It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torchlight: My Latest Gaming Addiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Cartoonish, WOW-style graphics and art design, randomly generated dungeons, hoards of evil monsters, endless piles of loot and gold. The developers set out to craft a well-balanced, boiled down version of the classic Action-RPG, dungeon crawler, hack n slash lootfest and I think they did a great job. sure it lacks multiplayer, suffers from lag with a couple dozen enemies on-screen (at least the XBLA version) and offers really only one mode of play besides a fishing mini-game, but i paid 1200 MS points and have put a solid 15 hours in and still haven't gotten bored. well worth the price!

This is, however, my first real foray into the world of the hack n slash dungeon crawler... and i'm obsessed. I play 360 and MAC, anyone have any essential A-RPG titles I'm missing out on? preferably cheap, older ones. I might have to save up for Diablo 3 now that I've discovered my new favorite genre.

Torchlight Wiki Page

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's a great game!
I've been playing it for a few months now and I love it.

Thumbs up!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
diablo II was great.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

i've never played the series. do you think it would be worth going back and playing through, or should i just wait for 3 to come out?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

nice!
it never ceases to amaze me how much mileage i'm getting out of a simple, cheap, cutesy game like this.
are you a fan of the genre? or just torchlight?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

get part II...it'll be cheap, and it's way better than torchlight IMO

when does part III come out?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Bought this on the Steam Christmas sale for like £3, not a bad little game. Found it hard to really get into it though, especially with the ridiculously small bag and system of sending your dog back to town every 3 minutes.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

no release date yet, but it's supposed to be 2011

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

yeah, i definitely have my gripes, but you can't beat the price!

top topics

join