It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Word Curse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Right first off I didn't know what to call this thread because the story is weird.

Tom Slemen a local man from here, Liverpool writes ghost stories and publishes books containing said stories. Apparently there is a story I read sometime ago I can't remember if it's on the web or in one of his books. A man heard four words and went mad... he ended up in a mental institution .

Thats all I remember some a few others heard these four words and also went mad. I was wondering what the four words were. Tom Slemen apparently knows them. Yet he hasn't turned mad because somebody like a psychic or something put a "Spell" (to think of a better word) on him to make him not turn mad.

I wonder what these four words are, Slemen won't say them, I'd love to hear them. The only thing I can think of is "GOD IS NOT REAL" that would make the people from the olden times think differently.

I can't find nothing online, I'll keep digging...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Plaintiff is granted alimony?

Would certainly drive me to insanity.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Psychics dont cast spells.......................

I recommend doing research before posting on all this stuff, it helps trust me.......

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I recommend doing research before posting on all this stuff, it helps trust me.......

I'm just stating what I remember, it definitely said psychic. This story to me is a bunch of baloney because how can he know the four words an not go insane?? If It was real I'd go around telling everyone. And you two laughing lol thanks for the replies haha kinda summed this slemen guys stories up. You should read them some are scary and some are sick.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Please keep on topic...and keep the snidey quips out of it as well.

Don't like the thread, don't reply...pretty simple.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What I am thinking is that a psychic who reads somebody can be able to pull the darkest secrets out of people. With a little know-how on manipulation that can be used to find the four words that can destroy a person completely. So, what the four words are depends from person to person.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have vague recollections that I have heard of this but cannot recall where atall. However, it does sound rather like something from a Victorian Gothic horror story of the type that was written by M R James and I used to read a lot of those when I was a kid. If you want to research it then the first thing to do would be to try and track down the original source but my guess is that it is simply just a story.

peace
J

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

He knows that psychics don`t cast spells, that`s why he put "for lack of a better word" in parenthasese immediately after that statement...............

I recommend reading the entire post before replying rather than choosing some random spot to stop and then reply based on what you`ve read so far, because those next few words you read could explain a lot and could help you to avoid looking like a.... Just read the whole post before replying this stuff, it helps trust me.......

As far as the 4 words, I don`t think it would be "there is no God" or whatever... I just don`t think it would cause insanity. Now if someone with very clever speaking skills were to sit down and explain Why there is no God, that could scare someone maybe but it would take more than 4 words. This is probably just a neat story made up, but if there really were 4 words that could do that, I would have to imagine it would be some kind of curse like your title said, probably in Latin or some old language. However, I DO find the concept of someone going insane over the Meaning of the words to be quite interesting... thanks for sharing! :]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
this reminds me of an old twilight zone episode.
They never revealed the secret on the show either.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ha! I Googled "Four words that make you go insane" I thought I was onto something when it turned up some links. Unfortunately, the links led me right back here.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch with "the funniest joke in the world".

Be interesting to know what the words in the story were.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So if there actually was "Four words" that made you go insane, Why would you want to read/hear what they are? Then you'd go insane, silly.

Or were you hoping you'd be immune to them, and then say them to that friend of yours who nicked your last beer?

PS: If Tom Slemen is a Ghost Story writer, then how do you know he's not making it up? It could all be part of his own story, where he tells it as if it's true. Therefore sending you to ATS on a wild goose chase.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I know that if a powefully accurate psychic said to me, "You'll never be skinny" (4 dreaded words) I would probably go to a Mall food court, and chow my way into massive cardiac arrest. (Which sounds fun, even without a dire prophecy.)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Right first off I didn't know what to call this thread because the story is weird.

Tom Slemen a local man from here, Liverpool writes ghost stories and publishes books containing said stories. Apparently there is a story I read sometime ago I can't remember if it's on the web or in one of his books. A man heard four words and went mad... he ended up in a mental institution .

Thats all I remember some a few others heard these four words and also went mad. I was wondering what the four words were. Tom Slemen apparently knows them. Yet he hasn't turned mad because somebody like a psychic or something put a "Spell" (to think of a better word) on him to make him not turn mad.

I wonder what these four words are, Slemen won't say them, I'd love to hear them. The only thing I can think of is "GOD IS NOT REAL" that would make the people from the olden times think differently.

I can't find nothing online, I'll keep digging...
Well, first off I believe only a sorcer or a priestess could cast a spell. Second off, I'm pretty sure if the curse is that powerful its forbidden knowledge. Trust me on this one. If a mortal found and freely gave away forbidden knowledge such as this think of the chaos that could insue in the world. Its best if such things were not found out.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Have you seen the movie Martyrs?
(might be a slight spoiler) BUT... At the end where she whispers something in the nuns ear, and the nun instantly shoots herself.
Perhaps those were the four words

new topics

top topics

join