It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic engineering overview: If they SAY they can do this much, how much can they REALLY do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I was looking through a resource that a friend of mine just told me about named TED.

It is a very academically-oriented, you could say elite-oriented site. But I was wondering if I could find any videos that pushed the envelope a little. So far I have found this one:

www.ted.com...

"It's time to question bio-engineering" presented by Paul Root Wolpe.

I don't know this guy. But the presentation is relatively short, seems to be accurate, and gets to the point: We are quickly developing the technical ability to re-engineer the human body and to make animal and human bio-robots.

There are a lot of threads on this site about the rumored technology capabilities of the various power elites. Well, here we can see what is already out on the table.

Many people I know or who write or speak publicly on subjects such as this do not acknowledge (or at least talk publicly about) the extent to which these technologies could be in use on earth. Nor do most of them consider the possibility that these technologies have been in use by off-earth civilizations for thousands of years. Well, that's okay. They can start by confronting the data in the above presentation.

But I must say, when this guy says we have an ethical dilemma on our hands, he's not kidding!

In the "wrong" hands, what could "human" bio-robots be designed to do?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
read

'the gene age'

edward sylvester

lynn klotz

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They say that 20th century was a century of physics, and 21st century will be a century of biology. I believe that even genetically engineered humans will be common in not so distant future. It is inevitable. Thats why it is important to discuss this issue and set some basic rules on what should be allowed and what should not be.
edit on 7/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh my
Ordinance carrying bugs and modified animals that produce industrial chemicals. Wtf?!

Imagine,
Future you, lulls out of bed one morning. Its dark,You stumble...Damn cat! you watch the green glowing tracer of the cats tail wisping around the corner.Following behind you Reach the kitchen,you hear the drone of news spewing from t.v.

Moth Bomb!! Strike, claims 73 today. When insurgents detonated the radio controled device intside allied controlled territory.

Holy SyFy Batman!
S&F

edit on 7-5-2011 by jonny420ls because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Great thread.

hopefully religion doesn't hinder the progress of science as it often does.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Im surprised very few people posted on this subject.
I really think this is a wild leap in biotechnology.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Great a genetically engineered human: engineered to be thin with a body designed to starve in food shortage or an obese superman that could never get enough exercise from our highly designed homes and cities.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In a way it would be grt. But how far would it go. Will it take us to perfection or destroy us?

top topics

join