It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What does it feel like to be filled with the Holy Spirit? What kind of gifts has He bestowed on you?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Okay, this is the message I recieved "We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion. Your post has been determined to be too short. Please use your browser's back button and add to your message."

So here is my original answer that should be long enough now:

LIFE...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Only someone who has accepted Christ as Savior can have the Holy Spirit living inside them. And anyone can accept Christ, that's why He came. This is the main thing to realize. Our spirit is a person's ability to relate to God. When people are born their spirit is dead(literally) because of sin. When you accept Christ, the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of you(literally). He then gives your dead spirit back life. You surrender to Him and He teaches you how to live a life that is satisfying. This doesn't happen all at once and you don't learn everything at once. He convicts you of sin and teaches you what is right and developes your character to the point that we are on a journey to become all we can be as christians. He gives us the strength to say no to sin acts. Without Him we are a slave to sin, which means we had no choice but to sin. He free's us from slavery to sin. We have direct access to God the Father.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
When I was a Christian, I was told I had the gift of interpretation; that I could understand and explain the word to others.

Originally posted by dbrandt
When people are born their spirit is dead(literally) because of sin. When you accept Christ, the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of you(literally). He then gives your dead spirit back life. You surrender to Him and He teaches you how to live a life that is satisfying.

Without Him we are a slave to sin, which means we had no choice but to sin. He free's us from slavery to sin. We have direct access to God the Father.

ok, here is your chance to teach me something....

How does the above quote apply to my 3 year old daughter? Are you saying that her spirit is dead? That she has no access to God?

Please excuse the OT question.

respectfully,
BG

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Okay, so it looks like 'dbrandt' has convinced me to change my answer (something that not very many people have ever been able to do), so look closely...

Life Everlasting...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

ok, here is your chance to teach me something....

How does the above quote apply to my 3 year old daughter? Are you saying that her spirit is dead? That she has no access to God?

Please excuse the OT question.

respectfully,
BG

I have 4 kids myself, 18, 14, 12, 11. We are ALL born with the the ability to sin. Does a 2 hour old baby sin? No. But the sin nsture is in him/her. It will show up and be evident and produce sin as they grow up. God sees and hears everybody and what they say and do(this doesn't mean He likes or approves of it all). I'm speaking of a personal relationship.that brings salvation & thatshe will have eternal everlasting life. Our sins past present and future are forgiven and we are restored to God through Christ alone. Your daughter has innocence, don't confuse that with her spirit.

Once she starts school and sees things that are not right and sinful , her "innocence" will be taken away by the world. She is also going to be making choices as she grows between right and wrong. She won't be able to trust herself in all matters. God forbid if something happened to her at this age she would immediately be with the Lord. But there is an age of accountability after which everyone must make a choice for or against Christ. The best thing you could do if you aren't already is buy a Bible story book for kids and start introducing her to Jesus and who He is and why He came. One of the greatest thrills of YOUR life would be to be the one to explain to your daughter who Jesus is and then be the one to pray with her to accept Christ as her Lord and Savior. Do you know the impact this would have on her as she grows? To know that her dad loves her so much that he would not listen to what the rest of the world says, "All paths lead to heaven". But he took the time to show me who my Heavenly Father is.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by dbrandt]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am a Roman Catholic. God has granted me many graces and gifts, amongst them:

prophetic dreams
high degree of emphathy
optimism
perseverence
humility
to be an instrument of His healing power
ability to forgive and forget
ability to see positive things in everyone
ability to see people and life through Christ's eyes
no desire for materialistic things
intelligence
writing ability
a calling to be an intercessor in prayer for others for their healing

The 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:

Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety and
Fear of the Lord.

The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit are:

Charity: Love for God above all things for His own sake, and for our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God.

Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Mildness, Faith, Modesty, Chastity,

Benignity: The virtue of kindness and the quality of understanding sympathy and concern for persons in need. It is shown in affable speech, generous conduct, and forgiveness for injuries sustained.

Longanimity: Extraordinary patience under provocation or trial; also called "long suffering". Longanimity includes forbearance and restraint in demanding justice.

Continence: The virtue by which we control unruly sexual passions. It generally refers to chastity by the unmarried. Within marriage, it refers to abstinence from the marital act, whether voluntarily agreed or forced by circumstances. Continence is related to the virtue of temperance.

Some other exampls of gifts from God include:

healing, salvation, working miracles, grace, repentance, prophecy,
speaking in tongues, interpretation of tongues, discernment of spirits, dream and vision interpretation, gift of imparting spiritual blessings,
leadership, skills, talents and abilities.

Personally I think the greatest gifts are: life, children and friends.

The 4 Cardinal Virtues are temperance, prudence, justice, and fortitude.

The 7 Capital Virtues include temperance, humility, liberality, brotherly love, meekness, chastity, and diligence.

The 7 Capital Sins are pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth. They are called capital because all the sins of commission and omission.

Sometimes we take for granted gifts from God, such as having an income, a roof over our head, food in our bellies and security. When I spotted the moon today in the morning sky, I thought about all the colors and light of the sun and amazing clouds, and I believe the earth is a gift from God to mankind.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
when i got the holy ghost it was the most wanderful thing that has ever happened to me it felt like i was flying or floating more like it like the weight of this world was lifted off my shoulders it was great i would love to feel that way again.

top topics

join