It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
because if they were real terrorists they would have dressed in full Islamic garb and screamed Allahu Akbar while they were on flight right? WRONG. Its something called subtlety right and exercising discretion. If I wanted to blow up a plane doing it in full Muslim attire would not be what I would want to do because I will have everyone staring at me..

If you or if I wear full Islamic garb in the middle of the Western world, say a city like New York City, YOU WILL have anyone who passes you have a good look at you. So much for exercising subtlety if you want to do something devious. If you did wear full Islamic garb you will be lynched if you were standing in the middle of NYC. YOU will be stared at because you look different..
edit on 7-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

Actually wrong. Nobody in New York City cares. I will boldly say that the North Eastern portion of the US is actually smarter than any other part of the country. A guy in full islamic garb will attract less notice than a smelly homeless man who stinks up a whole train car.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can't believe that everyone else can't see the wood for the trees.

The definition of Terrorism (or one of many, depending where you look)

the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

They are winning!

They are destroying your country from the inside. Look at what your people are becoming.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Americans will never admit two things.

One, they are racists.

Two, they are sorry for all the atrocities that have been comitted under their watch.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

They are winning!

So this explains why they attack a duly elected President? Not only the President but his wife.

"I'm trying to say that our first lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you."

--Rush LimBOAT

If Michelle doesn't fit into a swimsuit then I wonder what he thinks about both Barbara's fitting into a swimsuit. Oh wait, he never cared about them. Just Obama's wife fitting into a swimsuit.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd shoot myself in the head if I ever saw hillary or chelsea in a swimsuit.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's quite clear that many people in here have never met or talked to a Muslim before in their life. It's quite saddening to witness. It must be awful living in such fear.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Perhaps one of them drank from a 'whites only' drinking fountain. Perhaps they wouldn't sit at the back of the bus.

If the airlines are going to go along with this ridiculous bigotry, they should set aside another plane for every flight where a brown person, or non-Christian is booked. They'd lose money a lot slower than the lawsuit I HOPE they get after this.

The people complaining - as well noted above - were passed through the same security screening as everyone else on the aircraft. I wonder if anyone on the flight upset about the draconian TSA 'laws'! Comply with the TSA because they are making flights 'safe,' yet complain when someone different from you gets through.

This kind of bigotry makes me sick.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
It's quite clear that many people in here have never met or talked to a Muslim before in their life. It's quite saddening to witness. It must be awful living in such fear.

LOL.

Too true.

They are their own victims of self-inflicted fear and ignorance, and it must inhibit them in any normal, social and civil discourse. As you say, it's sad to see.

I bet a lot of these people actually know some Muslims without realising it.

''That guy who works at the local corner-store ain't no Muslim, 'coz he ain't got no big long beard and turban and shizzle. Yee-haw !''. < Bang Bang >

''That there Senegalese taxi-driver ain't no Muslim, 'coz he is black ! All Muslims are brown. Yee-haw!'' < Bang Bang >

The < Bang Bang > is meant to represent some American shooting his guns in the air in a Yosemite Sam stylee...

edit on 8-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos

One, they are racists.

Two, they are sorry for all the atrocities that have been comitted under their watch.

I readily admit to both of those things.

second.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm confused.

So, people are arguing that it's alright to use full body scanners or, if one opts out, pat downs (in some cases, aggressive pat downs,) because it ostensibly keeps us safer. Everyone acquiesces to these procedures (not everyone, but enough that it is becoming the "new normal") because they believe it will prevent terrorists from getting on to aircraft.

Yet now, once we're aboard, if we see someone in Islamic garb - despite knowing they had to have gone through the same security measures we just did - we're "uncomfortable" with their presence, so they have to get off the plane?

So, which is it? Do scanners and pat downs keep us safe, or are they incapable of protecting us from the two Imams on the plane? Because it can't be both in my opinion.

This makes me incredibly sad and frustrated. I hope these two gentlemen and others who have faced similar discrimination (I don’t know what else to call it) make some C.A.L.S. before all is said and done.
edit on 5/8/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

DESTINATION!, GROUND ZERO!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

One, they are racists.

One: Don't generalize, that's just as bad as racism

Two: it's spelled committed

Many Americans are not ignorant, but proud of our accomplishments, while still being sorrowful for past atrocities.

The problem isn't Americans, I know that if every American knew what our government was doing, there would be a revolution overnight. That is what we try to do here: gather information and get it out. It is an equal part super rich globalists using America, and our government being apathetic that causes the U.S. to be the way it is. Not it's people.

And that's how we do it up north

Edit to add:
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

second.

Pity, you should come live in a civilized U.S. city
edit on 8-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77

Truth is everyone is discriminated against several times in there lifetimes. But I feel doubly discriminated against since everyone is feeling bad for the Muslim on the air flight and not me..What about me. I went to ride an amusement park ride once. Well I have a huge "chest" and the bar wouldn't latch. Guess what I had to get off the ride.I was embarrassed. So big breasted people are being discriminated against to, but do you hear an outcry for them? Heck no. See that is discrimination in of itself. Why do muslims get recognition and not us poor big breasted people. You might say I could get a reduction..well that takes money and just like the muslims I shouldn't have to change anything about myself

Titillating story. However, the difference is that others complained about the presence of the two Imams based on nothing other than ignorance, intolerance and were the victims of state-sanctioned knee jerk redneck fear mongering, whereas regarding your weapons of mass distraction it would have been due to real safety concerns (as opposed to perceived as on plane).

So, they'd been through the TSA scanner, but people were still unhappy with their presence? what a bunch of ignorant rednecks.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

second.

Pity, you should come live in a civilized U.S. city

In 'civilized cities' they dont admit to their latent racism?

The worst kinds of racists are the ones who claim they aren't.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

In 'civilized cities' they dont admit to their latent racism?

The worst kinds of racists are the ones who claim they aren't.

So everyone is racist in every city huh?

When I walk into the ACLU everyone just sees my skin color?

It's actually much more work to be racist the just seeing everyone as an individual.

Racism is driven by fear, lies and envy. Three characteristics some people do their best to get rid of, instead of embracing it like you.

I think the worse kind of racists are the ones that think everyone else is as racist as them

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

I think you misunderstand the intent of my statement. I did not say I am PROUD of it, or reveling in it. I'm just admitting it exists within my worldview, because, as Americans, we are all trained that way.

You can claim you arent a racist, I dont know you so I cant say either way. But I can say that I know very few people who arent at least bigoted, and most often in the states when a white person has some level of bigotry and some level of authority, it manifests as racism.

I'm sure the people on that plane from Memphis who were 'uncomfortable' sitting next to two men with slightly brown skin and slightly different dress would not admit to being racist, either.
edit on 8-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

you're right, discrimination does happen all the time to all kinds of people and you don't hear reports on them. however, it does not justify the fact that 2 people had to be removed from an airplane because their faith and wardrobe made a few people uncomfortable. you suggested them changing their wardrobe that way they won't get all these looks and suspicions from people, but they shouldn't have to change the way they dress just to make a few people comfortable. if those people were uncomfortable then they should have been the ones that needed to be removed (as so many other people have already stated). they went through security just like everyone else, they even went through the second line of security and they were not a threat. when they were removed from the plane they were checked AGAIN and still posed as no threat. also as someone else mentioned, if you were going to do something like hijack a plane or something, you wouldn't walk around in clothes that attract a lot of attention. the whole thing about the discrimination against "big breasted" women, that is like comparing apples and oranges, they are two completely different situations, and not being able to ride a ride because your breasts won't fit is not discrimination. it's not like the people that made the ride intentionally made it to wear you couldn't ride if you have big breasts. i am sorry to hear about what happened to you when you were younger, that was horrible, but that happening to you is what shocks me about your perspective on this issue. these two people were discriminated against just like you were, yet you think this situation shouldn't get recognized because muslims aren't the only ones suffering from discrimination. that may be true, but that doesn't mean that we should just blow it off like it's no big deal, and that the people who felt uncomfortable on the plane were right to feel the way they did.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is it bad I fear people in suits more than Muslims? As far as i'm aware these people did nothing, but yet we have elites (the suits) who invade countries for oil, kill innocent citizens and so forth..so who exactly is the one to worry about?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Is it bad I fear people in suits more than Muslims? As far as i'm aware these people did nothing, but yet we have elites (the suits) who invade countries for oil, kill innocent citizens and so forth..so who exactly is the one to worry about?

Exactly. Wealthy white people make me nervous.

We all need to say we fell 'uncomfortable' with all the people not flying coach.
edit on 8-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join