It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Quake in USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
These 2 threads make me believe we have something to see in the future.
If not the present.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
In that thread it's predicted very major quake in the US not among the usual fault lines (least expected)
New Madrid I got the idea for, and even though in the thread there has been a prediction for Japan earth quake I still didn't actually believe something was going to happen until I saw this thread.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
it's not a matter of if

it's a matter of when

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sure, it can happen. I just don't think CA will fall into the ocean as predicted, yet anyway. As it usually goes... It will be a less known or inactive fault and sadly those people will not be prepared.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Nope, i just had gas, i will take some pepto.
Well yeah there will be a huge major quake in the US it will be in 3 days or maybe 300 years.
I will definately say it will be in that window of time.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've been expecting a sizeable quake to come after the northern pacific one in Japan... it's just based on what I "saw" when I looked at the Christchurch quake a few months back.

And, watching quakes for the past ten years I can see the way opening up from the north and south now along with more little quakes in the U.S. this year so far.

My feeling is this year.. nothing about dates but just feel it approaching. Would be nice to be wrong too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I agree I don't believe California will fall into the ocean, bump into Alaska in a several thousand years way more probable given the way the plates move. I have been noticing major bumpage along our side of the ring in the last few weeks. High 4's and 5's have been appearing very frequently from Alaska to Costa Rica and into far South America, making me a little uneasy wondering what the bumping will trigger.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think Washington state and Oregon have the highest risk as they reside right next to the Juan de Fuca plate which is submerging under the North American plate. a 9.0+ in 1700 levelled japanese villages and flattened the coast from south western BC and it's island, down to northern california, which could also rupture on the San Andreas fault.

top topics

join