It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange anomaly (bug?) if editing the 19th post in a thread....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
.....or a post that is one before going to the next page.

Have to head to work so won't be able to comment further until later. However, I notice that when I edit a post in regards to the aforementioned. When I hit the "edit" button, it should take me to the post I just edited, instead it takes me to what appears to be the first post of the next page. However in this event and other times I have noticed this there has technically yet to be another reply within the thread to create an additional page at that point.

Here is a screen shot of what I get after hitting the edit button, as opposed to being taken to the post I edited.

Not a nuisance by any means as I only need to go back to the first page to see my edit. I just wanted to make Staff aware of the anomaly.

edit on 5/7/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I haven't noticed while editing, but the exact same thing occurs just trying to view the post. Such as- If I click "My Posts," and my post just happens to be the last of a page, it automatically jumps to the next page, regardless if there are any posts on the next page or not.

I have no clue what needs to be done to fix the "bug," but I'm pretty sure I know what causes it. I will attempt to make sense here, but I'm not gonna guarantee that I will.

I think whatever program is in place, does not include the OP as a reply. The program is set with the figures of 20 replies per page. However, page 1 never has 20 replies. Page 1 has the OP + 19 replies. So it throws the whole thing out of whack, but is only noticeable on the very last reply of any page. Also, as previously stated, only noticeable when certain actions are used, such as edit, or jumping direct to that post.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

does not include the OP as a reply

That made sense to me. I think you may very well be on the right track.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Now you just gotta find someone who cares, that can also fix it.

....but, like you said in the OP, it really doesn't cause any problems, aside from being a little annoying. The first couple of times I noticed it, I was confused, and thought maybe my post had been completely removed lol. After finally realizing what was happening though, now it is just automatic to back up a page, if I don't see my post.

new topics

top topics

join