US citizens, be it an inside job or not. So I can see how that event could have caused part of this prejudice. I would rather see people being educated about this, than just standing by any form of prejudice. It is just not justifiable.
edit on 10-5-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I know enough about Brazil to know that most of the people live in extreme poverty, and while Brazil is doing much better these days, it has a long ways to go to catch up to the U.S..

Wow, your family managed to raise yourselves up from lower middle class, that is quite an accomplishment in Brazil, or anywhere in Latin America, a very rare exception indeed. From my understanding, there is still a great deal of corruption, and moffia style influence in determining who succeeds.

Americans do not fear Islam, or these Mulahs in their dresses. They simply refuse to put up with them, as is their right.

you are saying that Freedom of Speech allows prejudice and racism

Just as you are saying that Freedom of Religion allows prejudice and racism. Groups that openly promote prejudice and racism like the Islam, the KKK, and the NAZIs are allowed to exist.

What I wonder is why do you oppose those who speak out against these groups who openly support prejudice and racism. Why do you attack those who are attacking the bigots?

I would rather see people being educated about this, than just standing by any form of prejudice. It is just not justifiable.

I think the people in the airplane were giving those Mullahs a lesson, a well deserved lesson.

The message is, hey Mullahs, stop spreading your hatred and bigotry, because we aren't going to put up with it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

If you know what you were talking about, you would know that the U.S. does not live in a state of fear, and that they are sending strong messages to those who they feel have cheated them, that things are going to change.

You think Muslim radicals are on the side of liberty?

Where is Halliburton headquarters currently located?

These Muslim Mullahs preaching their hate work for the PTB, big banking, big oil, all the big ICs, drug runners, on and on.

And they have pissed off the wrong people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks.....

It does not help matters any that one of those "moderate Muslims" Leaders, founder of an upstate New York TV station aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes, was found guilty of 2nd degree murder for beheaded his estranged wife in February of this year.

www.wgrz.com...

Oh my goodness! That is crazy. I am going to bite my tongue on this one and let facts speak for themselves. Thank you for letting me know. I really wish they wouldn't consider women dogs. I can't believe the women let them do it. It's craZy

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks.....

It does not help matters any that one of those "moderate Muslims" Leaders, founder of an upstate New York TV station aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes, was found guilty of 2nd degree murder for beheaded his estranged wife in February of this year.

www.wgrz.com...

Oh my goodness! That is crazy. I am going to bite my tongue on this one and let facts speak for themselves. Thank you for letting me know. I really wish they wouldn't consider women dogs. I can't believe the women let them do it. It's craZy

This is one crazy guy, who happened to be Muslim. Do not try to lecture me on the story, as I actually live in the town next to this scumbag and know ALL about it. He hack off his wifes head and then tried to present himself as his own legal consul and made a mockery of the legal system. He is as crazy as they come and deserves to rot for life.

That being said, there are Muslims that life on my street and are perfectly normal people. About 20 people (or more) are murdered here every month, and Im willing to bet less than 2% of them are Muslim. The vast majority don't identify to any religion, which is actually very telling.

Do you see how your fear of Muslims is so extremely far out of proportion?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
THINGS THAT ARE MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN TO KILL YOU THAN A TERRORIST ATTACK:

-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

Linky

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
it's obvious we need to have standard clothing for flying.

spandex!

why not? no spandex no fly.

no need the tsa grope or the x-ray machines.

edit on 11-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The plan going in.

1. Dress in Muslim attire.
2. Discreetly cause a ruckus. Rile up passengers and crew.
3. Get kicked off plane.
4. Alert media.
5. Quickly settle with airline.

It's happened before, and probably will again.

2 major times this has happened. The one thing in common. Both groups were traveling to or from Muslim Conferences.

Are you people blind?

Oh yeah, blame the victims, very mature!
The 'plan' depends on Americans being predictably bigoted, you notice?
Reminds me that me old Dad used to say "you can't cheat an honest man". In other words, no 'sue the airlines' plot would work unless the American public could be relied upon to act like jerks..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

It's not really biggotry in most cases though. It is brainwashing and ignorance. They watch too much TV, and read too little nonfiction. They see all the evil scary boogymen muslims on all kinds of TV shows, and that is all they really know when it comes to muslims. So they get spooked.

I remember a few years back, a guy that played a "bad guy", kidnapper I think it was, on america's most wanted got the police called on him multiple times lmao. They saw the "bad guy" from the TV and made the connection.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefirstrasta
reply to post by Vicky32

Well to be fair this was in China where there are very few people as dark skinned as the person I was referring to, for example many locals would ask for photos with him which was rather interesting. However china do also abuse the false 'war on terror' pretext to attack natives of western china, presumably for the valuable resources they reside upon. Same is true with Chechnya and Central Asian dictatorships - seems many more powers have their fingers in this racket, as evident by the increase of state violence post 9-11. Sad times indeed, but nothing new in history - call them communists, terrorists or savages, all the same deal - resource wars.

You're right, sadly...
Vicky

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Definitely got to agree with you.

People watch too much TV, and people get so caught up in what is real and what is media portrayed.

People sadly don't realize the difference between a show/movie and then they get scared because they never been in such a situation before and the only experience they had is when they were watching it on TV.

So they will get uncomfortable because what happened on TV might happen to them.

I hope my point comes across clearly.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Vicky32

It's not really biggotry in most cases though. It is brainwashing and ignorance. They watch too much TV, and read too little nonfiction. They see all the evil scary boogymen muslims on all kinds of TV shows, and that is all they really know when it comes to muslims. So they get spooked.

I remember a few years back, a guy that played a "bad guy", kidnapper I think it was, on america's most wanted got the police called on him multiple times lmao. They saw the "bad guy" from the TV and made the connection.

Oh yes, I definitely understand the brain-washing thing! Here in NZ, we have at least one American cop show on each of the five free-to-air channels every night, and I watch two of them. Crime Scene Investigation (the original) and Castle, which is sometimes very funny - and I like Nathan Fillion. (Occasionally also, 'Without a Trace', the one with all the Australians in key roles.

I see people being brain-washed to accept that they have no rights regarding police interrogtation. They are threatened and bullied and the cops say "he lawyered up" as if a common sense action, which is also a right, is a sign of guilt.
I've noticed that any character who stands up for him or herself against the cops, will turn out to be a or the villain. Example - a character being questioned, stayed silent, and the cop said "All right, keep quiet and we'll see you in 60 years when you get out"..
The character immediately spilled her guts, despite possible danger to her family... Sloppy writing,impatience and teaching the public that a cop can make a bizarre threat to find the character guilty if she exercises her right to silence! Oddly, she was only a witness and had not even been arrested.
(In Britain the caution says "You have the right to remain silent but anything you do say will be taken down etc.." I don't know what the caution says in the USA, despite having watched years' worth of cop shows. )
edit on 11/5/11 by Vicky32 because: To correct typo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I know enough about Brazil to know that most of the people live in extreme poverty, and while Brazil is doing much better these days, it has a long ways to go to catch up to the U.S..

Most people in Brazil don't live in extreme poverty. That was once a sad reality, but that number has been greatly reduced. Today, around 16% live in extreme poverty. Which is different than being poor. The poor in Brazil have DVD players, access to lines of credit, cell phones and are starting to travel by airplane as well. I am glad to see our country taking shape and although we have a long way to come close to China, we are already the 10th world economy.

Wow, your family managed to raise yourselves up from lower middle class, that is quite an accomplishment in Brazil, or anywhere in Latin America, a very rare exception indeed. From my understanding, there is still a great deal of corruption, and moffia style influence in determining who succeeds.
Yes, we did succeed, as did many others. You see, in my grandfathers time, Brazil was taking shape. Someone with vision, organised and not afraid to work hard, could become successful. There are MANY stories like ours in Brazil. Almost everyone in the transportation business is like that. One of the richest man in Brazil, Silvio Santos, came from nothing. Dont you guys talk about the American Dream? Well, we have stories like that in Brazil as well.

you are saying that Freedom of Speech allows prejudice and racism

Just as you are saying that Freedom of Religion allows prejudice and racism. Groups that openly promote prejudice and racism like the Islam, the KKK, and the NAZIs are allowed to exist.

What I wonder is why do you oppose those who speak out against these groups who openly support prejudice and racism. Why do you attack those who are attacking the bigots?

I dont oppose anyone's right to say whatever it is they want to say. Say it. Those passangers who were unconfortable had the right to say it. That's a LOT different than having the right to kick someone out of the air plane. Whatever you feel you have the right to say will be defined by your morals, your education and your view of right and wrong.

Now, especially in US, a country that likes to carry the banner of democracy around the world, as well as the banner of capitalism, it is contradictory to kick someone out of the plane beucase some passangers have prejudice against them. Doesn't that remind you the case of that black lady who was kicked out of the bus? Back in the days in US?

The problem here is not even just prejudice. It's beyond that. My question is, are they allowed to do that? Can I just say "I dont feel comfortable with the way that other passanger, who purchased the airplane ticket just like me, is dressed and I want him out of the plane because I think he could be a terrorist"? Those guys were cleared by TSA. What's the point of you guys being manhandled by TSA if you are still not feeling secure when you see a bearded guy with towel on his head entering the airplane?

I think the people in the airplane were giving those Mullahs a lesson, a well deserved lesson.

The message is, hey Mullahs, stop spreading your hatred and bigotry, because we aren't going to put up with it.

Really? So, that's the way you send a message to stop spreading hathred? By spreading hathred back? Yeah, that will work...
edit on 11-5-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
this is a great way of getting rid of annoying passangers on planes!

as soon as you enter the plane look for the passangers that will annoy you the most on the plane, decide which steryotype you can use as an excuse. A few words to the crew and a peacefull flight all the way.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
this is a great way of getting rid of annoying passangers on planes!

as soon as you enter the plane look for the passangers that will annoy you the most on the plane, decide which steryotype you can use as an excuse. A few words to the crew and a peacefull flight all the way.

Like the ones that snore loudly and the ones who constantly fart? =P

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes, I see that Brazil is doing well these days, and I have hopes that they succeed and become a first world economy. I wouldn't make China a goal, China has more problems than you can imagine. While things in the U.S. are down right now, they were going great a little over a decade again, and we will turn things around quicker than you can imagine, contrary to all those who wish us ill luck, thank you very much.

Interesting how many people jump on the bandwagon that these Mullahs are innocent, and the passengers with whom they had problems started all the trouble.

You see people dressed in various styles from many cultures in the airports and on planes all the time when you go to the airport. Why is it that these two got kicked off? All these people who immediately blame it on U.S. passengers are just displaying their own bigotry. Chances are these two guys got kicked off for their own bad behavior.

edit add, missed this

Really? So, that's the way you send a message to stop spreading hathred? By spreading hathred back? Yeah, that will work...

As a final resort, yeah, that is exactly what you have to do sometimes. We see what is going on in Europe with Muslims gang raping European women, and harassing non-Muslims in the neighborhoods they take over, hassling women who do not cover their heads, teaching their young boys to call women whores. Europe and the U.S. are the most ethically diverse nations on the planet. We pretty much get along with everyone, but Islam continuously proves that they do not play well with others, everywhere they go. At some point in time the answer is to get in their face, and if that doesn't work, then things escalate.

edit on 11-5-2011 by poet1b because: part after edit add.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens, again and again and again, and still people fall for it. TPTB sow fear, xenophobia, racism to keep us fighting each other instead of fighting them. they do this so often, and very few see it. maddening. Why do so few see this? These guys on the plane did nothing wrong. they were who they were, they even took a re-screening, and the candyass pilot still refused to fly them. if he's that scared, he needs his ticket pulled, he has no business flying. And this is a really scary and slippery slope. I'm black, and we're next, per that bull# story about bin laden trolling black muslims for converts to jihad. and some of you will go along, and say, "yeah I always knew those people weren't really one of us, real americans" and go on about your lives..

Untill TPTB decide that people that look like tim mcveigh should be the focus, not "jamal" from Accounting.

then what?

What are some of you, the ones who agree with what happened to these 2 men, going to do when YOUR profile is DHS's main focus? I bet you'll be singing a different tune, but, then, it'll be too late.
edit on 11-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join