It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V For Vendetta: Begins Playing Out In The UK? Norsefire Party = English Defense League: EDL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

V For Vendetta: Begins Playing Out In The UK?
Norsefire Party = English Defense League: EDL

If you are a member of ATS and have not yet seen or heard of the movie 'V For Vendetta', it is a must see. Great 1984 style warnings and pit-falls of a totalitarian state.

In the movie the Naziesque political party in power is called 'Norsefire'.... this is their symbol.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/476093d7618a.jpg[/atsimg]
Their political values of heritage and religious preservation of an fanatical nature.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b81835f3e44.jpg[/atsimg]
Back to the real world and taking shape is the EDL (English Defense League).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf793beb55aa.jpg[/atsimg]
I had not heard of the EDL until just an hour ago. I read about them rallying a counter-protest against the Muslim protest outside the US Embassy in London to voice outrage over Osama Bin Laden's death.

I went to the EDL website and was shocked at the similarities to the fictional Norsefire party from 'V For Vendetta'. Most shockingly were the similar symbol used as the emblem for each organization. Also the multiple common political beliefs and motivations which appear identical to me.

What does it all mean? Well I for one feel that Movies in modern times are full of hidden and subliminal messages which often times become true.
Has this movie influenced our future?

Anonymous and Guy Fawkes masks are becoming symbols of resistance...
The EDL is growing...
Tension with Muslims growing...
Will there be...
Anarchy In The UK!?!?!

What are your thoughts?

edit on (5/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I cant help but agree with you OP, i have been thinking that its only a matter of time before we have widespread rioting brought out to the streets, as im sure the US will also...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Dont forget what happened to the USA in V for Vendetta...
Described as the worlds biggest leper colony... and the ulcerated sphincter of asserica (USA).

edit on (5/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Divide and conqure
as Hitler said
"Think with your blood!"

every dictatorial system needs its brown shirts...
and to get them going...
who lets the immigrants in in the first place?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
while there is an undeniably eire similarity there, like in the film it would take massive events to turn the EDL from a fringe to a majority party.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

God when you listen to that tool on the tv in that clip, it makes you think, are we really being conditioned to be like his 'listeners'

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
edl are just as bad as terrorist, you don't fight hate with hate.

They are just a bunch of hooligans.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr

God when you listen to that tool on the tv in that clip, it makes you think, are we really being conditioned to be like his 'listeners'

Is there any doubt? No question in my mind. When I first saw this film in the theater when it came out, the first thing I thought was how much the fictional BTN news network in the movie V For Vendetta seemed like FoxNews and other political tools masquerading as news outlets.

Here is a video someone made on YouTube entitled:
Glenn Beck is just like the guy from V for Vendetta

Thought this was relevent. It can never be shared enough. One of the best, and timeless rants about the crazy problems with our modern society. Another must see movie: Network

edit on (5/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: CODE

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

agree, by definition, they should be branded 'terrorists' also, but theres so many ignorant Brits who are happy to respond to a biased news report against muslims with ; 'F*cking Muslims' etc...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Way tooo many similarities, 1 Thing is clear in both videos, there using God as a fearmongering device to control the masses, even more so in the V for Vendetta clip, 'iam a godfearing Englishman and im bloody proud of it' Its like there combining being afraid of God with being English ??? & how do they know what God does or doesnt want, i would imagine what they say 'God' wants is what THEY want !

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is the English Defense League's ominous propaganda video outlining their belief that, essentially, Islam is taking over Europe, and white European culture is destined to become extinct.

EDL - Alarming Facts about Muslim Demographics and Immigration

+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Originally posted by sevensheeps
edl are just as bad as terrorist, you don't fight hate with hate.

They are just a bunch of hooligans.

Sorry, not read all this thread yet but had to reply to this straight away; absolute bollocks! Exactly how many innocent people have EDL killed? How many terrorist attacks have they carried out?
Answer to both of them is none whatsoever.

EDL may have their faults but to liken them to murdering scum like the IRA, ETA, Al-Qaeda, UVF, BSO etc is pathetic and absolute nonsense.
edit on 7/5/11 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
you forgot CIA
al cia duh works for the CIA in Lybia

say i wonder who is getting funded with all the afgani heroin money
and the money they are confiscating from gadaffi...

it says right in the US army manual of counterinsegency that creating and bribing political parties is a great way to destabilize a foreign country
remember the shaw?

works especially good on allies..they are so unsuspecting...
edit on 7-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You make some very good points.

While researching the EDL I am finding that during their protests and rallys they are constantly saying they are not racist, and not Nazi's. In fact they often burn Nazi flags as a way to separate themselves from the idea that they are like Nazis.

It begs the questions....
Is it racist to have pride in your own race/culture?
Is it racist to want to preserve your nation in the way it was when you grew up?
It is racist to protest against groups such as Muslims who have said all Infidels must die etc etc?

edit on (5/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: clarity

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the nazis said all those things too...

who let the muslims in and who gives em what they have...
who ever has been doing the voting
in the big house

just like both parties have voted for "on the sly" amnesty for illegal mexicans in the US
while suing states for upholding immigration law

the queens BP stake is hugely responsible for the reasons muslims need to leave where they are from..
the muslim brother hood was run by british imrelligence during WW2...

note the SHAW installed for BP...like OBAMA seems to be heh heh

so did I say nazis..sorry

yeah man
BP and anti immigrant wine
mussolini would love this

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What's interesting is who is behind the EDL ?

Exposed ! The EDL and its Zionist Connection

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
OK what is the deal with the with the colors red white and black being used again and again in symbolism for these British Totalitarianism organizations (fictional and real)?!?!
Here is a third example:

Waiting... to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting... to weed out the weakling.
Waiting... to smash in their windows and kick in their doors.
Waiting... for the final solution to strengthen the strain.
Waiting... to follow the worms!
Would you like to see Britannia rule again?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf4967d69bc9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf793beb55aa.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/476093d7618a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on (5/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

EDL has Sikh, Hindu and Black members.
EDL has Jewish members.
Hardly remeniscent of the Nazi and other Fascist parties.

I'm sure I recall reading that there are even a couple of Muslim members but I could well be wrong.

EDL have a lot of faults but at the end of the day the are only expressing concern about the perceived Islamification of the UK, a sentiment that is becoming increasingly more widespread.

Things like this do nothing to allay peoples fears.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

ETA.
Oops, forgot link.
edit on 7/5/11 by Freeborn because: Add link

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Trying to remain neutral. After investigation I see that the EDL has taken steps to demonstrate they are not a Nazi, or Racist group.

If I made any accusation that I believe the EDL are Nazis , that was not my intention.
My purpose for this thread was not to side with the PRO or CON EDL groups... simply to discuss the shocking similarities to the symbols and political issues which are common to the film as well as real life.

The EDL is, at this point, not a totalitarian or racist regime, but one could see how it could have its ranks swelled by Nationalistic fervor should some great terrorist attack, or continued division between the Muslims and native Brits continue to exacerbate things.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Freeborn making very good points...

Is it racist to oppose this...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b95cb92b241d.jpg[/atsimg]

Then call me a racist. I dont want ANY religion to dominate the world. I would oppose it. I would fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join