It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complicated situation....need help.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wish I had been here at the beginning of this thread.

Assassin - you did exactly what was needed - you talked with her. You treated her like a human being who is worth something. (which, despite some replies here imply, she is).

You love her. And she may well love you too - you can't really know until you talk and talk deeply. She has had a crappy life and really doesn't know what she wants or what she believes. You have helped her because you care for her, and she will realise that. I daresay that the only other help she has ever received was from those who wanted to use her. You are different and she doesn't know how to deal with it. She may well believe herself not worthy of your love.

Her friends are a complete waste of space. That is all I can say. If you can get her away from them, she will have a chance for a decent and happy life. But you need to be careful if you plan to try that - don't 'diss' them - just point out how different she is from them. How she is the type of girl who has a future, and who deserves to live it free of interferance and manipulation.

Let us know what happens next.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the other members on the thread who have replied.
Granted, you have shown you're humanity by helping this girl, and showing her that she is special and does have a future. Beyond that, I would advise against involving yourself any further than a simple friendship. Caution: She may try and ask favors of you, such as hiding her activities from her parents, or flat out do things in which she expects you to come to her rescue. This is common. This is "damsel-in-distress" dramaling behavior. These people make life more complicated and difficult than they really are. Re-assess, reevaluate, take stock of strange and unusual behavior, then help her seek professional help, and soon! She needs a psychological examination and a reality check! That is what real friends do! BTW, I would not discount the idea that your parents would have some useful tips in helping her. Talk to them, they may suprise you.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let us know what happens next.

Good move by talking to her. That may have settled her down for the time-being.

Still, talk to a professional, or get her parents to, or your parents to! Someone needs to talk to a professional about this. Being suicidal, and having already tried to commit suicide, is a grave thing, and especially since you stated that she was schizophrenic, she could turn suicidal at any moment.

Get a professional to give her counseling, while you do your part by talking to her as a friend, show her you care for her, not her body. If she has truly been taken advantage of sexually, she will probably have little trust. Show her she can trust you.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

-wD

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
In your original post you say she's just started taking the medication for schizophrenia. Get her to go back to her doctor and tell him/her the effects of the medication and that she's feeling suicidal. Make sure the doctor has the full picture. It often takes time to find suitable medication to treat mental illnesses. Her doctor is in the best position to give her the support she needs. Just carry on being her friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Im still talking to her pretty much everyday.....we are very good friends now, she is moving away soon so there is little I can do when shes gone.....we will still be in contact.....just not physical contact. Shes a lot better now, she loves me but I think shes scared to be with me.......maybe in a couple years when shes matured and dealt with her problems....we might have at it again.

Thanks for all the help guys.....your the greatest.

- Dustin

top topics

<< 1   >>

join